Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samael Aun Weor

3 posters

Go down

Samael Aun Weor Empty Samael Aun Weor

Post by Spirit-Being January 19th 2009, 8:02 pm

Hello Everyone

I like to add a person who has inspired my life, i love his books and i know i should read more but i lie to myself and don't set aside the time i need to read or listen to his books. Here is a short Biography of Samael Aun Weor.

Samael Aun Weor wrote over sixty books, gave thousands of lectures, and formed the worldwide Gnostic Movement, whose members number in the millions. Though these accomplishments are certainly impressive by any standard, they are merely the pale terrestrial reflection of the work he accomplished internally, spiritually. And yet, in spite of his wisdom and generosity towards mankind, he said:

Do not follow me. I am just a signpost. Reach your own Self-realization.
His lifelong mission was to deliver to humanity the complete path toward the realization of the inner Being, or in other words, the total and exact science required by anyone of any religion, race, culture or creed who wishes to fully and completely develop the human soul. The path he taught is the Path of the Bodhisattva, that mysterious and ancient wisdom long hidden in the bosom of every great religion.

For as long as space endures
and for as long as the world lasts,
may I live dispelling the miseries
of the world.
- From The Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life by Santideva

The Bodhisattva Path, also known as the Straight Path, is taken by very few. While many aspire to the Light, the vast majority take the easier Spiral Path, which is accomplished over a much longer period. The walker of the Straight Path is rare because that road is bitter, painful and filled with terrors. Embodied in the life story of Jesus of Nazareth, the Path of the Bodhisattva is a path of crucifixion and suffering on behalf of others.

The straight path, the upright course of action, the eightfold path, conducts us from the darkness to the light. Thus, this is what Christ meant when he said to us:

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6

Those who renounce the happiness of Nirvana because of their love for mankind, those who have the body or vehicle of solar transformation, the Nirmanakaya, are the authentic Bodhisattvas, who indeed walk along the straight path; they know the word of the Lord.

Regarding myself, concerning me, I am a walker of the straight path; thus, I teach the doctrine related with the straight path for those who want to go on the straight path. As to those who do not want to go on the straight path, well, I’m sorry, but the moment at which they have to define themselves will come: then, to those who choose the Spiral Nirvanic Path, we, the ones who follow the Straight Path, have to say “good-bye," because we go towards the Absolute! - Samael Aun Weor Read More

If you are interested in reading or listening to anyone of his books you can find them here.

Here you can find some of his written books.

http://www.gnosiscentral.com/onlineBooks.php

Here are some of his audio books.

http://www.gnosiscentral.com/audioBooks.php

A few of my favorite books by Samael Aun Weor are "The Three Mountains" & "Treatise of Revolutionary Psychology" I hope you enjoy his books. Very Happy

Enjoy!

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Samael Aun Weor Empty Re: Samael Aun Weor

Post by Dreamer January 19th 2009, 9:43 pm

Do not follow me. I am just a signpost. Reach your own Self-realization.
I like that!!
Again thanks for bringing him to my attention. Wink
Dreamer
Dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 117
Appreciation Points : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic April 11th 2012, 11:43 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael_Aun_Weor

quote from article:
Psychology

The basis of Samael Aun Weor's Practical Work is of a psychological
nature. He states in many of his books that the purpose of his doctrine
is to effect a psychological change. The terms Gnostic, Esoteric or
Revolutionary Psychology are used to describe the psychological methods
taught, and are said to be synonymous with the psychological teachings
of religion.[40][41]

A fundamental axiom presented is that an ordinary human being is not
really human at all, but rather an intellectual animal (a rational
animal) with consciousness asleep.[42]
According to Samael Aun Weor, a true human being is someone who has no
psychological imperfection, an image of God, as in Jesus' saying,
"Become perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect."[43][44]
Samael Aun Weor writes of the awakening of consciousness as being very
similar to the traditional Buddhist understanding, and throughout his
works he describes many analogous processes as they are spoken of in
different religions.

In order to awaken the consciousness correctly, Samael Aun Weor
stated it was necessary to annihilate the ego. He taught that one’s ego
is really not one but many, or a multitude of independent, contradictory
desires. Likewise, each person's ego is said to actually contain many
"I’s," many "egos," many "aggregates." Each desire is an "I" and each
"I" has its own specific causes and conditions that lead to its
personification at a particular time.[45] This is the mechanism behind what is commonly called "changing one’s mind" (metanoia) because when one "I" changes to another a literal exchange of personified psychological aggregates has taken place.[46] This "doctrine of the many", the Plural 'I' or Pluralized Ego, is the same as that taught by G.I. Gurdjieff and his disciple P. D. Ouspensky and is one of the reasons Samael Aun Weor was sometimes accused of plagiarism. To this he responded that Gurdjieff was not the author of this doctrine and that its origin is found in Egypt and Tibet.[47][48][49]

Interesting person. Thank you Spirit-Being!

sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down