Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gnostic Christianity-for me

4 posters

Go down

Gnostic Christianity-for me Empty Gnostic Christianity-for me

Post by Dreamer December 13th 2008, 5:01 pm

I just wanted to share the basic idea of the Gnostic Christianity that I follow.
It differs somewhat from what is posted in the description. I'm not saying I am right and the other is wrong, just that what I know to be Gnostic Christianity is different
What I believe, as taught by Sylvia Browne and the Society of Novus Spiritus (though i am not a member)
We always seek gnosis- knowledge.
We call ourselves Gnostic CHRISTIANS because we believe in the teachings of Christ:
Love, mercy, kindness, and forgiveness.
And believe him to be a prophet and now an ascended master, but we don't seek salvation through Jesus.
We don't believe in sin (which when translated only mean "missing the mark") so with out sin, there is no need of salvation.
We believe in the divinity of Christ as much as we believe in the divinity of all of us. We all are a spark of the Divine. Creations of God, therefore God is within all of us.
Again, we believe we all come from God and all will return HOME from where we came.
We chart (plan) incarnations to learn and perfect our soul. We decide how many lives we want to have, and what lessons will need to learn for each go 'round.
We believe in Mother and Father God. The same but male and female aspects. imagine the yin/yang symbol. it is one symbol but 2 aspects Wink create the whole.
To us the trinity is Mother, Father, and White light of the Holy Spirit
The White Light is the manifestation of God's power and grace.

Ok, I suppose that is good for starters LOL

Last edited by Dreamer on January 9th 2009, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dreamer
Dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 117
Appreciation Points : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Gnostic Christianity-for me Empty Religious beliefs

Post by Wind-Dancer December 14th 2008, 10:10 am

Nice post Dreamer,

I feel that all people have their own paths to follow. Each of us have choices to make. Each persons path is chosen and followed diligently. I believe that all paths lead to the same place. No one should disagree or put down anyone for their religious beliefs. We all have a mind , and therefore we are free to choose the paths we will follow.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Gnostic Christianity-for me Empty This is beautiful

Post by Spirit-Being December 14th 2008, 12:34 pm

There are many different descriptions of what Gnosticism is, a little confusing but it is this way with many beliefs. I love the description you have provided for gnosticism and it resonates well with me. If it is okay i would like to add the description for gnosticism that you have posted, to the Gnosticism forum. Gnosticism for me goes well with my many beliefs, i always try to be as open minded as i possibly can.

There is so much information out there in the world and some which has not yet been uncovered. Some of the history about Gnosticism is very profound and has much meaning. I decided to do a little research and i came across the discovery of the Nag Hammadi Library, i felt i should share this for those who know nothing of this amazing discovery.

The Nag Hammadi Library which was uncovered in December 1945, two brothers uncovered the jar whilst digging up soil for their fields. One of them smashed it open in the hope of finding gold, but instead discovered fragments of the books, which he then carried home. The various texts became separated as they were sold, and one part even burnt because it was deemed to be worthless and perhaps even bad luck. Yet they were eventually brought together again, and translated from the Coptic the scribes had written them in, which themselves were translations from the original Greek. It wasn't until 1978 that the translations were first published, and not until the last decade that the public have really begun to take an interest. This immensely important discovery includes a large number of primary Gnostic scriptures -- texts once thought to have been entirely destroyed during the early Christian struggle to define "orthodoxy" -- scriptures such as the Gospel of Thomas, the Gospel of Philip, and the Gospel of Truth.

I find this very interesting and some of the missing pieces to spiritual awakening. I have much work to do, Thank You so much Dreamer for adding this, i am still learning the path to illumination. With your help and many others we will all provide much needed direction, wisdom, and Truth for all who need it.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Gnostic Christianity-for me Empty Re: Gnostic Christianity-for me

Post by Dreamer December 14th 2008, 5:25 pm

cheers Yes the Nag Hammadi!!
You also might be interested in reading Elaine Pagels Gnostic Gospels.
I still have that on my list to get around to reading, but my friends keep me informed Wink
Oh there is also a Gospel of Mary (Magdelene)

I'm glad you like my definition, though I can't take credit for it.
By all means use what you like. Anything that spreads the light Sunny

I believe everyone gets to where they need to be spiritually, in their own time and in there own way.
And it's all good!
Dreamer
Dreamer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being December 15th 2008, 7:04 pm

Dreamer: I believe everyone gets to where they need to be spiritually, in their own time and in there own way.

Truly Words of wisdom Wink

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer December 15th 2008, 7:41 pm

aaaaaAAAAHHHH typo!!!! LOL
"their" own way Embarassed
I suppose the essence of the message still stands though.
Dreamer
Dreamer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by peaceandkarma April 26th 2011, 6:09 pm

Are the Gnostics beliefs similar to modern day Spiritualists?
peaceandkarma
peaceandkarma

Male
Number of posts : 104
Tell us about yourself : I'm interested in all things New Age and Spiritualism
Appreciation Points : 120
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down