Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tale of Two Trees

5 posters

Go down

The Tale of Two Trees Empty The Tale of Two Trees

Post by 23luda23 August 9th 2009, 6:51 pm

I found this interesting article that i wanted to share it with all of you. What do you think?

The Tale of Two Trees by Rabbi David Fohrman

Until now, we've concentrated on the mysterious "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil." But there was more than one special tree in the garden. For God also created a second, mysterious tree in Paradise -- the Tree of Life:

God made grow out of the ground every tree pleasant to look at and good to eat, [including] the Tree of Life in the middle of the garden, and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (Genesis, 2:9).

Throughout the Eden story, the Tree of Life remains tantalizingly in the background. It is created, but then virtually disappears from the discussion. What role does this second tree play in the story, and how are we to understand its meaning?

Although the Tree of Life may be out of sight, it is not out of mind. Towards the end of the story, after Adam and Eve have eaten the forbidden fruit, we once again hear of the mysterious Tree of Life:

God said, 'Man has now become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now he must be prevented from putting forth his hand and also taking from the Tree of Life, He [can] eat it and live forever!' (3:22).

We have here God's reason for exiling Adam and Eve from Eden. They are sent away to ensure that they will never eat from the Tree of Life. But there's something quite odd about this. For in reading the story, we never find that Adam was told to stay away from the Tree of Life in the first place. If God thought it was such an awful idea for mankind to eat from the Tree of Life, why did He not command them to avoid it, as He did concerning the other special tree, the Tree of Knowledge?

Just to make matters a little worse, let's remember exactly where the Tree of Life was located:

...the Tree of Life in the middle of the garden, and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (Genesis, 2:9).

Let's add it all up. The Tree of Life was in the center of the garden, and Adam and Eve were never told to avoid its fruit. Indeed, it is unclear whether they even knew that it was a special tree. Well, what is likely to eventually happen?

Clearly, it's only a matter of time before someone eats from its fruit.

Why is the Tree of Life fine to eat from before partaking from the Tree of Knowledge, but not after?So the plot thickens. Evidently, God didn't mind Adam and Eve eating from the Tree of Life. He apparently even desired that they eventually eat from it. But all that was before eating from the Tree of Knowledge. After eating from the Tree of Knowledge, somehow, everything changes: Now, the Tree of Life becomes off-limits. Every effort must be taken to ensure that mankind never eats from it.

Why? What accounts for this curious relationship between the trees? Why is the Tree of Life fine to eat from before partaking from the Tree of Knowledge, but not after?

That's one point we'll want to get back to. But we're not done yet exploring the mysterious relationship between these two trees. Indeed, we are just beginning.

THE CHERUBS WITH THE FLAMING SWORD

Consider this for a moment:

The angels holding a flaming sword who God sets up to "guard the way [back to] the Tree of Life" (Genesis, 3:24) are of a very particular kind. They are cherubs. (For those of you who enjoy Renaissance art, that's the kind of angel that Rubens always used to like to paint -- although I don't know why he thought he knew what they looked like). Now, as it happens, a Cherub is a relatively rare kind of angel. Throughout the entire Five Books of Moses, we find them in only two places. Besides their appearance here, guarding the Tree of Life, they are mentioned only once more. Paced atop the Holy Ark in the Tabernacle, are two cherubs, fashioned out of gold:

Make two golden cherubs, hammering them out from the two ends [of the ark]... The cherubs shall spread their wings upward so that their wings shield the [ark's] cover... (Exodus 25:18; 25:20).

Now go one step further. What treasure was this second pair of cherubs guarding -- these only other cherubs in the entire Five Books of Moses?

They were guarding the Ten Commandments that were inside the ark. They were guarding the Torah.

For those of you who make it to synagogue on the Sabbath, you should be familiar with the words I am thinking of right now. You say them every week, as the Torah is raised aloft from the bimah so that all can see:

It is a tree of life to all who grab hold of it... (Proverbs 3:18).

Fascinating. The only other time we meet cherubs in the entire Torah, they are once again guarding a "Tree of Life". Only this time, they are not keeping us away from the Tree of Life; they are ushering us towards it, shielding both us and the Torah beneath their protective wings.

What are we to make of this? Why are the cherubs who keep us away from the original Tree of Life trying to give us access to a second such tree? What does it even mean to call the Torah "a Tree of Life"? Is there an essential similarity between the two?

The skeptic inside you might dismiss this all as coincidence. Cherubs here, cherubs there, cherubs everywhere. But the lines that seem to connect the Torah and the Tree of Life go farther and deeper...

DO THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE AND THE TREE OF LIFE CONTRADICT EACH OTHER?

Try this question on for size: What were Adam and Eve like before eating from either tree, the Tree of Knowledge of the Tree of Life? Were they mortal, or immortal?

Let's see what each tree has to say about this. We'll start with the Tree of Knowledge.

We know that Adam was warned not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge, because "on the day that you eat from it, you will surely die" (Genesis, 2:17). As the classic commentator Nachmanides suggests, the verse can't mean that the fruit immediately kills you, for in fact, Adam and Eve went on to live for a long time after eating the forbidden fruit. Rather, the verse seems to mean "on the day that you eat from the fruit you will become mortal". I.e. you will immediately become transformed into beings that eventually die. This, apparently, is the meaning of God's warning.

So the Tree of Knowledge seems to answer the question we posed earlier. It proves that Adam and Eve were originally immortal. Right?

Wrong. Because now it's time to look at what the Tree of Life has to say about the question.

The Torah tells us that God banished Adam and Eve from Eden "lest they eat from the Tree of Life and live forever." Well, the verse seems pretty clear about it: The fruit of the Tree of Life confers immortality -- once you eat it, you will never die. So if the Tree of Life makes you immortal -- well, that seems to mean you were mortal beforehand.

But wait a minute. I thought we said just a minute ago that Adam and Eve started out being immortal.

Something fishy is going on with these trees. The Tree of Knowledge seems to tell us that man would originally have lived forever. But the Tree of Life seems to tell us that he was originally a being that would die. At face value, the two trees seem to contradict themselves.

But only at face value. There's a way out of the contradiction. A surprising alternative exists about the original nature of Adam and Eve which would resolve the problem. Stop reading for a second, think about it, and see if you can find the solution.

THE GARDEN OF EDEN AND THE HEISENBERG UNCERTAINTY PRINCIPLE

Here's what I would suggest: Both trees are right. Mankind, before eating from either tree, was neither mortal nor immortal. If he ate from the Tree of Life, he would become immortal; if he ate from the Tree of Knowledge, he would become a being that dies. As for right now, though -- before eating from either tree, he was in the "twilight zone." He was perched precariously between mortality and immortality, but as of yet, his nature was undetermined.

If such an "undetermined state" seems strange to you, don't fret. Just repair to the library and pick up any book on quantum physics. According to this branch of science, it is a pretty standard feature of reality for things to be undetermined. At any one moment, a given electron may be here or it may be there, Heisenberg famously proclaimed, but right now it is neither here nor there. Its position becomes "determined" only once an observer steps in and looks at it. Well, if electrons can remain undetermined -- maybe people can as well.

Now, if we're right about all of this -- that Eden was a place where man was precariously placed between life and death, depending on his choice -- well then, it would seem that Eden eerily foreshadows another great moment of Jewish history. It reminds us of another, later time when we were neither here nor there, and the Almighty offered us a similar choice between "life" and "death":

See! Today I have set before you [a free choice] between life and good [on one side], and death and evil [on the other]... Now therefore, choose Life! (Deuteronomy 30:14,19).

When Moses uttered these words, the people stood in the wasteland of a desert, not yet possessing either the "life" or the "death" that lay before them. Once again, we were asked to choose. In this case, "life" was identified as embracing the Torah and its principles, while "death" meant rejecting them.

Strange. The choice to embrace the Torah or reject it is painted with the same brush as the choice to embrace the Tree of Life. The cherubs that guard one Tree guard the other. It might be just a coincidence; a convenient choice of metaphors. But it might also signify something deeper. What could it all mean?

We have a long way to go, but we are starting to get somewhere in developing our picture of the two mysterious trees in Eden. In upcoming weeks, we will try and lay out some other puzzle pieces in the grand saga of Adam and Eve in Eden. And then, once the jigsaw pieces are all out on the floor, we'll begin, bit by bit, to try and discern the picture they seem to reveal.

Article location http://www.aish.com/jl/etb/48965161.html
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Two Trees Empty Re: The Tale of Two Trees

Post by Spirit-Being August 11th 2009, 12:47 pm

Wonderful Article Luda Thumb

luda wrote:Here's what I would suggest: Both trees are right. Mankind, before eating from either tree, was neither mortal nor immortal. If he ate from the Tree of Life, he would become immortal; if he ate from the Tree of Knowledge, he would become a being that dies.

This i see a lot in our world today.

When i got to the part that said stop reading and think, i immediately did but did not think on it, i allowed for the answer to be given to me. What came to me was that Adam & Eve are symbolic terms for the sons & daughters of the earth, this is what appeared to me. I find many times that the answers are within us, and i am grateful for that one line, that said to stop reading and think. But instead of think allow for the answer to come to you, and you may be surprised. Just to add what i get here does not mean this is what you will be told 1 million of us may be still and listen and we all may be told something different, with that said maybe the differences are really not that different after all, maybe each one of us will be told a piece of the truth and by putting the pieces together we may find the ANSWER

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 14th 2009, 8:34 am

I must say that seeing this as symbolic is only my opinion, i was doing some thinking something that is necessary in life. Realized that human life had to start from somewhere where (time period) and how (preserved) the story of Adam & Eve was kept alive throughout history. The two trees are very interesting and something worth thinking about. I just wanted to say thank you again for sharing this article, very thought provoking.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer August 16th 2009, 2:49 pm

part #1

To understand the meaning of the tree of life, it is first good to review the purpose of God. Since God does not change, He has always had the same purpose, and has been carrying it out. What the Devil does cannot change God's purpose in any way. Although God allows the Devil to do certain things that may look bad for God's purpose, it actually helps carry out His aim.
For instance, it looked terrible to Christians when the Devil's earthly agents put Christ to death, but afterwards we have seen that Christ had to die to carry out God's objective toward mankind.
We see from the Scriptures that God does not change (James 1:12; Malachi 3:6); neither does Jesus Christ. (Hebrews 1:10-12; Hebrews 13:6) God knows the end from the very first. (Isaiah 46:10) He knew all his works from the beginning of the world. (Acts 15:18) He never intended that the earth and this present visible universe remain forever, but knew that when He had used it to accomplish His purpose, He would do away with it. (Matthew 24:35; Mark 13:31; Luke 21:33; Hebrews 1:10-12; 2 Peter 3:10-13) He foreknew that sin would enter the world; in fact he knew that Adam would sin. (Revelation 13:8) This does not mean that He made Adam weak or had any part in Adam's sinning. He gave Adam everything, even perfection, as well as full instructions and teaching. "For the Lord is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works." (Psalms 145:17) "For the Word of the Lord is right, and all his works are done in truth," (Psalms 33:4) He let Adam decide for himself what he wanted to do, though He gave him the power to abstain from sin, even telling Adam what would happen if he disobeyed. (Genesis 2:16,17)
God has made all kinds of animals creatures, which do not have knowledge of right and wrong, but go according to their instincts that God put in them. They have no other choice but to do what they were made to do. They live a little while, then die, and others take their place. But God gave man intelligence and reasoning powers, which he could pass on to his offspring. God did not want man to be like an animal, a beast. He did not want men to be as a herd of cattle, serving Him because they could not do otherwise, but to be individuals with the will to serve Him. Earth's history shows this to be true. He could have made men so that it was impossible for them to do wrong, but what glory would they bring to God? The servants of God must have faith in Him, following His commands and right principles, because they want to. And God gives His spirit of power to those who are making efforts to serve Him. (Galatians chapter 5 and many other texts pertain to this fact) In fact, God's Son Jesus Christ "gave Himself for us, that He might redeem to Himself a peculiar people, zealous for good works, "(Titus 2:14)
When Adam brought sin into the world, it actually provided right-minded men the opportunity to show that they loved God, and loved right and hated wrong. At the same time it gave these men a test, and an education, making complete their faith in God and His Son, thus being made like His Son.
GOD'S PURPOSE IN CREATING THE EARTH
What was God's special purpose in creating the earth? The Bible tells us at Hebrews 2:10: "For it became him {God} for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings."
Accordingly, the visible universe was created for the purpose of giving Christ a kingdom with many brothers in association with Him, to be forever in the heavens with Him. The heavens of God remain, but the visible universe, having served its purpose to bring many sons unto glory, will disappear, (Matthew 24:35; Mark 13:31; Luke 21:33; Hebrews 1:10-12; 2 Peter 3:7,10,11,12 )
As one writer expressed it: We see the outworking of God's plan now as a person viewing a beautiful tapestry from the backside. It appears not to make any complete pattern, with a colored thread running this way, and another color another way, etc. But when we get to see it from the heavenly view, the front side, as Christ does now, and as his followers will see later, it is a beautiful, intricate and excellently designed pattern.
As for the tree of life in the Garden of Eden, it was only a symbol picturing something far greater. We know that Adam died because he ate of the tree of knowledge. Was it a poison fruit? No, for Adam lived on for hundreds of years after eating this fruit, to the age of 930 years. Eve's death is not mentioned, but she too lived a long time, bearing Adam's children.
Mark 7:18-23 18 "Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him `unclean'? 19 For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.") 20 He went on: "What comes out of a man is what makes him `unclean.' 21 For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and make a man `unclean.
This principle is true with regard to the tree of life. It had no intrinsic life-giving value, but was actually a representation of Jesus Christ, who was to come. We know that Christ said, "I am the resurrection and the life." (John 11:25) And also, "I am the way, the truth and the life." (John 14:6) He is also the book of life, so that anyone who is in Christ (that is. a Christian, one of his brothers) has his name written in the book of life. (Revelation 3:5; 23:8; 17:8; 20:12,15) The bible also says, "The fruit of the righteous is as a tree of life" and, "A wholesome tongue is a tree of life." (Proverbs 15:4)
Also in Revelation it states that Christ will give the one who overcomes to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. We know that there is no longer a literal paradise with the tree of life, but the only way we can get life is through Christ. He is the tree of life. He said, Who eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:54) He said, "He that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto eternal life." (John 4:36) The apostle John said: "God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son." (1 John 5:11)
In Revelation chapter 22:1-3, a description is given us of the paradise of God: "And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."
A similar description is given in the book of Ezekiel, one of the Hebrew prophets: Ezekiel 47:12 "Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing." (NIV)
Notice that the expression is plural, "trees" both in Revelation and Ezekiel. This is because the term is generic, and is used in the collective sense. It is the same as saying "wood" and "woods." So anyone eating of this "wood" of life would be eating from a "tree of life." That "wood" or tree is Jesus Christ.
With these thoughts in mind we can go back to the second chapter of Genesis. We know that God had given Adam much training, and information. Before Eve was created, Adam must have been in the garden for a long time. He had to observe the plant life, and learn what was necessary to take care of the plant life, and he was actually doing this. He observed all the animals, knowing their needs, and their way of life. Adam gave each one a name that suited it. When you think of the hundreds of thousands of plants and animals, you realize to some extent the training and knowledge Adam had.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer August 16th 2009, 2:51 pm

part #2

THE FALL OF MAN
Notice in the following verse that there are trees in the middle of the garden: the tree of life, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Genesis 2:9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground- trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Now in the following verse Adam is told he could partake of any tree in the garden, except the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
"Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shall not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Genesis 2:16,17
In the midst of the garden were the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and other trees. This does not mean that there were two trees in the very center of the garden, but that these trees were among the others. In fact, the word for tree is, in the Greek Septuagint version as well as in the New Testament, the word zulon, meaning wood. It is a generic term, as we might say, "There are pine trees amidst or among the trees in this wood." Or we might say, the cherry tree is one of the trees of this orchard, or forest; We would not be referring to a single tree among all those trees, but to a kind of tree. The same Greek word is used in Revelation 22:2,14 in regard to the tree of life. In fact, that verse says that on either side of the river there was the tree of life. (As we might say, 'On either side of the river was the peach tree;' the word "tree" here being used in a collective sense, as "wood" or "woods.")
Now, since God told Adam he could eat freely of the fruit of all the other trees {that bore fruit}, including the tree of life, there is no doubt that Adam saw this tree {this kind of tree} hundreds of times, and since he was told that he could freely eat of it, that he had done so. If this tree itself had some magical power to give Adam everlasting life - and he was told that he could freely eat of it, it would be foolish to think that in all these years he had not seen or had avoided such a life-giving fruit. In fact he would partake of this tree before the other trees.
In this connection we notice that the Devil did not first lead Eve to eat of the tree of life, and then to the tree of knowledge of good and evil. If eating the fruit had a bodily effect, it is certain that Satan would have first induced Eve to eat the fruit of the tree of life and then take her to the tree of knowledge. If the fruit itself could have given life, then when Satan got her to eat of the fruit of the tree of life and afterwards taken her to the tree of knowledge of good and evil, he could have wicked man with everlasting life, which would of course be to his purpose. But he did not do this because he knew that it was not the fruit itself that defiles the man. It was whether the man acted in devotion to God or contrary to God that counted, and that had the effect on the man's life.
We see that God used the trees as symbolic. To eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil was a disobedient act, and symbolized disobedience. God said, (evidently to his Son in the heavens) after Adam and Eve had eaten of this tree, "Behold, the man has become as one of us, to know good and Evil; and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever:" Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. Then, he "drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life" (Genesis 3:22-24"
To eat of the tree knowledge of good and evil was an act deliberate disobedience. To "know" often means in the Bible much more then mere head knowledge that a thing exists. It means knowledge of experience. For example, a person may say, "I know my father, and know he would or would not do a certain thing." He means that he is thoroughly acquainted with father's ways and characteristic-- I have an experimental knowledge of him. It is more a heart knowledge then a head knowledge, and "to know" means "to determine," "to Judge."
So to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil would represent the act of judging, of determining for yourself what is right and what is wrong. Adam in eating of this tree was in effect saying: "I am going to decide for myself. God cannot tell me what or what not to do." This was a willful, deliberate decision on Adam's part in direct challenge to God's stated law. (Today this spirit is becoming more and more manifest in the fact that many are subject to no law. They talk about their "rights" but disrespect the rights of all others, as well as the law and its representatives.)
The fruit of the tree of knowledge was not poison. It did not kill Adam and Eve. But their willful act of eating in spite of God's command showed that they had no respect for God. They were incorrigible rebels, and that is what killed them. Adam and Eve were perfect humans without a flaw. There was no weakness that prevented them from doing exactly what they wanted to do. But their action caused all their offspring to be born with weakness, sin and death, (Romans 5:12) and only Christ can remove this.
The difference between the tree of knowledge of good and evil and of the tree of life is shown in full in Romans.
Romans 5:17-19 17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ. 18 Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous. (NIV)
THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE TREE OF LIFE
In the case of the tree of life, eating that fruit would mean that Adam was in harmony with God, acknowledging his dependence upon God and his subjection to his Creator. As long as he continued to eat this fruit he was acknowledging God and receiving his favor.
But after Adam's rebellion, it would be completely out of place, and a misrepresentation for Adam to continue to eat of this tree. Therefore he was barred from eating it by angelic power preventing him from getting to the tree.
Now, it was not the tree itself that could give Adam life, but his continued relationship with God that could do so. Apparently God had met regularly with Adam and Eve (of course through his representative, his Son). And the eating of the fruit of the tree of life seems to have been a communion meal with God. No doubt on these occasions Adam was richly blessed with life-giving knowledge and blessings. We can turn to the Law given to Israel, and the communion offerings they ate at the tabernacle, which was "eating with God."
The eating of the tree of life as Adam did when in the Garden of Eden was an offering in which both the person and God ate of the thing offered. In the Law given to Israel the peace offering was that kind of sacrifice. This offering, called a peace-offering, as one bible commentator, C.E. Kyel says, "commonly rendered thank- offering, but more correctly a saving-offering." In this the offerer had a communion meal with God, part of the animal sacrificed being offered and burnt on the altar - the offerer himself ate certain parts. Often a family did this together.
In this the offerer was at peace with God. About this God was thanked for salvation. Kyle further says, "The plural (word in Hebrew used with regard to this sacrifice) demonstrates the entire round of blessings and powers, by which the salvation or integrity of man in his relation to God is established and secured."
Adam was cut off from this relationship with God when he sinned. Hence he could no longer enjoy this relationship, which as indicated by Adam's being cut off from eating of this tree by cherubim stationed to prevent access to it. Of course this made the fact clear that until Christ provided the way there could be no access to life.
Christians now can enjoy communion with God through Christ at all times, and they signify this by observing the Memorial established with his disciples at what is called the Last Supper. (Luke 22:13-19 1 Corinthians 11:23-29)
We have to keep "eating" of the tree of life through constant reading of the Bible, and meditating on it, and following Christ's commands. If we have fellow Christians with whom we can discuss these matters, it is strengthening to us. If we stop "eating" we are forsaking Christ - the Tree of Life.
There are many more scripture texts that enlighten a person on this subject of the tree of life, and much more could be said about it. But perhaps this will be a help. .
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 20th 2009, 11:45 am

A thought comes to me, yes i know i usually try very hard to go on intuition i think thought and intuition together can sometimes be misleading but we do have a thinking mind and it can be helpful in finding truths that have been abscured through History. So i was thinking...

what time period did Adam & Eve exist?

Where did the information of Adam & Eve come from?

Could a document or proof of their existence be preserved for this long?

There are many countries today was this the case then?

Could there have been other people on other continents at this time?

Some questions that have popped in my mind as i read all this wonderful information, please i embrace your comments, what do you think or feel?

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 August 20th 2009, 4:57 pm

What an excellent questions Spirit-Being! Some time ago I have done some research on Adam and Eve story and found large amount of information. Some of the writings claimed that Adam and Eve personally have written books of their life story. I have read few of them however the same life story is different in each of these books. Some say that Adam and Eve lived approximately 6 thousand years ago or so, according to calculations of biblical time line from Adam to Noah and all the way to Jesus+2000years after Jesus to the present =6000. Cane the eldest of Adam and Eve who killed his brother Abel run of and found a wife somewhere, which indicates there were people living on the earth besides Adam and Eve (that is according to the Bible) Some other books state that Adam and Eve also had a daughter and that Cane took her as his wife and had children by her. There are also others who state that the story of Adam and Eve is not literal and that the Bible is a spiritual book and require interpretation. I personally have not come to any conclusions as of yet, but at this time I am looking at; Adam and Eve represent all human beings in their beginning stage somewhere in between spiritual and material (physical). Fall- represent fall into meter by eating the fruit or gaining and desiring knowledge of good and evil (which can only possibly be experienced in/on material plane). Tree of life according to Rabbi David Fohrman represent the obedience from the heart to the law of God (the law of Love) which was beautifully lived and thought by Jesus Christ who’s life was an example for us to fallow, which eventually lead to death of the material (natural- low self) and resurrection to a spiritual higher self with the reword of eternal life where death has no power.
23luda23
23luda23

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 21st 2009, 9:36 pm

Thank You Wind-Dancer the 2 posts were very helpful in understanding the biblical story of Adam & Eve and the Garden of Eden. Would love to hear how you feel on this subject.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 21st 2009, 9:47 pm

Thank You luda the information you provided was very helpful, i did not realize there were so many differing beliefs on this biblical story. Your resourcefulness to find truths is amazing, i wish i could dig for information in this way. I realize we all have individual insights, that will help each one of us find understanding. Okay now i must say that when you mentioned that the possibility of other people inhabiting this earth at the time of Adam & Eve struck a cord with me, now i must say that the history channel has been somewhat of an influence on me, finding bones and dating them back 100's of thousands of years. Which add's many questions for me. I must keep an open mind and allow for the answers to these questions to come to me. Very helpful information thanks again for sharing it.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer August 21st 2009, 10:09 pm

I myself believe in the bibles teaching.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 23rd 2009, 6:58 pm

Thank You Wind-Dancer

I too feel the Bible holds Truth, and the important thing is what each one of us believes. Praying

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman September 14th 2009, 10:11 am

Thank you for the great information.
Thank You If you don’t mind, I’d like to share my thoughts and understanding on the symbolic meaning of the tree of life.
There is within us an energy that is awakened at the base of the spine and rises to the top of the head called kundalini and it rises thru energy centers in our bodies called Chakras.
It is a process that connects our individual consciousness with universal consciousness thereby making us whole.
It is described as an inverted tree and known to many as the tree of life.
Amazingly so, Mother earth herself, as experienced and understood thru the knowledge of Ley lines and chakras has her own tree of life of which we are also connected.
This raising of consciousness is a life(s) long event where we remove the blockages or ignorance of our true selves.
We are truly one and the free flow of energy in our tree of life is the means by which we live in peace and joy with all of the universe.
My thoughts.
Peace and Blessings, Praise
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 September 15th 2009, 4:40 pm

WhiteShaman wrote:Thank you for the great information.
Thank You If you don’t mind, I’d like to share my thoughts and understanding on the symbolic meaning of the tree of life.
There is within us an energy that is awakened at the base of the spine and rises to the top of the head called kundalini and it rises thru energy centers in our bodies called Chakras.
It is a process that connects our individual consciousness with universal consciousness thereby making us whole.
It is described as an inverted tree and known to many as the tree of life.
Amazingly so, Mother earth herself, as experienced and understood thru the knowledge of Ley lines and chakras has her own tree of life of which we are also connected.
This raising of consciousness is a life(s) long event where we remove the blockages or ignorance of our true selves.
We are truly one and the free flow of energy in our tree of life is the means by which we live in peace and joy with all of the universe.
My thoughts.
Peace and Blessings, Praise
WhiteShaman

That is interesting WhiteShaman! I am going to look into that more. I never knew it was called the tree of life.
23luda23
23luda23

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by freebie November 9th 2009, 1:57 pm

This is very interesting topic. I recently attended a church that is comparing
Genesis and Revelations in sermons. The topic one Sunday was The Tree of Life. There were some verses in Revelations that made me wonder and keep wondering about the Trees in Genesis and the Tree in Revelations. The verses are: Rev.2:7, Rev. 22: 1-2, Rev.22:14-15, and Rev.22: 19. I am sorry I'm adding more questions than answers in my post but I'm very interested in this topic and thank you for what was mentioned it has been helpful.
freebie
freebie

Female
Number of posts : 32
Hobbies : Gardening, Knitting, watching TV, and movies
Tell us about yourself : I consider myself a curious learner, I love to experience life and the things in it.
Appreciation Points : 40
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down