Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Mothers Prayer

2 posters

Go down

My Mothers Prayer Empty My Mothers Prayer

Post by Spirit-Being July 17th 2009, 5:30 pm

I was on the web and the thought came to me to read someones near death experience, this is what i was drawn to out of the many NDE's on this site http://www.near-death.com/forum.html it really touched me how powerful prayer can be. Hope you all find Inspiration in it.

I am currently 52 years old. When I was 12, I became very ill and weak on a Tuesday evening and actually passed out. The next morning my Mom took me to the doctor and he said he didn't know what was wrong with me but to keep me home from school and watch me. By Friday I was as white as a sheet so Mom took me back to the doctor. He said my blood pressure was way down but didn't know why. He advised to take me to the hospital the next morning. Why he didn't send me right away is unknown.

The next morning my Dad had to carry me out to the car and Mom made a very fast trip to Children's hospital.

(This is the part I can only recount from what was told to me as I was unconscious.)

When I got to the hospital the emergency room called STAT for my care. My blood pressure was at a very dangerous level. It was determined that I was bleeding internally from unknown causes. Transfusions were begun. The ER doctor told my Mom that if I made it to midnight I might have a chance of survival. Mom immediately went to the chapel to pray.

(You have to understand something before I go on. I was, at the time, a very depressed child due to abuse from my grandparents. My own parents were unaware of the abuse I was enduring. I really didn't want to live.)

As I was laying in the hospital bed, unconscious, I felt the presence of someone in my room. I opened my eyes and standing at the end of my bed was the most beautiful person I've ever seen. He reached out His hand toward me and smiled and said, "Do you want to come with me now or do you want to stay?"

This frightened me and I screamed.

The nurse came running into the hospital room and I was crying saying get him out, get him out, I want to stay. The nurse said there isn't anyone in the room. When I looked again at the foot of my bed He was gone.

The doctor was called in right away and my blood pressure was climbing very steadily. He was perplexed and confused. Mom was called into the room and he said he didn't understand. I should be dead as I had lost over 2/3rds of my blood. Mom just smiled and said I know what happened. I was in the chapel praying and God just told me a few minutes ago that my child was going to be fine.

They never did figure out what happened to cause the bleeding or what happened to stop it but I know. Forty years later I still cry when I remember how God saved me for a purpose. Took me a long time to realize it but He not only saved me 40 years ago, He save me over 2000 years ago.

Well thanks for listening.

W. Knorr

Prayer can Heal Praying

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

My Mothers Prayer Empty Re: My Mothers Prayer

Post by Linda July 17th 2009, 7:50 pm

Inspirational indeed! That was a nice story that you posted Spirit-Being.
I too believe in the power of prayer.
Might I share another little story of mine (-:
One day my husband was having trouble breathing, and I took him to emergency. The Dr. gave him steroids to help the swelling in his throat, but if that didn't work, they had next to his bed a table full of instruments to perform an emergency tracea. I started praying for my husband, then I saw a flash of sparkles that started from his feet and arched over his body, then slowly faded away. At that moment, I Knew that my prayers were answered, and he recovered just fine.
Linda :sf:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 18th 2009, 12:49 pm

What a wonderful story Linda, your prayer was so sincere that God sent healing energy for your husband truly inspiring :lovesigh:

Thanks for sharing

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down