Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reincarnation :: Past Life Amnesia

3 posters

Go down

Reincarnation :: Past Life Amnesia Empty Reincarnation :: Past Life Amnesia

Post by liberatedsoul September 23rd 2009, 9:29 pm

Here is a link to my newest blog post on reincarnation. I hope it is useful to you.

http://www.baraka-bashad.com/2009/09/reincarnation-past-life-amnesia.html
liberatedsoul
liberatedsoul

Male
Number of posts : 57
Appreciation Points : 109
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Back to top Go down

Reincarnation :: Past Life Amnesia Empty Re: Reincarnation :: Past Life Amnesia

Post by Spirit-Being September 24th 2009, 1:23 pm

Another really good blog liberatedsoul, for some time i have known that i have been here many times, i feel that all the information i have ever read on reincarnation has begun to awaken me to who i truly am. The one serious question i contemplated for many days was WHO AM I? I have just received the answer last week, it was starring me in the face the whole time telling me who i am. Through this i understand that previous life here on earth is nice to know but it is the transition between each earth life that i am more interested in. You always seem to inspire me Thank You so much.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by liberatedsoul September 24th 2009, 1:38 pm

You are very welcome Spirit-Being. I am passing on those things that inspire me in hopes it will help others. I always appreciate your responses.
liberatedsoul
liberatedsoul

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman September 24th 2009, 1:55 pm

'The one serious question i contemplated for many days was WHO AM I? I have just received the answer last week, it was starring me in the face the whole time telling me who i am."

Would you mind sharing your revelation Spirit-Being, even though I think i know the answer.
Who are you?
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being September 24th 2009, 3:25 pm

One thing i would like to say is that by no means do i feel above anyone else for knowing who i am, we are all brothers & sisters.

Are we not here to know ourselves to search within for the answers through our own experiences?

I need to say that any question we have about our existence can and will be answered in time. I stated that i asked this question for days what i truly meant to say was years, this one question i continued to ask i put alot my attention on this question. People say we are Human and we are, i feel we are only part Human & the rest Spiritual. It is easy to say we are Human this is easy to understand and comprehend. I too have said i am Human many times, by doing this i had a real hard time understanding being a Spiritual Being as well. As the quote says:

“You are not a human being in search of a spiritual experience. You are a spiritual being immersed in a human experience.”

~Teilhard de Chardin~

If someone was to say to me 4 years ago that they are a Spiritual Being and they heard God tell them, i would not have believed them, only because of how ignorant i was at the time. I am by no means free from ignorance but it is a lot less than 4 years ago.

I feel we are all Divine Beings.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman September 24th 2009, 3:44 pm

Spirit-Being wrote:One thing i would like to say is that by no means do i feel above anyone else for knowing who i am, we are all brothers & sisters.

Are we not here to know ourselves to search within for the answers through our own experiences?

I need to say that any question we have about our existence can and will be answered in time. I stated that i asked this question for days what i truly meant to say was years, this one question i continued to ask i put alot my attention on this question. People say we are Human and we are, i feel we are only part Human & the rest Spiritual. It is easy to say we are Human this is easy to understand and comprehend. I too have said i am Human many times, by doing this i had a real hard time understanding being a Spiritual Being as well. As the quote says:

“You are not a human being in search of a spiritual experience. You are a spiritual being immersed in a human experience.”

~Teilhard de Chardin~

If someone was to say to me 4 years ago that they are a Spiritual Being and they heard God tell them, i would not have believed them, only because of how ignorant i was at the time. I am by no means free from ignorance but it is a lot less than 4 years ago.

I feel we are all Divine Beings.

Many Blessings

Thank you my friend. When I first came to the same realization you mention above, I struggled with the best way to relay that to others without appearing to sound “better” or “above” anyone also. People tend to think when one says that they are divine, that they are saying that they are God. What they are really saying is ALL is God.
To know your divinity is to know the divinity in others and to know that is to understand what oneness really is.
Thank you for your heart felt reply.
Did you know that when you see people of eastern cultures clasping their hands in a prayer like position while bowing their heads as they greet one another that they are “saying” I honor and greet the God in your from the God in me?
We (western civilization) are just catching up with what the oldest cultures in the world have known forever.
We (western civilization) tend to believe the opposite, that we are sinful by nature and wretched in our hearts. There is nothing so detrimental to spiritual progress as that and there is nothing further from the truth. We are divine by nature! Amen to that!
Peace and Blessings, Praise
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by liberatedsoul September 24th 2009, 9:36 pm

Well said guys. One of the most profound realizations we can have is that we are soul, a spark of God. Then we become aware that this realization is a beginning to spiritual development and not an end in and of itself. I love your statement: "We (western civilization) are just catching up with what the oldest cultures in the world have known forever." That is why I blog about eastern philosophy...
liberatedsoul
liberatedsoul

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman September 25th 2009, 7:58 am

liberatedsoul wrote: Then we become aware that this realization is a beginning to spiritual development and not an end in and of itself.

Exactly, (as you stated above) it changes EVERYTHING!
You see things as they are and you relate to them as you were meant to, it's literally like being born again!
I enjoy you Eastern philosophy posts liberatedsoul! Someday maybe we can discuss "dispassion". It is my only major block in understanding a big part of their culture and in fact I think those of eastern culture may have taken "dispassion" to an unbalanced extreme just as we (western minds) have taken many things to the opposite extreme. But then again, it may just be my ignorance.
Anyways, Thank you for your comments!
Peace and Blessings! Praise
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by liberatedsoul September 25th 2009, 8:13 am

WhiteShaman

Let's have the discussion now... Can you explain what you mean by "dispassion?" Are you referring to detachment or something else? I am not sure I will have any answers (probably just more questions, but sometimes questions are more revealing anyway)...
liberatedsoul
liberatedsoul

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman September 25th 2009, 8:35 am

liberatedsoul wrote:WhiteShaman

Let's have the discussion now... Can you explain what you mean by "dispassion?" Are you referring to detachment or something else? I am not sure I will have any answers (probably just more questions, but sometimes questions are more revealing anyway)...

Dispassion to me means unattachment to any and all things including family and friends. When I am around some people from India or China or Buddhist, I get a sense that this teaching called dispassion has grown to an unbalanced robotic state.
How does one leave their loved ones to pursue their spiritual growth? How does one tell stories of a monk in the wilderness who becomes friends with a visiting deer, that this is wrong and represents attachment.
It takes the human element out of life and I think that is what keeps us grounded as well as being equally important as the spiritual element of life.
I hope that makes sense and I welcome your comments.
WhiteShaman Praise
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by liberatedsoul September 25th 2009, 8:54 am

I understand you perfectly. I think this is one of those truths that gets obscured in culture expression quite often. Practicing a spiritual truth in real life is often described as walking the razors edge. It is very easy to swing from one extreme to the other only to discover that the true path is right down the middle along the edge.

It is very true that trying to practice eastern detachment usually will not work in the western world. Some, like Julian Johnson for one, left the west to live in an ashram in India. However, that is not the only way. We need to practice a western version of detachment. It will have to look quite different.

What would that consist of? Well, I would not suggest giving up all of your possessions and wandering aimlessly. Our society really isn't setup to sustain the essentials of the human condition well in this regard. We must earn money and support ourselves. However, we can choose to not participate in the corporate media driven materialism that dominates our culture. That is a form of detachment from possessions. We can also choose an occupation that does exploit others in this regard.

As for detachment in terms of family and friends, we must call on the spiritual truth of love and also the truth of karma. One of the lessons for us as soul to learn is the lesson of love. That is to love inspite of all the negativity in the physical world. Can we love without becoming attached? I think that we can, but once again it requires us to walk the razors edge.

Karma comes into play here in that we come to this life to resolve karma with others. We can't do this through isolation alone. We must examine our relationships and take advantage of those opportunities to resolve instead of perpetuate these cycles.

I could go on and on, but will stop there. I hope my thoughts on the subject are helpful to you.
liberatedsoul
liberatedsoul

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman September 25th 2009, 9:06 am

liberatedsoul wrote:I understand you perfectly. I think this is one of those truths that gets obscured in culture expression quite often. Practicing a spiritual truth in real life is often described as walking the razors edge. It is very easy to swing from one extreme to the other only to discover that the true path is right down the middle along the edge.

It is very true that trying to practice eastern detachment usually will not work in the western world. Some, like Julian Johnson for one, left the west to live in an ashram in India. However, that is not the only way. We need to practice a western version of detachment. It will have to look quite different.

What would that consist of? Well, I would not suggest giving up all of your possessions and wandering aimlessly. Our society really isn't setup to sustain the essentials of the human condition well in this regard. We must earn money and support ourselves. However, we can choose to not participate in the corporate media driven materialism that dominates our culture. That is a form of detachment from possessions. We can also choose an occupation that does exploit others in this regard.

As for detachment in terms of family and friends, we must call on the spiritual truth of love and also the truth of karma. One of the lessons for us as soul to learn is the lesson of love. That is to love inspite of all the negativity in the physical world. Can we love without becoming attached? I think that we can, but once again it requires us to walk the razors edge.

Karma comes into play here in that we come to this life to resolve karma with others. We can't do this through isolation alone. We must examine our relationships and take advantage of those opportunities to resolve instead of perpetuate these cycles.

I could go on and on, but will stop there. I hope my thoughts on the subject are helpful to you.

I understand you perfectly Liberatedsoul, and as you say, balance is the key. That is why I always thought as much as the east has to teach us here in the west, we have just as much to teach them. In the end we can find the middle and find peace.
Personally the biggest attachment I feel mankind needs to overcome is to the false sense of self it has.
Great talking to you and thank you for your response.
I have studied, walked away and later become enlightened to many individual truths that stem from eastern cultures. I am sure we will have many more meaningful conversations in the future.
Next time, when we have time, if you will, let’s discuss what it is we feel The Buddha realized under that Bodhi tree!
Peace and Blessings, Praise
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by liberatedsoul September 25th 2009, 9:08 am

You got it WhiteShaman! Take care.
liberatedsoul
liberatedsoul

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman September 25th 2009, 9:11 am

liberatedsoul wrote:You got it WhiteShaman! Take care.
You too my friend! Praise
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Reincarnation :: Past Life Amnesia Empty The Bodhi Tree

Post by WhiteShaman September 25th 2009, 9:27 am

Hi Liberatedsoul
I decided that now was a good time for me and if you are busy, I will await your response.
One morning, as I sat outside contemplating the workings in nature, I began to really understand what I believe The Buddha realized under the Bodhi tree.
As I watched the animals scurrying for food and the trees reaching out for the suns rays, I was reminded of my experiences as a Hospice volunteer that all of life is struggling to, not survive, but EXIST.
I began to see that life, including all of humanity is ONE entity. WE are LIFE and our struggle to EXIST is the source of our suffering.
By EXIST, I mean remain separate from our true nature.
Does that make sense to you? It really had a tremendous impression on me. I “knew” it was truth at a level far beyond the workings of the mind.
WhiteShaman Praise
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by liberatedsoul September 25th 2009, 9:41 am

Yes that makes sense and I can see it was a turning point for you in you own development. The interesting thing about these seeds of truth (as I call them) is that they can be expressed in very diverse ways that can at times seem opposed to one another.

What I think you are getting at is since all living things at their core are soul and soul is a spark of God, we are all in essence collectively one entity expressing itself. This is the same truth Richard Bach hit upon in his book "One." It is also the crux of most eastern philosophy.

The suffering comes from the physical world we incarnate into and attempts to keep us in an endless karmic cycle so that we will not realize our true selves. This is not something that can be understood by simply reading about it. True understanding comes from experiences like yours when you realize these truths. That understanding deepens with each new realization.

Thank you for sharing this. I enjoyed it immensley!
liberatedsoul
liberatedsoul

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman September 25th 2009, 9:50 am

liberatedsoul wrote:Yes that makes sense and I can see it was a turning point for you in you own development. The interesting thing about these seeds of truth (as I call them) is that they can be expressed in very diverse ways that can at times seem opposed to one another.

What I think you are getting at is since all living things at their core are soul and soul is a spark of God, we are all in essence collectively one entity expressing itself. This is the same truth Richard Bach hit upon in his book "One." It is also the crux of most eastern philosophy.

The suffering comes from the physical world we incarnate into and attempts to keep us in an endless karmic cycle so that we will not realize our true selves. This is not something that can be understood by simply reading about it. True understanding comes from experiences like yours when you realize these truths. That understanding deepens with each new realization.

Thank you for sharing this. I enjoyed it immensley!

I like the way you said it better!
"....all living things at their core are soul and soul is a spark of God, we are all in essence collectively one entity expressing itself".
It makes more sense and emphasizes what it was I realized...that we, all of life, are ONE entity.
My feeling is that there is nothing wrong with the physical word and that this ONE entity wants to express itself here. It somehow got lost in the mind. I don't even think that was a mistake, I think it was what it wanted as well.
I may be way off but this is how I feel and it stems from my love for life and everything in it especially from the perspective of realizing the little bits and pieces I realize of our true self.
Peace,
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being September 25th 2009, 2:38 pm

Very Interesting Guys

I enjoyed reading your Insights, Buddha was a great inspiration to us all, and to share these Wonderful Truths with all of us is truly inspiring for me. One day when i have more patience i know i will experience these Truths as well. I know they are True because i have come to know that the experiencer either myself or another person is always the Truth.

Jesus said “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

This i try to live by daily, especially when it comes to all our Experiences. When i receive an answer or an Insight from God, i very much Love to share these and i do not expect anyone to take them for the Truth. But i have come to realize that we all will receive answers and insights from God throughout our lives. I know what comes to me is Truth and i feel exactly the same way when another person receives these insights as well. Looking forward to sharing & reading many more remarkable experiences.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman September 25th 2009, 2:58 pm

Spirit-Being wrote:Very Interesting Guys

I enjoyed reading your Insights, Buddha was a great inspiration to us all, and to share these Wonderful Truths with all of us is truly inspiring for me. One day when i have more patience i know i will experience these Truths as well. I know they are True because i have come to know that the experiencer either myself or another person is always the Truth.

Jesus said “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

This i try to live by daily, especially when it comes to all our Experiences. When i receive an answer or an Insight from God, i very much Love to share these and i do not expect anyone to take them for the Truth. But i have come to realize that we all will receive answers and insights from God throughout our lives. I know what comes to me is Truth and i feel exactly the same way when another person receives these insights as well. Looking forward to sharing & reading many more remarkable experiences.

Many Blessings

I agree, Spirit-Being, we all experience truth at times in our lives and since they are many times different, then we all must be mistaken or it ALL is truth. The fact is, in my mind, they all represent partial truth.
Liberatedsoul said it best when he said “Our understanding deepens with each new realization”
My experiences with Jesus is a good example. I don’t see him as I used to and I was so sure the way I use to see him was the whole and final truth for many years but now I can say that I really “know” him and even though I know longer “practice” Christianity, I know Jesus better than I ever did. My understanding about him deepened with each new realization as I continued down my spiritual path.
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being September 25th 2009, 6:36 pm

Beautifully Stated WhiteShaman

I understand exactly, and i myself have went through similar realizations in my life.

Liberatedsoul said it best when he said “Our understanding deepens with each new realization"

I agree totally with what liberatedsoul has said.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by liberatedsoul September 25th 2009, 9:11 pm

WhiteShaman wrote:
I like the way you said it better!
"....all living things at their core are soul and soul is a spark of God, we are all in essence collectively one entity expressing itself".
It makes more sense and emphasizes what it was I realized...that we, all of life, are ONE entity.
My feeling is that there is nothing wrong with the physical word and that this ONE entity wants to express itself here. It somehow got lost in the mind. I don't even think that was a mistake, I think it was what it wanted as well.
I may be way off but this is how I feel and it stems from my love for life and everything in it especially from the perspective of realizing the little bits and pieces I realize of our true self.
Peace,
WhiteShaman

I agree. The physical world is purposefully set up this way. Not only that, but we could further say that this ONE entity expresses itself this way to learn and gain experience. The fact that there is negativity in the physical world is not wrong, it is just what is necessary for us to grow...
liberatedsoul
liberatedsoul

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down