Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Ways to Have a Better Day Today

+2
sunmystic
Vanilla2
6 posters

Go down

10 Ways to Have a Better Day Today  Empty 10 Ways to Have a Better Day Today

Post by Vanilla2 March 8th 2012, 8:55 am

10 Ways to Have a Better Day Today
by Geno Stampora

1 ) Wake up 30 Minutes Early.
Get up 30 minutes before the alarm goes off and take the first half hour for yourself. Once you get busy and into the day there never seems to be the time for yourself. Take this time to plan getting the most from the day.

2 ) Read, Listen, or Watch Something Uplifting.
Make this a daily habit. Get out of starting the day with no mental food. A great day does not begin with the news or the paper, it begins with ideas or energy that will propel you through the day. What you first hear will stay with you throughout the day.

3 ) Eat a Good Breakfast to Start You Off Right.
Get something good into your body to wake it up and get it going. Think about the energy you will need to perform. Everyday we run a marathon. What would you need to eat and drink to win it.

4 ) Choose Your Winning Attitude.
There is enough to go wrong without sabotaging yourself. Your attitude is a choice you make. Don't let it come between you and your success. Be careful to keep it positive all day long.

5 ) Be Aware of What They are Telling You.
The people around us have a profound effect on how we get through life. Our closest friends and family are our greatest environmental influences. Make sure you have the best advisors you can find.

6 ) Make the Most of What You Do.
When you get to your work, make it the best place to be. Most people go to work and never think about work while they are there. Focus on your contribution. What would it be like if you were not around. Strive to give a 100% each and every day.

7 ) Always Remember that People are Listening.
Make a point of talking well of others. Wish others the best in life. What goes around does come around. Don't talk negative about anyone. Try to understand their circumstances Practice being a support system to your friends and family. They need you.

8 ) Be Honest and Fair to Others.
It does make a difference. What you give to others is usually what you get from others. Practice integrity that people can see and feel. Be aware of what you say. Learn to walk your talk at all times. The more people trust you, the more of their time they will trust with you.

9 ) Pace Your Energy to Last All Day.
Be careful of bursts of energy. Pace your energy throughout the day. If you get to crazy early in the day, you will reach a point of exhaustion before the day is over. By planning your entire day before you begin, you will have what you need. You've heard the old saying "look alive."

10 ) Get in Bed Early and Study for the Future.
I have a friend who keeps a journal at his bedside. Every night he writes what he learned new on that day. The only way to keep one step above the masses is to learn new ways to do things. Develop the habit of reading a work or personal development book before you go to sleep. Reading for 30 minutes a day is like a year of college. You can't succeed if you don't read. Remember throughout your day that life is what we make it, day by day. Practice having the best day ever. It adds up to a great life.

Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

10 Ways to Have a Better Day Today  Empty Re: 10 Ways to Have a Better Day Today

Post by sunmystic March 8th 2012, 10:13 am

These are very good suggestions Vanilla! I can't see how anybody could possibly loose if these followed these suggestions Smile

Good post!
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

10 Ways to Have a Better Day Today  Empty Re: 10 Ways to Have a Better Day Today

Post by Vanilla2 March 8th 2012, 10:28 am

But it would be a challenge following and remembering all 10, each and every day. No
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic March 8th 2012, 10:41 am

Vanilla2 wrote:But it would be a challenge following and remembering all 10, each and every day. 10 Ways to Have a Better Day Today  529653

Smile It would involve some major changes in "my" habit pattern reality, that is for sure Smile ! But what you posted is a gift.
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda April 3rd 2012, 1:47 pm

I Love, Love, Love your post Vanilla2. It really, really does make a difference to get up earlier, no rushing around to get stuff done before work. I am going to start doing that again, I miss the sunrise, gonna make it a point to see it from here on. Thanks for the reminder. 10 Ways to Have a Better Day Today  12339
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann April 3rd 2012, 2:00 pm

A beautiful list.. worthy of hanging the 10 things as a remembering
To DO LIST t on the frig

thank you for sharing it.. it is wonderful and inspirational..
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being April 3rd 2012, 4:25 pm

Vanilla2 wrote:10 ) Get in Bed Early and Study for the Future.
I have a friend who keeps a journal at his bedside. Every night he writes what he learned new on that day. The only way to keep one step above the masses is to learn new ways to do things. Develop the habit of reading a work or personal development book before you go to sleep. Reading for 30 minutes a day is like a year of college. You can't succeed if you don't read. Remember throughout your day that life is what we make it, day by day. Practice having the best day ever. It adds up to a great life.

All ten are wonderful guidelines and wouldn't it be nice if i could discipline myself to practice all ten. The one i felt i needed to do more of is number ten. I felt it was very Inspiring and keeping things fresh and new, continuing to learn new things as well as the experiences that go with it. I like to call it "working on ourselves", or another good phrase Mia mentioned in a her post was "a me day" This is like medicine for the soul.

My soul loves this kind of medicine Jog it's like a small child when they learn something new. Just grabbing a notebook and jotting down a dream i had or writting my meditation experience, or anything throughout the day. Just as we have our journals here on SJF to share our lives and words with others. The post Mia put up was very good as well called what did you do today? I hope i didn't get off track but i Love what you shared Vanilla anyone of those are great to follow.

~Love, Light, Blessings~
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by beautydylan June 21st 2012, 1:54 pm

Brilliant thread Vanilla 10 Ways to Have a Better Day Today  220146
beautydylan
beautydylan

Female
Number of posts : 179
Location : Non serious answer - outside my head, serious answer - UK
Hobbies : Being random and writing poetry
Tell us about yourself : I do random very well lol
Appreciation Points : 212
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down