Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life lessons

3 posters

Go down

Life lessons Empty Life lessons

Post by Wind-Dancer September 24th 2009, 5:23 pm

The Creator is always teaching me but I must be able to comprehend what I am being taught..

The other day as I had just parked in the grocery store parking lot. I witnessed a lady looking backward in her car while she was moving forward. My thought was " thats not a good idea. " She ran into the area where shopping carts are placed..She was driving one of those small Toyota cars. She mangled a lot of shopping carts and totally demolished the small car.

I was sorry for the lady but she did cause the damage herself by trying to move forward while looking backwards..

A thought came into my mind that there is only one place I know where I can see the past the future and the present and that is when I drive..I am sitting on a comfortable seat while moving forward and I glance in the rear view mirror every now and again..

When I look forward through the wind shield I can see where I will be in the future . When I glance in the rear view mirror I can see where I have been.While I am sitting in the middle, im in the now.. It dawned on me that there is a life lesson here.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Life lessons Empty Re: Life lessons

Post by Vanilla2 September 25th 2009, 5:07 am

That is a very good observation Wind-Dancer, another observation could be, we can walk to the store several miles away, then walk back, do the same walk again two hours later, so in theory we have both moved on to the future, come back to our past twice, but in reality, because those two walks happened at two different times in our life, we could never re-create that first walk again, no matter how identical it was. :Hello:
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman September 25th 2009, 8:48 am

Wind-Dancer wrote:The Creator is always teaching me but I must be able to comprehend what I am being taught..

The other day as I had just parked in the grocery store parking lot. I witnessed a lady looking backward in her car while she was moving forward. My thought was " thats not a good idea. " She ran into the area where shopping carts are placed..She was driving one of those small Toyota cars. She mangled a lot of shopping carts and totally demolished the small car.

I was sorry for the lady but she did cause the damage herself by trying to move forward while looking backwards..

A thought came into my mind that there is only one place I know where I can see the past the future and the present and that is when I drive..I am sitting on a comfortable seat while moving forward and I glance in the rear view mirror every now and again..

When I look forward through the wind shield I can see where I will be in the future . When I glance in the rear view mirror I can see where I have been.While I am sitting in the middle, im in the now.. It dawned on me that there is a life lesson here.

I really like what you wrote Wind-Dancer. So many people teach that being "in the now" means that the past and future do not exist where your story seems to say as my feelings do, that being "in the now" is being present while quietly observing the past and quietly hoping of the future.
Thank you Good Post
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content