Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14 year search for husband's military records..........

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

14 year search for husband's military records.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: 14 year search for husband's military records..........

Post by Aussiepom April 8th 2013, 3:57 pm

Well,I haven't heard back from Jim. Will give it a little longer.

Me thinks something smells in the army..... Im Sorry

Joan xxx
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

14 year search for husband's military records.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: 14 year search for husband's military records..........

Post by ATouchofHeart April 8th 2013, 11:09 pm

Me too Joan.
I can hardly wait until everyone will have to tell the truth becuase we will all be able to read minds. 14 year search for husband's military records.......... - Page 2 506683
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Number of posts : 808
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom April 9th 2013, 7:32 am

The truth always comes out in some way,Deb. You mark my words. Keep the documents,and every now and again,jump right in!
It took awhile to get my Vet's penson,months in fact,mostly because I was in the UK and the pension came from OZ.

Do not give up.....think of how that pension is mounting up.... Thumb

Joan xx
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart April 9th 2013, 8:33 am

It would be nothing less than a miracle of I ever received it in this lifetime. Maybe that is why I am still around Wink

My long time girlfriend since the 70's has a daughter who works for the veterans but she did not offer or actually know how to acquire help. Can't blame her.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom April 9th 2013, 2:47 pm

Surely they must realise that you are curious. Anyone would be in a situation like that.
The whole buisness would set my teeth on edge. I do feel for you,sweetie......I sincerely hope that soon you are given the rights you should have.

have you ever come across anyone else in this situation?

Joan xxx
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart April 10th 2013, 2:25 am

Sorry......"set my teeth on edge" I've never heard that before.

Yes, I've come across others but everyone else had paperwork. I have none.

Just the headstone by the government. But then again those that gave me the headstone their higher ups removed that information that alowed me to get the headstone......paperwork that mentioned he was seen in Vietnam by a doctor. That is the only reason I got the headstone...now it is gone.

Thank you 14 year search for husband's military records.......... - Page 2 648385
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom April 10th 2013, 10:50 am

I understand Deb. The least they could have done was to have left the tombstone,I find that degrading and selfish.
Sad

'Set my teeth on edge'......English expression meaning irritation at someone else's words or cruel deed. Crying or Very sad

Joan x
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart April 11th 2013, 1:46 am

I have the tombstone (we call it a headstone) I never had it put on the
grave because my brother-in-law who died 12/2008 threatened that he
would rip it off. He did not believe Tom was in Vietnam. He thought he was the only one in the family who went. And I wasn't about to lose it from a jealous BIL. I have forgiven him and he
did come with Tom to see me at the JVP event June 2009; Tom's forgiven him also and they were standing both behind me. I remember James Van Praagh saying..."Those two look alike"

I think
that I was afraid of losing the headstone because a similar incident
happened when my son Tommy was killed. One of my other brother-in-law's younger
one (six kids in my husband's family; one sister) made a black cross about 3 foot tall and put it at the scene of the
crash where my son was run down. One of the community members here who's
daughter lived at the crash scene took Tommy's headstone down and tossed
it in the graveyard. He didn't' want it erected in front of her house. My BIL was furious; retrieved the cross and placed
it back at the crash scene. The next day the cross was stolen from the
scene again and was never found.

The town's local newspaper heard of it and first wrote "Cross Stolen at scene" then the next day the newspaper wrote....."Cross Stolen "again" at the scene".

One of the poems I wrote when my son died said this about the man who stole the cross.
I can't remember which poem it's in, I'll grab that paragraph.

"The site of impact
was carefully picked. To remind those of accusing words the blame they placed
on innocent ears. A cross my uncle made so caring, he placed at the scene
where I lay. Stolen in the night the cross of white, tossed at the entrance of
the cemetery. The cross was retrieved and placed again at the scene; and the
second time stolen by the same and never to be seen. Your guilty conscious will
retain, the pain you caused the families in pain. Four months had passed since
you stole the cross; my mom still wished you a fine Christmas".

That poem is over 2,600 words......oh yes, wordy aren't I. My poetry is more of a story.

Thank you for the meaning of 'Set my teeth on edge' that is what I thought it meant.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom April 11th 2013, 3:40 am

I am shocked and speechless,Deb. How can some be so cruel? You have been through something so horrendous I don't know how you stood the cruelity I would have lost my head and blown my top if someone had disrespected the memories of a member of my family like that. I have the most utter respect for you,my friend...... SmallFlower

Joan xxx
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart June 13th 2013, 9:45 pm

I'm sorry Joan; I did not see this reply. 

I have learned a lot since my son's passing.
Even though we are still human and have egos; we should not take within us (within our aura and energy) the anger and misunderstanding; spiritual immaturity of others onto our own being. 

We are not responsible for other peoples emotions, personality or judgment. How we react to others negativity brings us down to their energy. Not saying that they are bad; just that they do not understand the truth of life and the reason for our being...yet; and they may never in this lifetime. It sometime takes lifetimes to understand or connect to it all.

Everyone has a right to their own personality; they are where they are and need to be due to their knowing or wisdom of the world and its laws, or not knowing. 
We are all learning; life on earth is our school; we are to learn the good and bad of life. Without pain and grief how would we know the bliss of life?
We have many teachers in this life...from the smallest creature to the air we breath and the oceans that surround our world.

I've learned to try not to prejudge another. However I am a Virgo and we can be judgmental but then again I don't think I'm doing too bad.

How judgmental I would be if I hated Odie; who ran over and killed my son. I'm blessed to have been involved with selling Life Insurance/Investments in the 80's. Getting to know the connection Odie would have then when he was involved with the death of another 15 year old on a bike (accident) which I had to deliver a death benefit. And it was not premeditated when Odie he ran over my son 12 years later. My son just happened to be in the path of Odie when Odie drove into him. I remember hearing Odie in the hallway of court saying to his third lawyer; "I thought I hit a rock"

My awareness was awakened when I learned that it was possible to have your life preplanned in spirit and that it was Tommy's Angels and/or guides that took him seconds before he hit that windshield and broke his neck and before he was thrown up to the top of the telephone pole and did not feel the T of the pole brake his clavicle that pierced his aorta. He had a choice to return I was told and he chose not to return and be a vegetable. We still have free will in spirit.

That it may likely have been all planned out as lessons for each of us to learn from. Now I believe he is BACK, back to continue 12 years later the life that was cut short (in my granddaughter) I've seen it in meditation when I asked who was the spirit of my granddaughter and my son appeared in my vision. No one believes me (daughter's new family) when I tell them that I asked to see my granddaughter and what she would look like before she was born and before the 4D ultrasound. She looked exactly like my vision. More now than when born but I did recognize that spirit as the same face. 

I have no doubt in my mind that I have taught Odie something also. Compassion for one.

There has been a lifetime of loss from abandonment within my 58 years.
* Given up for adoption at 3 days old....without bonding with the birth mother.
* Losing adopted parents when I was 26 and 37.
* Losing a son to a hit and run drunk driver when he was 15
* Losing my birth mother six months later realizing we never really got to know each other in two short visits.
* Losing a husband 14 months after that.

I was told by a medium once that I choose this life to toughen me up for the future.
The longest connections I've had are my current cats ;)Unconditional love.

I've even had some tough jobs too. I'm a very hard worker; I work over and above my job description. Especially in the last 17 years. 
I've run a department pretty much solo just as an admin assistant. Taken some verbal abuse by a boss, framed and been suspended knowing I did nothing to evoke it. He just died last week and the funeral is tomorrow. I've been thinking about him and thanking him for the tough lessons he has shared with me in my life. He was my husband's cousin. 

I'm struggling currently with some issues also. (still human). That also include abandonment.

Sorry for rambling. I need to get busy and make a birthday present for my daughter's MIL. Celtic coasters I'm making her. Still deciding on which Celtic designs to machine embroider on them.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom June 14th 2013, 7:50 am

I know you feel.   As my mother used to say many moons ago...'These things in life are sent to 'try' us'.
'Try' meaning to suffer one mishap after another.  As you say,we accept the life we are given before birth.
The problem is our memories of a past life are erased before we start the new life.

We do not know what to expect in the coming life when we are born as new babies again.
I have a feeling my past life was lived in the Victorian age in England.    As a daughter born into a wealthy family.
I seem to remember the tall Xmas tree in the parlour as it was called in those days.    Dressed in Victorian clothes and many brothers and sisters.    

This life I was born into a working class family.   Not much money but we were a happy family.   I was an only child until my brother was born 12 years later.   One can see the differences between this life and the last life.
I often wonder what my next life will be.   Rich or poor or just in the middle.

You have suffered a lot in this life.    May your next life be happy and contentment all through.
I noticed the strange coincidences in your present life.   
I wonder why we say sometimes......I feel I have experienced this episode before.....Why am I familiar with this occurence of so and so!

I wish a really happy life,next time round.....
Hug

Joan xx
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart June 20th 2013, 8:48 am

Hi Joan, sorry I'm just seeing this. It's that old email address of mine, hundred emails a day. mostly embroidery.

You are right. I believe also that we agree to the life we are living prior to coming and it is erased from our minds prior to birth. Some remember it in pieces, some more some not.

Thank you for sharing your victorian life. I'm not sure exactly what my last life was. Last medium said I had many lives as a child dying. I was told I was in depression and a young child and died in gas chambers; ripped from my father's arms.

I noticed the strange coincidences in your present life.   what did you mean by this? To a past?

I need another trip to Donna in the desert to get a short reading. I have questions.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom June 21st 2013, 11:59 am

Good to 'see' you again......Very Happy

'a past'?    Probably talking about a past life and wondering what my next life will be.

How different it will be?    It is always said that connections to the last time we lived will show up in our present life.  

I haven't seen any so far.   Can't feel any connections from that life,whatever it was,in this life.

Joan Hugs
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 21st 2013, 12:39 pm

I think all of us have in some way had a connection.I feel it but it is not something
I can bring into awareness.With Laura Ann that dream I had was to real and I still today
remember it with the Nephilim.

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart June 22nd 2013, 2:45 am

Aussiepom wrote:Good to 'see' you again......Very Happy

'a past'?    Probably talking about a past life and wondering what my next life will be.

How different it will be?    It is always said that connections to the last time we lived will show up in our present life.  

I haven't seen any so far.   Can't feel any connections from that life,whatever it was,in this life.

Joan Hugs

I'm with you Joan. Not sure if I have felt any of my past ones in this life.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom June 22nd 2013, 12:09 pm

A first time 'return' for us?    A first 'past' life?    Now I'm wondering.....

Joan x
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart June 22nd 2013, 11:52 pm

I guess it's up to us to figure it all out.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcrow July 20th 2013, 7:30 pm

Group Hug I can understand your frustration my uncle was killed at the end of the second world war he was killed by a sniper bullet.he was married and had a baby son, my grandmother lost contact with my uncle because his mother moved and never kept in toutch.
 another uncle passed without making a will the money had to be shared between all his siblings and in my late uncles case his son,the lawyers hired private investigators to find him with no avail. last year my daughter decided to trace the family tree on my mothers side.she trawled through everything we had the year my uncle passed but nothing else.she phoned me up from university to say she had found my uncless regiment the year he passed and where he is buried,he is buried in burma the cemetry plot he is in is well kept he had a cross as a headstone with his name on it.she even printed the photo for me,she went on ancestry .com she did what the pi couldnt.to find my cousin she would have to get the militry background thats something she going to do soon.
but my grandmother always said he would be found and another saying she swore  by which i do to is What goes around comes around

Namaste
Blackcrow
Blackcrow

Number of posts : 41
Appreciation Points : 49
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 28th 2013, 6:49 pm

I'm sorry (((((Blackcrow))))) I didn't see this until now. 
Yes, it can be frustrating finding records and such. 
Glad your cousin was able to find some information and grave. 
Spirit leads us also I am sure. 

In a reading I had once the medium said "your husband says to never give up" 
but when you try and try and try and get no where you get frustrated all over again. 

I do know I've been asking wrong all these years. I always asked for his "records" well someone at work (security) said they won't cough up "records" because they don't want anyone knowing what they did. 
I need to just ask for a DD2 for benefits. 
I thought I'm lay low for a few years and let it pass. 
Every time I find something the "govt" removes it. 
They had "record" of my husband being seen by the Dr. in Viet Nam I got the headstone then someone there removed the document. 
Someday I'll try again. 

I mostly want to prove to his family that he was there. No one believed him.
But one is dead and now he believes. LOL 

Namaste you you also Blackcrow
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom July 29th 2013, 7:39 am

Never give up.!   Have a rest now and again then give another go.
I had a word with my son recently as he knows a little more about the forces.
He was in the British RAF.   

He said,on no account will the 'higher ups'  release any records of of military services.
They are private to the services alone.
Especially anyone serviceman who has fought with the Special Forces.

Did you receive any pension at all?     

Never give up,sweetie!

Joan xxx
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann July 29th 2013, 11:33 am

Sometimes we need to simply just give It up to a higher source and then sit back and trust they will make it happen when we have ran out of resources.

I know it is easier said then done.. yet at times is actually the solution to an issue.
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 30th 2013, 2:28 am

Aussiepom wrote:Never give up.!   Have a rest now and again then give another go.

He said,on no account will the 'higher ups'  release any records of of military services.

Never give up,sweetie!

Joan xxx

No Joan, the only thing I have is a headstone.
But the supervisor in Washington DC said if I tried today to get that headstone; I would not get it. 
Those Dr. papers as proof he was there are gone, vanished. (removed)
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 30th 2013, 2:29 am

laura ann wrote:Sometimes we need to simply just give It up to a higher source and then sit back and trust they will make it happen when we have ran out of resources.

I know it is easier said then done.. yet at times is  actually the solution to an issue.

You probably have something there Laura Ann. 
However; I have given up since 2002. He died 1999, got the headstone in 2002 and it's 2013. Wink
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom July 30th 2013, 8:12 am

ATouchofHeart wrote:
Aussiepom wrote:Never give up.!   Have a rest now and again then give another go.

Never give up,sweetie!

Joan xxx

No Joan, the only thing I have is a headstone.
But the supervisor in Washington DC said if I tried today to get that headstone; I would not get it. 
Those Dr. papers as proof he was there are gone, vanished. (removed)

I simply cannot believe that the powers to be can simply ignore requests for this kind of honour.
If more folks knew about these laws,just how many men would want to give their lives for their countries?
To be treated as a 2nd citizen is not on.

We have had an incident in the UK.   Soldiers out exercising in the heat we have here.
Two soldiers have died through it.
These soldiers were begging for water from the people passing by.
I can understand if they were in the middle of battle but to just be on exercises.....
Well,what can I say?????

Joan xxx
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 30th 2013, 8:44 am

Yes Joan it's distressful and utterly frustrating to say the least. 

Here is that sad story you mentioned. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2364160/Soldiers-death-yomp-Brecon-Beacons-begged-water.html

Not monitored very well by instructors it seems.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next