Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life stages and exercise

+2
Spirit-Being
WhiteShaman
6 posters

Go down

Life stages and exercise Empty Life stages and exercise

Post by WhiteShaman January 4th 2010, 4:24 pm

I share:
As I come to realize more and more and deeper and deeper within that I am not my body, I have found a new interest in keeping my body in shape and am dedicated to working at that this year slowly but surely.
To “be” the best I can while I am here with what I have been blessed with!

I have gone through many stages in my life from weight lifting when I was a young man (to look good), to becoming so calm and peaceful within that I would do nothing physical, to realizing these days that if I continue to do nothing physically then my life experience will continue to be hindered by my new found weakness and tiredness all the time.
Interesting this life, isn’t it! Smiling Color

Peace and Happy New Year! SmallFlower
(Looking forward to posts on here)
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Life stages and exercise Empty Re: Life stages and exercise

Post by Spirit-Being January 4th 2010, 5:12 pm

Very good insight WhiteShaman Praise

It seems Balance is the key word here, exercise and stillness seems to compliment each other very well.

I would like to try practicing both and see where this leads.

Absolutely this life is very Interesting always something new right around the corner Angel-2

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 January 5th 2010, 5:32 am

WhiteShaman both you and SpiritualMuscle have so much enthusiasm and positiveness towards your bodies that it is rubbing off on me, sadly the last few years I have been neglecting my weight and need to start feeling positive about my self again, good health is so very important especially as you get older. After all, we only have the one body, we have the choice to look after it, or abuse it.

Tai-Chi is a good example of exercise and stillness that I have found in the past Spirit-Being.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman January 5th 2010, 8:45 am

Thanks Vanilla!
..speaking of “as you get older”, what I have found over the years is that stretching exercises such as yoga can give me the same good feeling that any of the more difficult exercises have to offer as I get older.
It seems the body likes to stretch and responds well to it.
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPIRITUALMUSCLE January 5th 2010, 8:57 am

Yes Yes!! this is good!! excellent white shaman on taking the steps to find your balance!! it is a daily remembering as well as experience!

I too strive daily for balance. My flexibilty is of concern to me. Over the years my body has stiffened from the positive "stress" Ive place on it.

I can say in my youth, the path to my "core" has been through fitness and exercise. In this state of physical appreciation, I naturally would go within and see where and how I could improve. Now I too see that I am NOT my body, but also realize that it is the Vehicle oh how I experience (phycially that is) my world around me.

I know there are people out there reading this...Join in...start journals...this fourm is very warm and loving. I have much knowledge to share as we all do....if not NOW, when?
SPIRITUALMUSCLE
SPIRITUALMUSCLE

Number of posts : 43
Appreciation Points : 56
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman January 5th 2010, 9:18 am

Thank you Spiritual Muscle, I too offer to anyone interested, my life experiences with any health and spiritual issues that I have been blessed to learn about over my 51 years and I look forward to your obvious vast experience to learn from as well. Nutrition and exercise has always been a side love of mine.
I am a big fan of the “concepts” behind The Zone diet and I can offer my core knowledge there to anyone who is interested. It really is simply about balance and eating the right foods and the glycemic index and most importantly, it works and can give you some great understanding on how the body works and stores and burns fat.
I don’t eat meat, fish or poultry, mostly as an act of compassion, even though good health is a byproduct, so I can also help by suggesting great recipes that I have gathered to anyone interested that keeps this type of eating exciting and delicious.
Peace and Blessings, Very Happy
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots January 5th 2010, 9:11 pm

getting a bit of a jog on is really good
your body jumps a bit up and down
really good for fat loss
and it's in the water....LOL Loves ... promises....LOL
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being January 6th 2010, 2:13 pm

Vanilla2 wrote:Tai-Chi is a good example of exercise and stillness that I have found in the past Spirit-Being.

Thank You Vanilla Jump in Love

I wasn't sure what Tai-Chi actually was although i have heard many people find balance through this practice. I looked it up and had this feeling that this is what i need in my life, it's something new that i have never tried before. Self Mastery is also something i have struggled to achieve, more commonly known as "self Discipline"

Setting a time each day will be a challenge, but what would life be if i didn't rise to the challenge. Something to motivate & inspire me. Like i said in previous posts you all are my Inspiration & Light i can feel it when ever i come here.

Thank You Friends Jump in Love

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Sunfire March 24th 2010, 8:05 pm

I do a combination .. i do the harder cardio stuff, running biking etc .. and i do a bit of muscle building, ( i am a 41 yr old woman and also a cancer survivor and i am a lightweight lol, so weights are a challenge for my mind as well as my body) and i also do what is called Body Balance class, which is a Les Mills class which focuses on yoga, thai chi, pilates and balance. We have a meditation at the end, and its beautiful.. .. its my fav class so i go as often as i can ..
I think the key to a healthy body, which promotes a healthy mind, is to enjoy what you do! If your not up for the running or the gym, go hiking, go to the beach and walk walk walk .. just enjoy any physical excercise, .. your heart, and mind will love you for it!
Peace <3
Lady Sunfire
Lady Sunfire

Female
Number of posts : 12
Hobbies : Yoga, painting, music, and just enjoying life in general
Appreciation Points : 20
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being March 25th 2010, 1:11 pm

As of late i have been somewhat isolated from people and being out in Nature, i have convinced myself of being depressed, which is the wrong mindset. I am usually more cheerful and i know what the cause is after reading your post Lady Sunfire. I must get up and start getting out more, some brisk walks will definitely help, i have been looking forward to planting a garden it's just not the right time as the air at night is still a bit chilly. Thank You for the wake up call.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Sunfire March 27th 2010, 8:35 am

ur more than welcome Smile
my son and i are planning a nature walk over the Easter break. It is coming into cooler weather here, and we are taking a packed lunch, and hitting the national park, camera in hand. Sometimes you just have to do "it" .. whatever "it" is.. a brisk walk, even if its for 15 to 20 minutes will help your mindset .. .. i wish you all the best spirit-being *hugs*
Lady Sunfire
Lady Sunfire

Female
Number of posts : 12
Hobbies : Yoga, painting, music, and just enjoying life in general
Appreciation Points : 20
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being March 29th 2010, 2:39 pm

Sounds great i hope you and your son have great time Very Happy

Thank You Lady Sunfire

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down