Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Observing the external world - awareness

Go down

Observing the external world - awareness Empty Observing the external world - awareness

Post by Spirit-Being December 26th 2009, 7:46 am

I thought this would be a good start to the new year, this is one of the exercises i was taught in a course that i signed up for some time ago on self discovery.

Exercise: observing the external world - awareness

The technique is quite simple: just become aware of where you are and what you’re doing by paying attention to the information from the five senses. Look at the environment around you, hear the sounds, smell the aromas, notice your sense of touch, and so on. Become conscious of the present moment.

You’ll see that thoughts or emotions continually arise to distract you from this sense of awareness. When this happens, you need to continually bring yourself back to it, becoming aware of the five senses again and getting out of the daydream of the subconscious. Do this over and over throughout the day, trying to ground yourself in awareness as much as possible.

Happy Holidays

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum