Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banalinga

5 posters

Go down

Banalinga Empty Banalinga

Post by Spirit-Being July 27th 2009, 4:00 pm

Found this very interesting on my search for knowledge on the web.

Banalinga, a stone found in nature, in the bed of the Narmada river in Madhya Pradesh state, India, is an aniconic symbol of worship, based on either the scriptures or cultural traditions among the Hindus, particularly of the Shaivaites and Smartha Brahmins. Stones are ancient and connote divinity. It is a smooth cylindrical stone.

Banalinga is also called the Svayambhu Linga: (Sanskrit) "Self-existent mark or sign of God", as it is discovered in nature and not carved or crafted by human hands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banalinga

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Banalinga Empty Re: Banalinga

Post by Wind-Dancer July 27th 2009, 9:31 pm

ill have to be more observant . Maybe i can find one someday.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 July 28th 2009, 4:41 am

This is very nice looking river rock. I like unusual natural objects and collect them. I hope to visit India one day and possibly acquire one of these rocks. Thank you for sharing.
Banalinga VO_102784grau
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 28th 2009, 11:48 am

Love the picture of the smooth river rock, inspires me Wink to see where i might find some of these natural rocks around my area.

Thanks Luda

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 July 28th 2009, 2:33 pm

yes i also find rocks fascinating some are really rare and beautiful.I found a rock when i was 5 years old in my yard after my father dug up the ground for a garden.I still have this rock today I'm 56 years old. i took this rock with me every where we moved too.to describe it would be yellow gold in color which has of course faded through the years,and it had mica in it which made it very shiny in the sun light. Very Happy Cool
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda July 31st 2009, 8:59 pm

Wow!, I have always felt a connection with you all, you will never guess what lines my driveway at home, ROCKS! I have gathered them from different places that I have traveled, they're all different shapes, textures and colors. I always ask my friends when they go on vacation, to bring me a pebble back, I add them to my birdbath, so the birds will have something beautiful to stand on when they are drinking water. One friend had each rock in a bag, marked with where he got it, he brought me one from the Eiffel Tower, Princess Di's yard, and the most precious on was the one he marked "Orchid Island" I asked him where is Orchid Island? he said it was actually from his front yard, he lives on Orchid Lane. I thought that was sweet.
So ROCK ON Friends, All My Love, Linda (-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 1st 2009, 12:28 pm

Linda wrote:Wow!, I have always felt a connection with you all, you will never guess what lines my driveway at home, ROCKS! I have gathered them from different places that I have traveled, they're all different shapes, textures and colors. I always ask my friends when they go on vacation, to bring me a pebble back, I add them to my birdbath, so the birds will have something beautiful to stand on when they are drinking water. One friend had each rock in a bag, marked with where he got it, he brought me one from the Eiffel Tower, Princess Di's yard, and the most precious on was the one he marked "Orchid Island" I asked him where is Orchid Island? he said it was actually from his front yard, he lives on Orchid Lane. I thought that was sweet.
So ROCK ON Friends, All My Love, Linda (-:

I feel the same way Linda Group Hug You all inspire me so much.

I think it's great that you collect rocks from many different places, rocks don't get the credit they deserve. Rocks have energy that can be felt when placing it in our hand or when we open our perception to this Energy. Rocks are alive some just have not learned this SECRET Wink

Have you ever heard of the ringing rocks?

Banalinga Ringing_rocks
Some of the boulders in Ringing Rocks.

http://www.davidhanauer.com/buckscounty/ringingrocks/

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda August 1st 2009, 1:54 pm

I had seen it on discovery channel once, but had forgotten all about them, thanks for the reminder, I enjoyed the link to the website you supplied, mesmorizing! Thank you Spirit-Being (-: Linda
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum