Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello all :)

+3
Spirit-Being
Wind-Dancer
tiger
7 posters

Go down

Hello all :) Empty Re: Hello all :)

Post by parrotlover100 May 2nd 2009, 1:38 pm

Welcome tiger to spiritual Journey hope you like it here I'm looking forward to your posts Very Happy
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being May 1st 2009, 9:38 pm

This is truly inspiring Sunny

tiger wrote:When I stopped thinking, let go of my attachments to all my ideas and beliefs, I had a significant shift in awareness.

This is something struggled with for a very long time. I got to a point in my life where i began looking into many of belief systems and found out that there were so many similarities and knew that there could not be only one Religion to be right over all the others, i came to an understanding that each one is just a stepping stone on the Spiritual Path.

tiger wrote:I had what I call a "born again" experience. I began to experience spirituality rather than philosophize about it. My new mantra became, "Don't think, just be and do."

Wonderful Mantra it is right to the point and i may use this daily, sometimes my mind gets in the way of my Spiritual Practices (Meditation, Prayer, Reading, Writing...) and my mind will say something like okay times up go do something Fun! and when i realize that i enjoy doing the Spiritual Practices and they are Fun! But you know the mind can be tough to deal with sometimes lol

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger May 1st 2009, 5:55 pm

Again, thanks for more warm welcomes Smile

I have been asked to tell a little more about myself here. So here goes...

I became a Christian in college and was basically a Fundamentalist. I stayed that way until going off to graduate school where I had the opportunity to expand my world-view.

I then went to seminary and I suppose one could describe me as a "moderate" Christian. After graduation, I served a few churches in education/youth positions and as I journeyed I became more and more "liberal" in my theology.

Eventually I accepted a call to a "liberal" Christian church as Pastor. I continued to explore various religious teachings and I became convinced that Taoism and Zen were both compatible with my understanding of Christianity. Unfortunately, my church did not feel the same way. But it is good.

In the past few years I have learned a tremendous amount about what it means to be human on this planet. I have basically come to the view that what one believes about theology is not really important. For years I tried to "think" my way to enlightenment and found little but frustration.

When I stopped thinking, let go of my attachments to all my ideas and beliefs, I had a significant shift in awareness. I had what I call a "born again" experience. I began to experience spirituality rather than philosophize about it. My new mantra became, "Don't think, just be and do."

Things began flowing. Incredible experiences and teachings. So I began blogging about this in an effort to share what brought me so much joy and peace.

Because of my background I often refer to "God." In my understanding, however, this term can represent virtually anything. My understanding is that God is beyond our understanding...beyond words. I like the first line of the Tao Te Ching: "The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao; the Name that can be named is not the eternal Name." If you read my posts and see "God," feel free to supply your own interpretation, Universe, Ascended Masters, Energy, Earth Mother...whatever metaphor works for you. I will often refer to God as "She" because the mother metaphor is most comfortable for me.

Grace and Peace to all Smile
tiger
tiger

Male
Number of posts : 8
Tell us about yourself : I'm learning
Appreciation Points : 18
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by HypnoDude May 1st 2009, 2:53 pm

Many warm Welcomes to you Tiger, and also to all The Powers that Be, who guided you here to share in this Journey.
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 136
Appreciation Points : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer April 30th 2009, 12:21 pm

Hello all :) Welcom13
Welcome to Spirits Journey Forums!
Dreamer
Dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 117
Appreciation Points : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger April 30th 2009, 11:56 am

Thank you all for the warm welcomes Smile I look forward to perusing the board when I get a chance...off to commune with nature now Very Happy
tiger
tiger

Male
Appreciation Points : 18
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda April 30th 2009, 11:47 am

Grrrr Welcome! (-: Linda
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being April 30th 2009, 11:22 am

Hello Tiger & Welcome

Glad to see you here Very Happy hope you find some inspiration. we are all learning and i am looking forward to learning and sharing with you and getting to know you around the forums.

Thought this would be interesting

The Tiger, the living symbol of strength and power, generally inspires fear and respect.

http://www.holymtn.com/astrology/tiger.htm

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer April 30th 2009, 9:40 am

hello tiger welcome to our community. Im looking forward to reading your posts. Together we can learn.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Hello all :) Empty Hello all :)

Post by tiger April 30th 2009, 4:38 am

Hello Smile
Just introducing myself and look forward to sharing Very Happy
tiger
tiger

Male