Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Eagles and God

5 posters

Go down

Of Eagles and God Empty Of Eagles and God

Post by tiger April 30th 2009, 2:22 pm

I take meditation walks daily...sometimes listening to soft music and/or nature sounds on my zen stone or not. Today I was and I was just looking around and drinking in the nature. I looked down at the road for a few moments and prayed, expressing my gratitude for the beauty and asking for help to hear and be more aware. When I concluded my prayer, I looked up and a beautiful eagle was circling overhead. I stood transfixed by his majesty. I watched him until he flew off and then resumed my walk.

Some 10 minutes later I looked down at the road again, again praying and thanking God and asking to be more aware of my ego when it crops up. I looked up, and there is the eagle again! Needless to say I was amazed and breathless. He circled once and flew off. I resumed my walk...but was barely aware of anything at this point other than a haze of bliss around me.

After a few more minutes I had emerged from the haze and prayed again, this time just thanking God. I expressed that I was overwhelmed by the majesty and grace and Presence. I finished my prayer, turned a corner and was suddenly drawn to a robin, sitting on the ground. It was not eating, just sitting there. I wondered at first if it was sick or hurt, but I took a step toward it and it took off. At that moment I was distracted by a large shadow that passed by my feet. I looked up and the eagle was back...only this time it was just above the tree height (about the height of a 3 story building) and he circled 3 times directly above me. Needless to say, I finished my walk in tears.

Then I came home and looked up the Eagle totem. This is from http://www.sayahda.com/cyc2.html:

The eagle is a sacred messenger, carrying our prayers to the Creator and returning with gifts and visions for the people. If Eagle has blessed you with its presence in some way, you are being given potent gifts of clarity and vision to use for the good of all people helping to bring forth the light out of the darkness. Eagle also serves as a reminder to those with this totem to communicate with Great Spirit daily so the gifts Eagle offers you can be utilized fully.

I edited some info out of the quote for brevity.

Not a bad walk, huh?
tiger
tiger

Male
Number of posts : 8
Tell us about yourself : I'm learning
Appreciation Points : 18
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Of Eagles and God Empty Re: Of Eagles and God

Post by Linda April 30th 2009, 6:25 pm

Wow, that was Beautiful! Nothing compares to being outdoors and seeing and hearing all the wonders. Linda flower
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by HypnoDude May 1st 2009, 2:58 pm

OOOO Eagles..... a BIG favorite of mine, and very dear to my heart as I am blessed to have the Great Eagle as my Totem!

Thank you so much for sharing your story, its awesome!!
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 136
Appreciation Points : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being May 14th 2009, 9:09 pm

That moment of awareness, that special feeling, those moments of awe and beauty, are moments of great understanding & wisdom. I have had a few of these as well and they are moments that i shall never forget, they have become a stepping stone to further awareness. {Cosmic Awareness}

There was a time of sadness and sorrow, my mothers boyfriend had passed, we all cried, as i mourned i knew he was still with us, i felt his presence that first night i was standing in the front yard, i felt an energy and i have never felt, i felt so connected {i am feeling electricity running through my body at this very moment} during this experience i had an awareness that was far more than i have ever experienced, the leaves of the trees glistened like tiny crystals, i could feel the wind flow through my bare skin, entering and leaving my body. I felt as if i was surrounded in Energy that was so Pure and so Divine in everything,

every blade of grass
every tree
every star in the sky
The moon......

This was an experience i shall never forget, as yours above tiger.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 May 17th 2009, 8:49 pm

tiger that was beautiful thank you for sharing your experience . Very Happy
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16