Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does Spiritualism mean to You?

+6
shortangel
bhagavandas
Arbel
ATouchofHeart
Taurus20
Aussiepom
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What does Spiritualism mean to You? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Spiritualism mean to You?

Post by sunmystic March 21st 2013, 3:03 pm

Aussiepom wrote:
sunmystic wrote:
Aussiepom wrote:Hi John.
I have never had much faith in my mediumnistic abilities. I was told a while ago I was a 'natural medium' meaning untrained.
I cannot give messages to folks,though I do pick up from them.
In the UK,there is a large building called Stanstead House.it is a place where budding mediums can be trained.
Someone suggested I visit there and book up but I have no interest. What comes naturally to me is good enough.
if spirit wish to contact me,then I am always ready to listen to them.
Joan x

Yes, me too. And everything that one says to people affects their future because it changes or effects the decisions that they make and these decisions are what create their future. To me that is a lot of responsibility that I would rather not have to deal with. A little bit now and then is fun if you are gentle about it, but Smile that is about it. John

I never offer messages to anyone. If some thought enters my mind about someone standing in front of me,I keep silent unless they ask me.
Smile
Joan

Smile !
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

What does Spiritualism mean to You? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does Spiritualism mean to You?

Post by sunmystic March 21st 2013, 3:25 pm

"What does spiritualism mean to me?" Guys, what spiritualism means to me is now is completely different than it was when I entered into this topic. It is now, "Aw man! And back to the drawing board!" I love you guys. And having things shook up and becoming different in a more positive way is way too much fun. sun/John
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom March 21st 2013, 5:56 pm

John,I will give you your due. You are willing to admit you are learning something new.
We all learn on different sites in different ways about spiritualism or any other topic.
We learn through others who have different ideas and can produce different outlooks on these subjects.

I have been on sites where arguments have turned into verbal wars. Nastiness and insults flying....and those members believed in a peaceful spirit world.

I give up! Shocked

Joan
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic March 21st 2013, 6:26 pm

I have been on the internet circuit day in and day out for almost 14 years now (back when message boards were just being invented), with a short break every once in a while. I have seen it all Smile literally everything that can happen to a message board. The good, the bad, and the ugly Smile . I was for years researching to write a book called, "The Psychosocial Dynamics of a Successful Message Board", but I came to the conclusion that because "people are people" that the chances of maintaining a successful message board over time are slim to none. They usually have their heyday and then fall a part. Sometimes if a special group of people come together, they can start it back up again, but normally this does not happen.

Joan, I gave up too! Personally it think that it is a great and a rare treat to meet some nice people like you guys on a quiet little message board like this one. John

Last edited by sunmystic on March 21st 2013, 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mia March 21st 2013, 6:27 pm

My definition of spiritualism is

I believe/know life and death go together, in a circle, one is born, one dies and is born again ..... maybe by choice, maybe until no need to be born again.

I believe/know we contact those who have passed over.

Most spiritualists feel the need to prove to others the above .... I do not.
mia
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 983
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1363
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas March 22nd 2013, 11:11 am

Well, he was older than you. But he clearly cared for you, in his own way. And it certainly was interesting, him showing himself as a bartender! That is interesting.
Aussiepom wrote:
bhagavandas wrote:He was probably aware that you actually were intersted in the subject. It's actually unusual for someone to be truly interested in these things. If I were to talk about this sort of thing at a family gathering, they would think I was nuts (which they think already!) It's an honor (in my opinion) that your uncle shared this sort of thing with you.
Aussiepom wrote:Uncle Wilf was a very intelligent man,the oldest brother of my mother. Always interested in the subject of mediumship which I never knew until I was older. He was a medium of sorts but never admitted it.The first I knew of it when he mentioned seeing his next door neighbour,an old lady,appearing in his bedroom shortly after death.
He mentioned he advised her 'to go to the light'. I didn't know what that meant at the time.

I always wondered why he was so interested in me and tell me about that 'other world'.
I had no inkling then that I would 'hear' spirit in the future.
Joan

Strangely,I was never very close to him as a child,Mike. I was rather in awe of him because he was quite a strict man in life.
He was a school teacher in civvy life and rather sarcastic at times.
But I always felt he took me under his wing when my first marriage failed. He was the one who took me fishing with him to get me out of the house.
A silent man completely different from my mother and brothers.
I had one dream of him after he died and even that was different to my other lucid dream. I 'met up' with my other relatives who had passed in a room,he showed himself as a barman in a pub. Very Happy
He liked a glass of beer.... What does Spiritualism mean to You? - Page 4 506683

Joan
bhagavandas
bhagavandas

Male
Number of posts : 104
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom March 22nd 2013, 12:42 pm

'Well, he was older than you. But he clearly cared for you, in his own way. And it certainly was interesting, him showing himself as a bartender! That is interesting.'

Hi Mike.

Something made me wonder there. As I said,I always saw him as a serious man. Never really showed a sense of humour.
But in this dream,what ever it was,he was laughing. He winked! Wonder if he was showing me that he could laugh when he wanted to....just a thought.... Very Happy

Joan
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas March 22nd 2013, 8:20 pm

We all put on facades sometimes. I'm not 'myself' around my brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews. I'm actually more open and more true to my friends (and to my wife and kids). Why? Because they are simply different than me, so I'm not myself around them.
Perhaps your uncle was differnet around your family than he was with other people. He might have had a reason for that. I'm only speculating of course.
I personally am impressed with your uncle. He sounds to me like he was an interesting, loving uncle, who probably had a fun side that he only showed to his buddies, or friends.
Aussiepom wrote:'Well, he was older than you. But he clearly cared for you, in his own way. And it certainly was interesting, him showing himself as a bartender! That is interesting.'

Hi Mike.

Something made me wonder there. As I said,I always saw him as a serious man. Never really showed a sense of humour.
But in this dream,what ever it was,he was laughing. He winked! Wonder if he was showing me that he could laugh when he wanted to....just a thought.... Very Happy

Joan
bhagavandas
bhagavandas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom March 23rd 2013, 6:54 am

Hi Mike! Very Happy

Yes,he was different to the rest of the family. My mother was quiet,also her other two brothers.
He was the only one who ever really talked to me and understood me. I was reasonably close to my mother but closer to my father.
I have never understood why I was chosen by him to relate all his experiences to.
I remember him having a rather large statue of Buddha on his small table...Used to fascinate me.
At that time in my life,I needed some one to talk to and he filled that lonely place in me.
Now I think about it,I don't think anyone else in the family knew he was mediumnistic.

Joan x

Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas March 23rd 2013, 10:15 am

You were given a gift when you were given him. Likewise, he was given a gift in you.
bhagavandas
bhagavandas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom March 23rd 2013, 12:21 pm

Never thought of that way,Mike...nice way of putting it.
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcrow April 16th 2013, 2:19 pm

Smile Spiritulism is part of me i was born the way i am.i didnt choose it it choose me.we are all spirit,we are all one doesnt matter what path we take we all come from the place we all go back home to spirit,some of us are more aware of our gifts than others,

Namaste
Blackcrow
Blackcrow

Number of posts : 41
Appreciation Points : 49
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann April 16th 2013, 3:58 pm

To me spiritualism has nothing to do with churches or religions etc.
It is when we discover our true selfs. Our divine self and truly get in touch with our inner selfs.
It is being in tune with our thoughts, feelings,little pulls and twitches our bodies talk to us with.
It is being in tune with nature and all that is around us.
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4