Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love for your pets!

4 posters

Go down

Love for your pets! Empty Love for your pets!

Post by Spirit-Being December 26th 2008, 6:40 pm

I own a dog and she is one of the greatest things in my life. She is so loving and i give her the same love back. I never knew how smart dogs actually were until i got "Bella" I can see her thinking all the time. Before i took her in a friend of mine took care of her, but she asked me if i would like a dog, i thought about it and i decided to look after her. I found out that "Bellas" first owners abused her. She must of had a rough time, and all she needed was a loving home. I am truly grateful to have her in my life, i have learned alot from her. Please show your appreciation towards your pets in this thread, i would love to hear them.

Many Blessings

Last edited by Spirit-Being on December 28th 2008, 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Love for your pets! Empty Re: Love for your pets!

Post by in2_wishin December 27th 2008, 4:17 pm

I had a cat named Friskie. He was a very bright and intellegent cat, very funny and warm, very observant. His mother became pregnant, his mother was a cat that roamed around our neighborhood, we knew his mother before he was born, one day my mom, had seen his mother pregnant, then several days later my mom found little kittens. We put them in a box, Friskie or soon to be cat was always the one with the most energy, he was the first to climb out of the box alone, very rambunctous little thing. Eventually we knew we could not afford to keep them all, my Dad laid down the rules, he said we can only keep one of them, we where kinda sad, so we decided to choose Friskie, it was a tough decision, but we said a prayer that the other kittens would be ok. We had to drop them off at the pound, i still have regrets to this day about that decision,, we should have kept Blackie, he was the weakest of the bunch, we knew he was not very strong on his own this is one of my regrets.

Friskie ended up living to be 18 years old, he had died several years back, i still remember his birthday, and it was actually on april 1st. When my mom told us she had found some kittens, we had thought it an april fools joke hehe.

About some mischievious things my cat would get into: Of course had my dad known he would tear into several of our couches using them as scracthing posts, he never would had allowed me and my brothers to keep him in the first place, but he even grew on my Dad, my dad would eventually develop a soft spot for the cat, even though my dad was not really a cat lover at all, he was one of those self-proclaimed "Dog lovers". Im no psychiatrists, but i know why my dad had felt this way most of his life, my dad had always spoke of the story way back when, he was a young child, when he was young, he too had been a cat lover, so much so, that he would play with all of the stray ally cats, and all the neighborhood cats, so much so that he developed i think they called it worms, he had head worms, they had to shave his head, it was a tramatic experience to say the least..

Friskie was indeed an gift, an angel sent from heaven. He had this look about him, he can stare me in the eyes, i knew if was hungry, i knew if he felt uneasyness. He stood near our door when he wanted to be let out, he had playful meows, serious meows, angry or frustrated meows. There was almost nothing that he wanted, that he would at least make a big effort at getting,, foodwise, and sometimes he ended up winning our hearts, and earned his prize in the process. For instance, one day we had ordered a pizza and chicken from this pizza place down the street, and when it came he loved the smell of it, he loved the smell of chicken, so, i had left my plate alone, my mistake, he had gotten a hold of one of my pieces of chicken, he had taken it down underneath the table near his hiding place, it was so funny, he had known he done wrong, he had this little guitly look on his face, but i couldnt stay made at him, i let him have the chicken.

And sometimes he would also get into these crazy little wild-streak moods, like for example during christmas time, when we had the tree up, decorated, he would often grab and play around with our christmas ornaments, he would tear them down, break them, it was dangerous, but, he never got hurt even once,,, sometimes he would just run across our living room floor at high-speeds for no apparent reason, he would leap high in the air, funny cat...He was even spoiled when it came to sleeping arrangements, there are many cold nights where, sometimes if we forgot to let him outside, when we would wake up, he would be curled up on the pillow next to us, lol, or he would be right near our feet on our covers,, its amazing that we never suffocated or crushed him, he was also a very lucky cat indeed.

Our cat has been through alot,,, earthquakes, ear infections, paw infections, he has been kidnapped by your psycho, ex-felon neighbor before, that was back when he was 3 years old, he had been missing for a week, then our neighbor all of a sudden found him outta nowhere, he had talked to my father, i dont remember if my father ended up giving him 20 bucks as a reward or what, but i was just happy to have our cat back.

I laugh when people say, its just an animal, how come they treat that animal just like a human, animals have no souls, they cannot feel love, or have feelings. Its my belief, that, in fact animals where put here on this planet, to be a source of everlasting, unconditional love for us, they are always there for us, they dont speak our language, but they are an example of how love can transcend words and all else, they show us that love is about trust, its about caring, its about actions, its about nurturing,, not ever had we said the words I love you, in a way in which our cat can understand, of course,, but it was the fact that we fed him when he was hungry, we petted him when he was happy, we cared for him when he was sick, these are the things that developed the close bond between pet and human, between soul and soul, could have god put us on earth partly to learn how to love, to learn how to bond, in a way that is beyond words, and superficialities? What is it that our pets can teach us? Our pets can learn to love, without even have spoken, can we know that God loves us? Can we apprecaite the things in our lives, can we appreciate the blessings in our lives, in a way that to remember our Father and Mother in heaven loves us, or our earthly Father and Mother as well, what is it that has been given to you in your life, what is it that we are forgetting to be thankful for, thank you for this life, thank you for our pets, thank you for my ability to care and love, when so many others are feeling empty, thank you for my ability to learn each day, to learn to love more. Thank you God for the love that has been given to me, the love you pour through the souls of the hug of my mother and father. And the unconditional godly love of an animal sitting on our laps.
in2_wishin

Number of posts : 18
Appreciation Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Back to top Go down

Love for your pets! Empty I have three mini Dashounds

Post by Wind-Dancer December 27th 2008, 8:16 pm

my dogs are so comical. I have two males and a female. The males are Mister Red because he acts like an old man. He doesnt ever hurry. My other male is Houdini because he is an escape artist.My female is Miss Wiggles because shes never still.Wiggles and Houdini run laps around the living room and dining room every morning. They do this for about twenty or thirty minutes while mister Red watches lol.My dogs are so cute and they love me and i love them. They keep me entertained.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 December 28th 2008, 10:59 am

hi animal lovers everywhere,I read the posts from dog lovers,cat lovers, now i want to tell you about my yellow napped amazon. I got him about 3 years ago from my daughter and son in law. They paid 1500 dollars for him in the pet store plus 500 dollars for his cage. they both got tired of all the noise and mess he made. cleaning up after him got to much for them,so they gave him to me,oh by the way his name is Shammy . he has been the joy of my life.They taught him a few words,and i taught him more.He can say hello pretty bird,how are you,what are you doing,I love you,and he calls the kids names,Michael,Christina,Enis,Chrissy. I change his papers and give him food and water everyday. I don't mind doing these things everyday.Plus he eats everything well almost everything that i eat i feed him by hand.Shammy is so fresh sometimes,i can't trust him with strangers because he bites.He loves me he sits on my arm or shoulder on and off all day long walking around the house or we sit and watch T.V. My son takes him in the shower with him once a week. He loves that my son says he opens up his wings and squakes.When he comes out of the shower i tell him how beautiful his green feathers are and he gets so excited and squakes in his bird language.He is so loving toward me he kisses me and protects me.My son will pretend to hit me and shammy gets so mad and runs down my arm to attack him it is so funny and he squakes in his bird talk at michael. I love shammy very much. parrot lover100 by for now.
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being December 29th 2008, 10:51 pm

You have so much Love for Life in2_wishin, God is in you! I can feel calmness, gratefulness, Humbleness and Love through your words.

in2_wishin wrote:Its my belief, that, in fact animals where put here on this planet, to be a source of everlasting, unconditional love for us, they are always there for us, they dont speak our language, but they are an example of how love can transcend words and all else, they show us that love is about trust, its about caring, its about actions, its about nurturing,, not ever had we said the words I love you, in a way in which our cat can understand, of course,, but it was the fact that we fed him when he was hungry, we petted him when he was happy, we cared for him when he was sick, these are the things that developed the close bond between pet and human, between soul and soul, could have god put us on earth partly to learn how to love, to learn how to bond, in a way that is beyond words, and superficialities?

Absolutely you have said it all, Our pets depend on us and in return they give us Love, they comfort us, there were times during my years growing up, some of my pets would sense i was sick and cuddle up to me, and when they were sick i would pet them and keep them close to me. A bond certainly forms between ("Owner" for lack of a better word) and pets, i dont really like using the word owner, because i dont feel i own my pets we are both in each others life to Comfort, I think my Dog may be a guardian angel. Because she is so calm and Loving she loves keeping me company. Isn't Life Beautiful Smile Love kept friskie so Healthy I love you

wind-dancer wrote:Wiggles and Houdini run laps around the living room and dining room every morning. They do this for about twenty or thirty minutes while mister Red watches lol.My dogs are so cute and they love me and i love them. They keep me entertained.

Wind-Dancer How amazing pets are so smart, the fact that Mr Red just watches is very cool, i wonder what he would be thinking watching the other dogs just run Very Happy The energy our pets have at times. Happy pets = Happy people. There were times when my dog "Bella" would act really sneaky, i would leave the room that she would be in and then i would look back around the corner and Bella was about to get into the garbage, she knew she wasn't suppose to do this, and this is how i found out how smart animals really are. They are much smarter than people give them credit for. I actually believe that animals are just as smart as humans. Just because they do not have arms to create things with, but they have been known to use what God gave them (paws) in amazing ways. Mr Red run with the others Very Happy

parrotlover100 wrote:He loves me he sits on my arm or shoulder on and off all day long walking around the house or we sit and watch T.V. My son takes him in the shower with him once a week. He loves that my son says he opens up his wings and squakes.When he comes out of the shower i tell him how beautiful his green feathers are and he gets so excited and squakes in his bird language.He is so loving toward me he kisses me and protects me.My son will pretend to hit me and shammy gets so mad and runs down my arm to attack him it is so funny and he squakes in his bird talk at michael. I love shammy very much.

Hello Mom, everything above i know because i live in the same house with you Very Happy. I love you Mom, okay back to the post. I am so amazed at how Shammy is so affectionate when he gives you kisses on the cheek, i see a side of birds i have never seen. Shammy loves you very much, he needs you and you need him the bond between you two is strong. The words you used about Shammy getting excited and how he squawks
this was very touching. Yes i am in the house when i hear him do this, i guess i haven't observed fully but i will try to observe more closely. "God is Great!" Wouldn't it be nice to teach shammy to say that Very Happy

Pets become our companions for a lifetime. Each pet we Love become our Best Friend and never truly leave us.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum