Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chattering Mind

+10
Sugars
Sparrowhawk
SPIRITUALMUSCLE
Trance
Essence Ka tha'ras
Wind-Dancer
parrotlover100
23luda23
d-knots
Spirit-Being
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chattering Mind Empty Chattering Mind

Post by Spirit-Being July 28th 2009, 3:36 pm

The mind is very active throughout the day, filled with chatter, daydreams, and numerous thoughts. To change this, the mind needs to be trained to focus on one thing, and this requires lots of daily practice.

How do you quiet the chattering the mind?

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Chattering Mind Empty Re: Chattering Mind

Post by d-knots July 28th 2009, 6:32 pm

sleep

or

nap

same thing...LOL
:nightynight:
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 July 30th 2009, 2:28 am

Is it possible? I can only do it for few minutes or so by staring at something without thinking about it. Shocked
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 July 30th 2009, 12:22 pm

my way to stop a chatting mind is to totally count to 10 slowly,and go make myself an herbal tea,and just sip and breathe in the aroma of the tea.Breathing slowly with your eyes closed(don't spill the hot tea on yourself) lol . this should help tremendously.good luck. Very Happy Tired
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 30th 2009, 2:31 pm

d-knots wrote:sleep

or

nap

same thing...LOL

This really does work wonders for the chattering mind Thumb

luda wrote:
Is it possible? I can only do it for few minutes or so by staring at something without thinking about it.

I do believe it is possible but in my humble opinion i feel it would take a lot of self discipline on our part.

Meditation, Prayer, Affirmations, Concentration, Inner Work, and Awareness they could be part of the answer or maybe the answer?. How could we possibly stop a chattering mind if we do not know how or why it works? Self Discovery and Observation can also help understand why this happens.

But it is only through our own experience and knowledge that we could find the answers to these questions. It is an internal process that each one of us may be trying to understand.

parrotlover wrote:my way to stop a chatting mind is to totally count to 10 slowly,and go make myself an herbal tea,and just sip and breathe in the aroma of the tea.Breathing slowly with your eyes closed(don't spill the hot tea on yourself) lol . this should help tremendously.good luck.

This is a great idea parrotlover, i do drink tea for relaxation mostly it is black tea but i shall try some herbal tea.

For me the best way i know how to limit or stop this chattering mind from negative thoughts is to practice Concentration / Awareness in daily life and put my thoughts on things like God, Nature, Angels, Spiritual Practices of all kinds, etc... I try to stay away from useless and negative conversation as well, as i am afraid of it poisoning my mind further. I do not have all the answers to this subject but your answers were wonderful and have helped greatly.

I remember watching Joel Osteen and he mentioned we should not hang around and allow others negativity to poison our minds. This made a lot of sense to me, and is something i try to avoid in daily life.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 30th 2009, 6:08 pm

Therefore, “serene,” in this context, is the serenity of non-thinking and “reflection” means
intense and clear consciousness.
Serene reflection is clear consciousness in the tranquility of non-thinking. When perfect
serenity reigns, one achieves true, profound enlightenment.

Maturity begins when we accept the reality that the human mind
is conditioned.
It is possible to achieve the liberation of the mind if we discover the intelligence it possesses.
We need an integral mind instead of a dispersed mind.

The technique of meditation permits us to arrive at the heights of illumination and the
Revolution of the Dialectic.
We should distinguish between a mind that is still and a mind that is stilled by force.
When the mind is stilled by force, it is really not still. It is gagged by violence and in the
deeper levels of understanding, there is an entire tempest.
When the mind is silenced violently, it is really not in silence and deep within, it clamors,
shouts and despairs.
It is necessary to put an end to modifications of the thinking principle during meditation.
When the thinking principle remains under our control, illumination comes to us
spontaneously.

Mental control permits us to destroy the shackles created by the mind. To achieve the stillness
and silence of the mind, it is necessary to know how to live from instant to instant, to know
how to take advantage of each moment, to not live the moment in doses.
Take everything from each moment, because each moment is a child of Gnosis, each moment
is absolute, alive and significant.

~Samael Aun Weor~

The Revolution Of The Dialectic

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 30th 2009, 6:18 pm

I must say as i read Samael's Book i am inspired to share these insights with you in hopes you may also gain some inspiration and understanding.

When we practice meditation, our mind is assaulted by many memories, desires, passions,
preoccupations, etc.
We should avoid the conflict between attention and abstraction. A conflict exists between
distraction and attention when we combat those assailants of the mind. The ‘I’ is the projector
of said mental assailants. Where there is conflict, stillness and silence do not exist.
We should nullify the projector through self-observation and comprehension. Examine each
image, each memory, each thought that comes to the mind. Remember that every thought has
two poles: positive and negative.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer July 30th 2009, 6:24 pm

Imagine for a moment that you are standing by a very still and clear pond. This pond so still and clear that you can see the reflection of the surrounding hills and trees. As you look at the reflection you are stunned by the high level of clarity. This begins to captivate you, so you concentrate on the sharpness of the details. As time goes on you find you have become so mesmerized by the sharpness of details in the reflection that you barely recognize that you are beginning to relax and your mind is calm.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 31st 2009, 1:34 pm

Absolutely Beautiful Wind-Dancer Very Happy

This would be a great way to calm the mind and find that inner peace we all seek, i would like to try this sometime this week, thanks for sharing this.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Essence Ka tha'ras October 16th 2009, 12:32 pm

Greetings All,

A quick and simple technique that that I have personally found to work wonders; can be used anywhere, any time of day and takes only seconds, is breathing and watching your breath.

Taking two or three deep breaths and following it through the inhalation and exhalation process works wonders in calming the minds chatter.
Essence Ka tha'ras
Essence Ka tha'ras

Female
Number of posts : 20
Hobbies : Gardening, Reading, Writing and so much it would be too time consuming to post.
Tell us about yourself : I AM a writer, a poet, a wife, a homeschool mom, a friend, a Spiritual Growth Guide and Teacher, a Numerologist, a Tarot Card Reader and an Energy Reader, and a Spiritual Student. I am an Aromatherapist, I work with Colour and Sound, and Energy in All its Forms. I am an Awakened and Enlightened Star Being, a Lightworker specializing in Energy work. I AM this and much more...
Appreciation Points : 22
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trance November 8th 2009, 6:01 pm

I also use this method, Essence. It has worked on many occasions, in particular I employed it when ever I felt the beginning of a panic attack and sure enough, by the end of slowly exhaling the third breath, I would regain control of myself. I think breathing is the key to many states of being, I use it for meditation, pain relief and trance. I was amazed such a simple technique, could do so much. Meditate Love and peace T*
Trance

Number of posts : 8
Appreciation Points : 10
Registration date : 2009-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots November 9th 2009, 6:51 am

speaking of the negativity

I find that I have to control it so I demand it's demand on me to "STOP"...LOL

Breathing and watching the self breath is awesome like yoga....correct
so it's exercise and that is always good....I believe

Aromas like oxygen, .....LOL, are good

I found, when babysitting, babies are calmed by oxygen - simply by being outside.

though, back to aromas, I use scented candles (Vanilla, my fav) or scented oils (bannana, sweet grass) to calm me

recently, I mix egyptian musk with sandlewood scents - together they make a mellow scent (near Vanilla)..... Remember the oils need to be a correct consistancy and fresh because one container may be different from the previous container for example I had a more scented one before than my most recent one where is was more oily smelling than the perfume.

My advice is to stay with one vendor for awhile see if they work with you like returns - they may use your help to better their business and you get the scent strength that you need...

Afterall, we are HUMANITY, and need to support and help each other, if only, in kindness....

Good Day, Good Folk, amen. Dog
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by SPIRITUALMUSCLE December 6th 2009, 9:37 am

Great ideas all~

the image of the water and clarity in its reflection rang true to me. As I was reading it, it was easy to "see" what was being said. I will try this "tool" later and report.

Also, I will see what if any relaxation techniques I employ, the slow breathing works. Ive been teaching that to my 4 year old and it works in slowing down his mind. (as well as his legs-lol)
SPIRITUALMUSCLE
SPIRITUALMUSCLE

Number of posts : 43
Appreciation Points : 56
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots December 6th 2009, 10:01 am

speaking of water
there is a china buffet out in North Carolina
where I visit often....LOL
and they have a Koi pond inside the restaurant
and there are probably over one hundred of these Koi fish
all sizes
and we get to feed them a bit for 25 cents...LOL
but it reminded me to say it can be so amazingly awesome
that it relaxes you...
the Koi fish mouths can be big the bigger they get
they are the shape of the letter O...LOL
but watching them get their food is calming
it's like having a pet for that moment in time...LOL
Surf
it like the ol' tradition of substitution or focusing on something
slower that can help in calming anxiety....LOL
or teaching to transition to another tempo throughout the day...
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrowhawk July 5th 2010, 1:48 pm

Spirit-Being wrote:The mind is very active throughout the day, filled with chatter, daydreams, and numerous thoughts. To change this, the mind needs to be trained to focus on one thing, and this requires lots of daily practice.

How do you quiet the chattering the mind?

Many Blessings

I can't remember!

Pause to bring in something from the deep inner peace...........

I did not quiet it!

Quiet found me!

All I did was want it to be still.........

and sit still twice a day, at sunrise and sunset..........

just a few minutes at first.......

It grew and washed away the false chatter..........

So long ago and yet just a moment ago!

Do not "Try" to still the mind..........

Just let Stillness find a receptive mind-heart!

It will find you if you will give it the time of day............ Meditate
Sparrowhawk
Sparrowhawk

Male
Number of posts : 111
Hobbies : Star gazing, nature hikes, finding secret spots
Tell us about yourself : I am...............what else is there?
Appreciation Points : 167
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrowhawk July 5th 2010, 2:18 pm

Another memory of days gone by........

As I deeply felt painful memories from the chattering mind........

I began to choose to forgive and let them go........

I had to work with that for a time.......

Yet when I began to "Act" instead of just think forgiveness......

The chattering mind had no more to say! lol~

Work with this........

Work with the Heart at the same time you work with the mind........

Sol(Mind/wisdom) + Luna(heart/emotion)= Freedom/Illumination
Sparrowhawk
Sparrowhawk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 5th 2010, 5:02 pm

Sparrowhawk your words are very Inspiring, the more i read here, the more Inspired i get, as i said in another post i kind of lost my way, "tunnel vision", but i feel it will one day come to an end, its a slow process for sure, but as long as i put the work into changing and have the desire to seek calmness, it will happen.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrowhawk July 5th 2010, 8:23 pm

Spirit-Being.......

London Bridges falling down, we all fall down!

The trick is to continue to get back up just as quickly as we can.

That is the meaning of Jesus "falling three times"!

He got back up!

Purity in heart as well as wisdom in mind are both cultivated through the trials we face.............hard, yes.......painful to be sure. Get up anyway! Know that Freedom is but a link in the chain of life. Keep moving until you reach the strongest link which is forged in fire!

You will find your way........

This is your Life to find your way Free.

It will touch you before you know it!!!

Look every where for a sign. Outside and Inside, you will see some puzzling things before Freedom comes. The puzzling things will drive you to stretch your mind even further.

A certain amount of "Reasoning" capacity must be developed in order to break free of illusion. YOU already have that capacity developed, all that is left is persistence!! Choose to continue to the very end and no matter which way you go, it will work to bring you to the Truth-Love which has never left you; though you thought it had.

God Bless You!
Sparrowhawk
Sparrowhawk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugars September 6th 2010, 4:52 pm

Hi..
mind is power.
just a relaxation is needed when facing mind chatter, no in-betweens.
Detach is detox when dealing with the mind.
To find the equilibrium of matters at hand with your personal influences and identity and never mind mind chatter.
Focus on a good word and rest.
Focus on a good word and rest.
To find equilibrium thus is to excuse things simplistic.
Find the encouragement in this and this will be your post on your way to mind comfort.
Encouragement is unconditional love, the pickly medicine for the brain, no force play however. No where to look? seek to seem yourself likeable more so significants can like better..
Sugars
Sugars

Male
Number of posts : 9
Appreciation Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrowhawk November 28th 2010, 9:01 am

[i][b]Write a journal of the "chattering mind thoughts" ......

We forget quickly from moment to moment, this is the chattering minds hold.

Light of Conscious Awareness(looking at/paying attention/reflection) is its immortal enemy. The chattering mind can not co-exist with the Truth in this Light. This is the Light which dispels the dark.

The chattering mind once had a purpose when we lived in caves. Its purpose was simple: Survival. In order to survive it had to adapt to the dangers around it. How? Rehearsing every fear!

So today why is t here?

A: It got stuck in a habit pattern.

Create a new habit of mindfulness and the old pattern will slowly break up and be replaced. DO NOT GIVE UP UNTIL IT IS DONE.

Will you forget?

A: Yes, you will forget and stumble, it is easy to forget.

That matters not! Get up and begin all over again.
It matters not if you fall one thousand times, but if you only get up 999 times that is one time too little!
Sparrowhawk
Sparrowhawk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 23rd 2011, 3:11 pm

Essence Ka tha'ras wrote:A quick and simple technique that that I have personally found to work wonders; can be used anywhere, any time of day and takes only seconds, is breathing and watching your breath.

Taking two or three deep breaths and following it through the inhalation and exhalation process works wonders in calming the minds chatter.

This Technique Helped a Great Deal Essence Ka tha'ras, my mind was rolling like a Tornado, i closed my eyes and took 3 Breaths inhaling in my nose exhaling out my mouth, i am not quite sure exactly what my mind was thinking about, but i realized what ever it was, was hurting me, alot if not all was very Negative, i felt alot of Fear & Low Self Esteem about myself, but after Breathing i feel much more Positive & More Confident that I am a Child of God as i feel we all are.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrowhawk July 23rd 2011, 10:22 pm

Fear is cast off little by little by facing the fear~

Sometimes huge amounts are recast into great Courage when......the inner shrine is reached!

Yet it is no courage at all......just Fearless because it knows no death!

IT wears you like a cloak~

No words can describe just this........

Never Quite, though it may take a year or a lifetime to find what you hid under a rock. IT IS always there waiting for you to find IT~
Sparrowhawk
Sparrowhawk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots July 23rd 2011, 10:47 pm

Good Luck
with that Spirit.
Meditate
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots November 21st 2011, 6:36 pm

Revisting the chattering mind
mine has been doing some of that
and it's annoying but I try to make
sense of it.... wanting to organize
my thoughts for a reason otherwise
I want it to STOP...LOL : )

I just need the strength to listen to it
to come to terms of why I'm chattering
usually it's in the morning but it can get
me anytime.

GOOD Thread
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic November 25th 2011, 9:46 pm

A quiet mind is called "nirodha" (cessation of thought) if one is a yogi. I meditated 28 years, thousands of hours before I achieved nirodha. I did it by merging my mind to God's mind and then I quietly listened very intently. It is amazing how quiet God's thoughts are and there are no words or pictures that can describe His thoughts and the only emotion that you feel is quiet love. What is funny about listening to God's thoughts is that you start to learn things, all kinds of things. Most of what you learn you can not explain to others because there are no words or pictures capable of explaining it. It is like you just get bigger and more settled.
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down