Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Understanding Reincarnation

+5
23luda23
in2_wishin
Wind-Dancer
Dreamer
Spirit-Being
9 posters

Go down

Understanding Reincarnation Empty Understanding Reincarnation

Post by Spirit-Being January 7th 2009, 11:01 am

Why is it that people believe in reincarnation?

I felt this would be a a great question to discuss, as i do believe reincarnation is possible.

For me reincarnation is a way to perfect oneself, i believe if i do not feel content with who i am, and what i am doing in this life, then i may reincarnate, so that i will become more spiritual and more awakened. I ask myself this question have i attained Enlightenment? Not Yet! :| I am far from it. Maybe when i ascend and unite back with God (Heaven) i will become enlightened, but this is all just my beliefs.

Does reincarnating hold the keys to our spiritual growth?

There have been times when i would wonder why i was feeling certain ways, one thing that bothers me is using a knife to chop vegetables, i feel very uncomfortable around knives. This makes me wonder if in a past life i may have been a victim of a knife wound or something. I do not truly know why i am afraid of knives. Another thing i do not like are Guns i have no desire to use one or be around them, i dont see any usefulness in them, could this be due to a past life. Lastly i love anything that moves outside materialism, which is why i truly love spirituality, i focus so much on my spiritual side that at times the material world melts away. Could i be in a transition of betterment and moving forward on my spiritual path, can this be the result of a past life experience? I am not really sure but what i do is that i am moving forward in my spiritual growth.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Understanding Reincarnation Empty Re: Understanding Reincarnation

Post by Dreamer January 7th 2009, 5:46 pm

I think it is only logical, for those of us who believe in reincarnation, that we learn, "evolve", "perfect" with the act of reincarnating. If we didn't?? why would we do it?
Again it just makes sense to ME.
I think some of it is balance. Some like to call it Karma.
That maybe in one lifetime (for example) we were bigoted in some way.
For our next lifetime, maybe we choose to incarnate in a life that we experience the same bigotry, so we can learn something from both lifetimes. Not as a punishment--but learning--perfecting--evolving.

I really cannot imagine that the Other Side could be so boring we would have to find ways to come back here LOL.

Spirit-being,
your aversion to knives and guns may very well be a result of some past life cell memory. If that is the case, you can remove it by just praying each night for a week or so...asking that any negativity that has been carried over from a past life be absorbed into the White Light of the Holy Spirit. That time has past, and served it's purpose, it isn't needed in this lifetime.
Dreamer
Dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 117
Appreciation Points : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Understanding Reincarnation Empty Things worth talking about?

Post by Wind-Dancer January 7th 2009, 8:05 pm

Resurrection or Reincarnation?

By Dr. Richard P. Bucher
There is a certain fascination with the new inherent in humanity. Of course, this is to be expected. For the new always has one basic advantage over the old. The new hasn't been scrutinized, analyzed, and criticized. By definition we don't know the new very well, so we haven't yet noticed all the flaws and weaknesses. For the time being we're too caught up in the excitement and charm of the new to notice the inconsistencies, problems, and potential dangers.
But the old, on the other hand, has to face the world without this advantage. The old has the serious handicap of being too familiar. The old by definition is very well known, either in fact or perception. And because of this handicap, it often generates little excitement. It often loses out to the new simply because its old, not because the new is better. And it often is taken for granted and neglected as well. This is true in all areas of life.
Especially is this true in the disciplines of religion and philosophy. History is littered with the souls who encountered religious ruin because they embraced something new simply because it was new.
Is such newology happening today? YES! And it even goes by the name of New Age. The only problem with the New Age is that it isn't really new at all. It simply does a masterful job of presenting very old beliefs in a shiny new package.
And there is one old-new belief in particular that we would do well in considering: reincarnation. It is alarming to see an increasing number supposedly finding the answers to life's great questions through this "new" teaching. Especially because many are abandoning the old teaching of the resurrection in the process. For these two teachings are diametrically opposed to one another. They are mutually contradictory. Either you are convinced that the New Age teaching of reincarnation is the truth OR that the old Christian teaching of resurrection is the truth.
With this in mind, I thought it would be interesting to compare these two teachings which are vying for the loyalty of so many Americans. To simplify things, I thought it would be beneficial to compare the answers each of them gives to three extremely important questions: (1) Where do we come from?; (2)Who are we/what are we doing here?; (3)What will happen to us after death?
Where Do We Come From?
Reincarnation says that in the very beginning the three gunas (qualities) of the godhead were in perfect balance and there was nothing but a great void. But a problem arose. Something caused an imbalance in the godhead which began the prakriti (manifestation). From this imbalance came a set number of individual souls which had broken off of the atman (the all-soul). That is how the world as we know it began.
Resurrection, on the other hand, says that man was created in the image and likeness of an all-powerful and personal Triune God. This God, who is the only true God, lovingly made man and everything else in the universe out of nothing. Specifically, the Creator made man out of the dust of the ground and breathed into him the breath of life so that man became a living soul. And from this first man (Adam) the entire earth has been populated through procreation.
Unfortunately, soon after he was created, Adam disobeyed the Creator by breaking His commandment. And as a consequence of this sin, his relationship with the Creator was ruined, his body was corrupted with sin, and aging, sickness, tragedy, and death came upon him. And this has been the lot of humanity ever since.
Who Are We?
Reincarnation says that the human race is the result of the imbalance that occurred in the godhead in the beginning. In other words, we exist only because of a cosmic mistake of gigantic proportions. According to reincarnation, all human souls on the earth today are the same souls who in the beginning separated from the all-soul. And since that initial separation, each of us has lived, died, and been reincarnated, hundreds, if not thousands, of times.
Reincarnation teaches that what we are doing here is trying to stop being reincarnated! Why? So that we can become one with the atman (all-soul) again, like it was in the beginning. How does a person do this? Reincarnation is based upon the Law of Karma. The Law of Karma is the impersonal law of reaping and sowing. It says that whatever you do in this life determines what you will come back as in your next incarnation. If you are evil in this life, then the Law of Karma will cause you to come back as a low-class citizen in the next incarnation--and you will be farther away from reunion with the all-soul. If, on the other hand, you are good in this life, then the Law of Karma will enable you to be reincarnated as a better person-- and you will be closer to getting off the wheel of reincarnation.
However, according to reincarnation, escaping reincarnation is extremely difficult and usually takes hundreds or thousands of lifetimes to build up enough good karma to be set free and to become one with the all-soul. How do you build up good Karma? It can happen in various ways, but basically it depends on the efforts and works of man. Meditation and other spiritual exercises are currently what is popular.
Resurrection gives a much different answer to the question "Who are we?" It teaches that mankind is a race of fallen and condemned creatures of the Triune, Creator-God. Each of us owes our life to Him who has caused us to come into being through our parents. And each of us has but one earthly life to live. Unfortunately, each of us has also been born sinful, guilty, and under the anger of our Creator; for each of us has inherited the sin of the first man. Like Adam, each of us has lost the right relationship with our Creator and are under His wrath.
What is our purpose for being here? According to the Christian teaching of resurrection, to once again find the right relationship with the Creator which we had in the beginning. To find this right relationship is to find eternal life and paradise. To not find it is to be punished with eternal damnation in a literal hell.
The good news of the Resurrection is that God Himself has taken the initiative to restore us to a right relationship with Him, for only He could do it. None of us can ever hope to do it by our good works for we are too sinful. Only the Creator could restore His creation to what it had been. But to do that, sin and death had to be done away with.
So because He loved us, God became man and came to His creation to do just that. Jesus Christ, the God-man, the Creator made human, took away sin and death by dying on the cross. He went to the cross to bear our punishment. And He was resurrected to prove that He had truly defeated sin and death once and for all.
And all of this: forgiveness of sins, the right relationship with God, and the promise of eternal life in a new heaven and earth, God offers to everyone for free! But it can be received only in one way: faith. Faith in Jesus as Savior is what restores us to the relationship which we had with the Creator in the beginning.
What Will Happen To Us After Death?
Reincarnation says that the answer depends on a person's karma. If a person builds up enough good karma, he will eventually (it takes thousands of years) get off the reincarnation wheel, escape death, and become one with the atman, the all-soul. That is the goal of all who follow the new teaching of reincarnation. But understand clearly what that means. Becoming one with the all-soul means losing one's individual identity and personality. You as a person cease to be.
How different is the true and joyful message of the resurrection! For the message of the resurrection is that we who believe in Jesus Christ as Savior have HOPE. For we have been promised that we shall rise from the dead one day even as He has triumphantly risen! Because Christ has conquered death through His crucifixion and resurrection, SO SHALL WE!! When He comes again on the clouds in glory He will raise up our bodies perfect and incorruptible, which never again will grow old, weary, sick, or die.
And He who raises us up will take us home to the new heaven and earth where righteousness dwells. And there we shall live in paradise in the presence of our loving Triune Creator forever!!!
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by in2_wishin January 7th 2009, 11:52 pm

I believe in reincarnation.

What is in us that will awaken with each of our lifetimes lived, in a dimension where love does not always exist, at least in physical form.

Well, for example, sometimes kids are away to summer camp, they love their parents, they miss them, then they also realize that they love and misse their family pet, they miss their siblings as well.

Perhaps through reincarnation we gain more thoughts about ourselves, more thoughts and understandings about those around us that we love.
in2_wishin

Number of posts : 18
Appreciation Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being January 8th 2009, 9:59 pm

in2_wishin wrote:Perhaps through reincarnation we gain more thoughts about ourselves, more thoughts and understandings about those around us that we love.

Beautifully Said
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 June 12th 2009, 5:14 am

My belief in reincarnation has changed my whole outlook on life. From my personal experience it is "the Key" to freedom from certain mental ills that affect humans. I use to always ask why? And I don’t have to do it no more I just accept whatever comes my way and do my best to learn a lesson. Also my confidence in the LOVE OF GOD has improved dramatically, in fact I could say I now never doubt it. God loves everyone but there are many human beings that never even had the chance to believe in anything spiritual therefore has never spiritually awaken which I believe have to be done while we are in physical bodies. For some the journey is longer then others but eventually all will inter the Kingdom of God. I am hoping to do this in this life time and wishing same for others.

Peace and Love :love3:
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being June 12th 2009, 7:44 pm

I do still feel that i have much to accomplish in this lifetime. Would love to complete the journey this time around as well. :s2:

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being June 15th 2009, 5:46 pm

"Allah hath caused you to grow from the earth, and afterwards He maketh you return therto, and He will bring you forth again."

Matt. 17:12&13: "I tell you that Elijah has already come and people did not recognize him ... Then the disciples understood that he (Jesus) was talking to them about John the Baptist."

Matt. 11:14: "..and if you are willing to believe their message, John is Elijah, whose coming was predicted. Listen, then, if you have ears!"

John 3:6 Jesus: "A person is born physically of human parents, but he is born spiritually of the Spirit."

John 9:1 The disciples asked Jesus: "Teacher, whose sin caused him to be born blind? Was it his own or his parents' sin?" (How could his fault be considered when he was born blind?)

Old Testament:
Malachi 4:5: "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and
dreadful day of the Lord."

The Bhagavad Gita:
2:22 "Even as a person casts off worn-out clothes and puts on others that are new, so the
embodied Self casts off worn-out bodies and enters into others that are new."

4:5 Krishna: "Many a birth have I passed through, and so have you. I know them all, but you know them not."

Plato:
"The Soul is older than body. Souls are continuously born over again into this life."

Kahlil Gibran
"A little while, a moment of rest upon the wind, and another woman shall bear me."

Kabbala:
Gilgul, Gilgul neshamot or Gilgulei Ha Neshamot (Heb. גלגול הנשמות) refers to the concept of reincarnation, emanating from the Kabbalistic framework within Judaism. In Hebrew, the word gilgul means "cycle" and neshamot is the plural for "souls." Souls are seen to "cycle" through "lives" or "incarnations", being attached to different human bodies over time. Which body they associate with depends on their particular task in the physical world, spiritual levels of the bodies of predecessors and so on.

For the Buddha, the ultimate state of existence was Nirvana wherein all the worldly and impermanent aspects of existence disappear in the realities of something far greater. It consists of a melding of one's being with something that has no boundaries and has been compared to a dewdrop melding with the sea or the dewdrop opening up to receive the sea.

I believe our goal in this life is to shed worldly (Material) imperfections and allow our soul to live through this body, in other words allowing God to flow through us "To awaken spiritually"

How do you feel about your souls progress in this life?

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer July 4th 2009, 6:02 pm

What is the difference in reincarnation and resurection?
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 July 4th 2009, 8:18 pm

Wind-Dancer wrote:What is the difference in reincarnation and resurection?

Resurrection
1. The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.
2. The state of one who has returned to life.

(To life in the same body) according to this definition, however Jesus was known to change his bodily appearance after his resurrection. In his case it was a resurrection unto eternal life in the imperishable body with unlimited potential.

Reincarnation
1. Rebirth of the soul in another body.
2. A reappearance or revitalization in another form; a new embodiment

Resurrection is also used to describe resurrection unto death or reincarnation where one /soul acquires temporal life in the perishable body that will die.

I believe that literal death is not necessary in order to be resurrected unto life eternal. The Bible states, that change will take place in the twinkling of an eye from perishable to imperishable. But reincarnation requires literal death in order to be reborn in the new physical body as far as i know .

Peace and Love Heaven
23luda23
23luda23

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer July 5th 2009, 5:56 pm

Thank you luda. Here is anoter idea to think about too. I dont know about you but im very confused about what im suppose to bellieve right now.
Leo Rosten

Doctrinal Reincarnation

"I never cease being dumbfounded by the unbelievable things people believe" - Leo Rosten

Reincarnation, in order to make sense, must somehow be fitted into a consistent belief system. A number of such systems now exist in the West.

But it seems to me that such systems have not generally taken hold even among people who accept reincarnation and that they exhibit numerous internal contradictions.

Reincarnation, in fact, poses many logical problems.

If we migrate as souls from one body to another, why is it that we remember so little, if anything, of our past lives?
What is the purpose of this migration anyway?
How is the personal identity of an individual safeguarded in spite of his or her succession of earthly lives?
Where do souls stay while resting between earthly incarnations?
How does reincarnation fit into a wider perspective of the universe?
There are doctrinal systems that provide answers. They can roughly be sub-divided under three categories: the classical Oriental belief systems, the adapted oriental systems, and the purely westernised systems.

It is not my task here to outline such systems in detail. I need to sketch them briefly to distinguish them clearly from the pragmatic reincarnationism I will describe later.

The classical oriental system is found mainly in Hindu and Buddhist sects that have spread to the West. Sai Baba, Hare Krishna, Rajneesh, the Divine Light mission, and more than a hundred other new religious movements teach classical forms of reincarnation to their followers.

Reincarnation as a cascade of births in ever lower life forms

s

Another group of belief systems has been developed by western thinkers and religious leaders who borrow heavily from the oriental traditions, while giving their doctrines a more western approach. Typical of such systems is, for instance, the system proposed by Réné K. Mueller. He sees all reality as a manifestation of the ultimate life principle, the Higher Self, which is absolute and pre-existent.

This Higher Self is individualised in so-called "etheric doubles", which live on the ethereal plane. These etheric individuals, in turn, have realities as astral bodies on the astral planes of Venus, Jupiter, the sun and so on, which each incarnate in a number of lives here on earth in the physical, earthly plane.

If one accepts this structure of the universe, reincarnation makes sense. In the last analysis, all of us are then really one and the same Spirit. Each of our lives is an adventure by that deepest Spirit in a million new variations and progressive self-realisations.

Reincarnation as the conscious choice of an ambitious soul

In another kind of belief system God is de-emphasized, "spiritual energy" put instead. We find a clear example of this in the doctrines proposed by James Redfield. His books that have sold millions of copies, portray the whole of our earthly reality as vibrations of a spiritual reality. The energy manifests itself most in human beings.1

All of us derive from another realm which he calls "the afterlife dimension" which is a world of utter beauty, clear form, and brilliant light. The afterlife dimension is populated by families of souls which he calls "soul groups". From time to time each soul chooses to reincarnate into a new existence for a specific reason. Before its re-birth, the soul has a "birth vision" through which it has a rather precise idea of what its future life in a particular incarnation will be like, and through which it formulates some specific objectives with its new birth.

Usually these objectives envisage self-perfection by accumulating useful experiences and by communicating some higher knowledge to others. After death, the soul has a "life review" in which it, together with its soul group, evaluates the failures and successes of the previous life.

Through the on-going cycles of birth and re-birth, the combined soul groups have an overall objective, called the the "world vision". This may be formulated as stimulating ever greater awareness among the earthly population and as gradually establishing an ever higher presence of love as the highest form of energy.

How many people really believe these doctrines?

I am reporting on such belief systems in a summary form to indicate that we do, indeed, find consistent belief systems, whatever their validity. Such systems pose as rivals to the other main belief systems in the western world: the orthodox Christian belief and the materialist humanist belief. Doctrinal reincarnationism merits and demands full examination.

However, it is my considered view, after studying the available material and meeting the people who believe in reincarnation, that such consistent reincarnational belief systems are only adhered to by a proportion, perhaps even a small proportion, of those people who say they believe in reincarnation.

Reincarnation has not really succeeded in achieving respectability within the academic or scientific community.
Since 1980, reincarnation as a phenomenon has been discussed in more than twenty scientific journals in the West.2 These publications ranged from psychological, medical, sociological, philosophical to specifically religious journals. They included the major language areas of English, German, French and Spanish. Characteristic were, for instance, prolonged series of articles in "Free Inquiry" and "Religious Studies". However, if we consider that the search covered 300 scientific journals in a 15 years' range (1980 - 1995), it is clear that the articles represent only 0.1% of the material or less. Reincarnation does not figure prominently in academic discussion. Moreover, though some articles defended reincarnation, the vast majority were critical of it.

The doctrines of reincarnation are more widely spread by semi-academic books and pamphlets. In general, these focus on offering evidence to prove the occurrence of reincarnation rather than presenting consistent theories. In the English language area, Ian Stevenson has emerged as a prolific and influential author who is frequently quoted.3 The problem is that, even though Stevenson's arguments have been challenged by critics,4 they are cited as scientific and irrefutable proofs.
Doctrinal reincarnation is also readily available on the Internet. I have identified more than a hundred websites that disseminate reincarnational beliefs.
In all this the popular defence of reincarnation emerges as an undercurrent of protest against the materialist assumptions of western science. The stress on soul as ultimate reality within the universe strongly contradicts the scientific establishment which reduces all reality, including our human spirit, to mere matter.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 July 5th 2009, 7:07 pm

Wind-Dancer wrote:Thank you luda. Here is anoter idea to think about too. I dont know about you but im very confused about what im suppose to bellieve right now.
Leo Rosten

Doctrinal Reincarnation

"I never cease being dumbfounded by the unbelievable things people believe" - Leo Rosten

Reincarnation, in order to make sense, must somehow be fitted into a consistent belief system. A number of such systems now exist in the West.

But it seems to me that such systems have not generally taken hold even among people who accept reincarnation and that they exhibit numerous internal contradictions.

Reincarnation, in fact, poses many logical problems.

If we migrate as souls from one body to another, why is it that we remember so little, if anything, of our past lives?
What is the purpose of this migration anyway?
How is the personal identity of an individual safeguarded in spite of his or her succession of earthly lives?
Where do souls stay while resting between earthly incarnations?
How does reincarnation fit into a wider perspective of the universe?
There are doctrinal systems that provide answers. They can roughly be sub-divided under three categories: the classical Oriental belief systems, the adapted oriental systems, and the purely westernised systems.

It is not my task here to outline such systems in detail. I need to sketch them briefly to distinguish them clearly from the pragmatic reincarnationism I will describe later.

The classical oriental system is found mainly in Hindu and Buddhist sects that have spread to the West. Sai Baba, Hare Krishna, Rajneesh, the Divine Light mission, and more than a hundred other new religious movements teach classical forms of reincarnation to their followers.

Reincarnation as a cascade of births in ever lower life forms

s

Another group of belief systems has been developed by western thinkers and religious leaders who borrow heavily from the oriental traditions, while giving their doctrines a more western approach. Typical of such systems is, for instance, the system proposed by Réné K. Mueller. He sees all reality as a manifestation of the ultimate life principle, the Higher Self, which is absolute and pre-existent.

This Higher Self is individualised in so-called "etheric doubles", which live on the ethereal plane. These etheric individuals, in turn, have realities as astral bodies on the astral planes of Venus, Jupiter, the sun and so on, which each incarnate in a number of lives here on earth in the physical, earthly plane.

If one accepts this structure of the universe, reincarnation makes sense. In the last analysis, all of us are then really one and the same Spirit. Each of our lives is an adventure by that deepest Spirit in a million new variations and progressive self-realisations.

Reincarnation as the conscious choice of an ambitious soul

In another kind of belief system God is de-emphasized, "spiritual energy" put instead. We find a clear example of this in the doctrines proposed by James Redfield. His books that have sold millions of copies, portray the whole of our earthly reality as vibrations of a spiritual reality. The energy manifests itself most in human beings.1

All of us derive from another realm which he calls "the afterlife dimension" which is a world of utter beauty, clear form, and brilliant light. The afterlife dimension is populated by families of souls which he calls "soul groups". From time to time each soul chooses to reincarnate into a new existence for a specific reason. Before its re-birth, the soul has a "birth vision" through which it has a rather precise idea of what its future life in a particular incarnation will be like, and through which it formulates some specific objectives with its new birth.

Usually these objectives envisage self-perfection by accumulating useful experiences and by communicating some higher knowledge to others. After death, the soul has a "life review" in which it, together with its soul group, evaluates the failures and successes of the previous life.

Through the on-going cycles of birth and re-birth, the combined soul groups have an overall objective, called the the "world vision". This may be formulated as stimulating ever greater awareness among the earthly population and as gradually establishing an ever higher presence of love as the highest form of energy.

How many people really believe these doctrines?

I am reporting on such belief systems in a summary form to indicate that we do, indeed, find consistent belief systems, whatever their validity. Such systems pose as rivals to the other main belief systems in the western world: the orthodox Christian belief and the materialist humanist belief. Doctrinal reincarnationism merits and demands full examination.

However, it is my considered view, after studying the available material and meeting the people who believe in reincarnation, that such consistent reincarnational belief systems are only adhered to by a proportion, perhaps even a small proportion, of those people who say they believe in reincarnation.

Reincarnation has not really succeeded in achieving respectability within the academic or scientific community.
Since 1980, reincarnation as a phenomenon has been discussed in more than twenty scientific journals in the West.2 These publications ranged from psychological, medical, sociological, philosophical to specifically religious journals. They included the major language areas of English, German, French and Spanish. Characteristic were, for instance, prolonged series of articles in "Free Inquiry" and "Religious Studies". However, if we consider that the search covered 300 scientific journals in a 15 years' range (1980 - 1995), it is clear that the articles represent only 0.1% of the material or less. Reincarnation does not figure prominently in academic discussion. Moreover, though some articles defended reincarnation, the vast majority were critical of it.

The doctrines of reincarnation are more widely spread by semi-academic books and pamphlets. In general, these focus on offering evidence to prove the occurrence of reincarnation rather than presenting consistent theories. In the English language area, Ian Stevenson has emerged as a prolific and influential author who is frequently quoted.3 The problem is that, even though Stevenson's arguments have been challenged by critics,4 they are cited as scientific and irrefutable proofs.
Doctrinal reincarnation is also readily available on the Internet. I have identified more than a hundred websites that disseminate reincarnational beliefs.
In all this the popular defence of reincarnation emerges as an undercurrent of protest against the materialist assumptions of western science. The stress on soul as ultimate reality within the universe strongly contradicts the scientific establishment which reduces all reality, including our human spirit, to mere matter.

These are all very good questions. My personal belief in reincarnation is not based on any doctrines you presented. The scriptures from the Holy Bible is what I used to establish this belief and farther verified by the Gospel of the Nazirenes also known as the Gospel of the Holy twelve. I don’t believe this just because I want to –I believe this because this belief has changed my life and continues to do so .

Here some excerpt from the Gospel of Nazarenes that may answer some of questions

CHAPTER 37: The Re-Embodiment of the Soul

1.Yeshua sat in the porch of the temple, and some came to learn His doctrine, and one said to Him, "Master, what do you teach concerning life?"

2.And He said to them, "Blessed are they who suffer many experiences, for they will be made perfect through suffering; they will be as the angels of God in heaven and will die no more. Neither will they be born any more, for death and birth have no more dominion over them."

3."They who have suffered and have overcome will be made pillars of the temple of my God, and they will go out no more.(see Revelation 3:12 Holy Bible) I say to you, except you be born again of water and of fire, you cannot see the kingdom of God."

4.And a certain Rabbi, Nicodemus, came to Him by night for fear of the Jews, and said to Him, "How can a man be born again when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born again?"

5.Yeshua answered "Except a man be born again of flesh and of spirit, he can not enter into the kingdom of God. The wind blows where it lists, and you hear the sound of it, but can not tell from where it comes or to where it goes."

6."The light shines from the East even to the West; out of the darkness. The sun rises and sets into darkness again; so is it with man, from the ages to the ages."

7."When it cometh from the darkness, it is that he has lived before, and when it goes down again into darkness, it is that he may rest for a little, and there after again exist."

8."So through many changes must you be made perfect, as it is written in the book of Job, 'I am a wanderer, changing place after place and house after house, until I come into the city and mansion which is eternal.'"

9.And Nicodemus said to him, "How can these things be?" And Yeshua answered , "You are a teacher in Israel, and do not understand these things? Truly, we speak that which we know, and bear witness to that which we have seen, and you do not receive our witness."

10."If I tell you of earthly things, and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you of heavenly things? No one ascends into heaven, unless they descended out of heaven, even the son or daughter of man which is in Heaven."
23luda23
23luda23

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 5th 2009, 7:49 pm

Peter Novak's Consciousness Research

Novak's research uncovered extensive data from both scientific and scriptural sources that all pointed to the same promising yet highly disturbing conclusion - that the human psyche does survive physical death, but often divides entirely apart in the process into separate conscious and unconscious components. Novak suggests that the traditional "reincarnation" and "resurrection" hypotheses can, at long last, be reconciled by factoring the dissimilar scientific qualities and functions of the conscious and unconscious minds into the equation, pointing out that scriptures from a great number of different traditions already reflect just such a divided, "binary-soul" vision of the afterlife.

Basically, Novak's theory states that the soul body and spirit body separate after death. The soul body is discarded and the spirit ultimately reincarnates with a new soul body. After a large number of reincarnations, the spirit has discarded a large number of soul bodies. At the time of the "Final Judgment," a doctrine held by all Middle Eastern religions, the so-called "resurrection" will occur. Novak theorizes that at this time, all the discarded soul bodies will reunited with the spirit body. The result will be a world of highly enlightened people knowing all their past lives and their associated life experience and knowledge. Thus, reincarnation and resurrection are not mutually exclusive concepts according to Novak's theory.

Visit Peter Novak's website for more information about Peter and his research.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 5th 2009, 8:47 pm

As this is a great discussion about resurrection i must say i have put off adding a category/forum on Resurrection for some time, not everyone believes in reincarnation and i should have thought of this earlier my sincerest apologies.

Many Blessings

P.S Resurrection has been added to the forums enjoy the discussions Meditate
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 July 6th 2009, 12:32 am

This is a very interesting statement "I never cease being dumbfounded by the unbelievable things people believe" - Leo Rosten -the same could be applied to every belief and/or theory imaginable including that of Leo Rosten.
23luda23
23luda23

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HypnoDude July 14th 2009, 9:04 pm

Wind-Dancer wrote: I dont know about you but im very confused about what im suppose to bellieve right now.

This statement struck me more than any other.

There is nothing wrong with being confused, however at the same time, who is to say what specifically anyone is 'suppose to believe'? Only you can decide what you believe, no one has the right to say what you are 'suppose to believe.'

I look at it this way. We dont all have to believe the same way. As long as you Believe, and that belief (whatever it may be) resonates within you and fullfills what you feel is your higher purpose, and you feel you understand what you believe and what you dont believe.
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 136
Appreciation Points : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer July 15th 2009, 5:38 pm

Thanks i appreciate that statement. sometimes i go totally in a different direction with my thoughts. It takes me a little while to get myself centered again.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots July 15th 2009, 7:20 pm

what was the original question.....LOL?

why do people believe in reincarnation?
and does reincarnation hold the key to spiritual growth?

it would probably be the "I;ve been here before with you" feeling
or moment of time when our soul realizes this...

didn't sylvia browne say our memories are erased
but the cell memories do leak through....

dreamer, hyonodude help me here....please Thank You

so people talk about it because it happens
and it's what folks have in common...

I personally believe a real human being is interested in science and spirituality both.

so experiencing stuff over and over again makes you a better decision maker
and how you decided before may not be what you decide now so you
experience a level higher or lower to something you have experienced before....wheew! LOL

what a merry-go-round and roller coaster it been....LOL :library:
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 15th 2009, 8:32 pm

d-knots wrote:what was the original question.....LOL?

why do people believe in reincarnation?
and does reincarnation hold the key to spiritual growth?

it would probably be the "I;ve been here before with you" feeling
or moment of time when our soul realizes this...

so people talk about it because it happens
and it's what folks have in common...

I personally believe a real human being is interested in science and spirituality both.

so experiencing stuff over and over again makes you a better decision maker
and how you decided before may not be what you decide now so you
experience a level higher or lower to something you have experienced before....wheew! LOL

what a merry-go-round and roller coaster it been....LOL

It makes sense spirituality and science would mix so well, for quite some time i have had bad thoughts about science only because i did not understand how science is helping, i always looked at the bad things in this world and blamed science for them. But i realize it is not science that is to blame for any of the bad stuff, it is us as a human race. I do feel that in time each one of us will begin to wake up, and begin to show more Love & Peace on this planet.

I do love telescopes Heart Pump

I believe scientists use them to explore? Thumb

I started this post a while back and when i reread it i feel that the true question is Understanding Reincarnation and how we could end the cycle of reincarnation. I do agree with the roller coaster and the ups and downs :..'..:

During this life could each peak of the roller coaster be staying the same height and the lows getting less moving towards the peak height. Each go of the ups and down the roller coaster begins to straighten. and one day the roller coaster may be flat and be able to travel much longer distances, with the bumps gone the roller coaster travels on the straight and narrow path, farther & faster.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HypnoDude July 15th 2009, 9:40 pm

d-knots wrote:

Ok D-Knots.....

You said it the simplest way possibly, not any way I can add to that really. The rest is pretty much personal feelings about it I would say.

Thank You For your posts! You always give another spin of things Thumb
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 136
Appreciation Points : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Csongor October 16th 2009, 4:34 pm

I belive in reincarnation. You could be borned in a place and, finis all of your purposes and enjoy a lot there, and after then you can think about a different place where you are even higher level entity, you have new and different purposes and new enjoyments etc...............

: )

Csongi
Csongor

Number of posts : 2
Appreciation Points : 4
Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity - Dawn October 16th 2009, 7:15 pm

That's very insightful Csongor

I also believe in reincarnation....
Serenity - Dawn
Serenity - Dawn

Female
Number of posts : 284
Hobbies : I love astral travelling...
Tell us about yourself : I love animals, and nature. I believe we all come from the same Divine Sacred Source, and we are all entwined as one, with the universe.
Appreciation Points : 307
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down