Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time :: A Non-Linear Approach

+2
WhiteShaman
liberatedsoul
6 posters

Go down

Time :: A Non-Linear Approach Empty Time :: A Non-Linear Approach

Post by liberatedsoul January 29th 2010, 9:43 pm

I have always found it intriguing that humans don't have a perfectly linear perception of time. Experiences have always seemed to move in a more circular way for me. I wrote a blog on it recently and was wondering what you guys thought...

http://www.baraka-bashad.com/2010/01/time-non-linear-approach.html
liberatedsoul
liberatedsoul

Male
Number of posts : 57
Appreciation Points : 109
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Back to top Go down

Time :: A Non-Linear Approach Empty Re: Time :: A Non-Linear Approach

Post by WhiteShaman February 1st 2010, 1:15 pm

Thanks for the blog Liberatedsoul!
My thoughts are that time itself is very cyclic such as depicted in a sine wave.
Up and down, moving forward but in the end it really is a circle
(like when you unfold a map of the circular world).
With that being said, I think the "presence" in us that incarnates as successive stages of limited mind presence is spiralling upward and out (as you described) of all this.
I also "think" it will do this forever!
Peace,
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind February 6th 2010, 10:12 am

Id have to agree " history repeats itself" is a good explination
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male
Number of posts : 272
Hobbies : Playing guitar, reading, self discovery,music, hiking, fishing, martial arts lots more
Tell us about yourself : Seeking to know more about myself, ourselves, and our connection to eatchother and the universe
Appreciation Points : 342
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being February 17th 2010, 3:37 pm

Amazingly the other day i was contemplating time, and what it actually is. I would like to say that many if not all of us, count our age by the rotation of the earth around the sun. I recently have not understood this. I have begun to see everyone in a different way than i used too. I have begun to move past age of a person, as i feel each one of us is moving up that spiral as you have said. I see in younger & older people the exact same thing, their spiritual essence. How many Illusions are there to see past? I call seeing past an Illusion as Waking up. Wonderful Blog once again, thank you.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrick April 15th 2010, 3:28 pm

I share your views on non-linear time concept and more of a circular event.

I conceive time as the everlasting now. The concept of time detailed below reflects many of my perceptions and resonates with me at different levels.

The Everlasting Now

There is a direct relationship between maturity and the unit of time consciousness in any given intellect. The time unit may be a day, a year, or a longer period, but inevitably it is the criterion by which the conscious self evaluates the circumstances of life, and by which the conceiving intellect measures and evaluates the facts of temporal existence.

Experience, wisdom, and judgement are the concomitants of the lengthening of the time unit in human experience. As the human mind reckons backward into the past, it is evaluating past experience for the purpose of bringing it to bear on a present situation. As mind reaches out into the future, it is attempting to evaluate the future significance of possible action. And having thus reckoned with both experience and wisdom, the human will exercises judgement-decision in the present, and the plan of action thus born of the past and the future becomes existent.

In the maturity of the developing self, the past and future are brought together to illuminate the true meaning of the present. As the self matures, it reaches further and further back into the past for experience, while its wisdom forecasts seek to penetrate deeper and deeper into the unknown future. And as the conceiving self extends this reach ever further into both past and future, so does judgement become less and less dependent on the momentary present. In this way does decision-action begin to escape from the fetters of the moving present, while it begins to take on the aspects of past-future significance.

Patience is exercised by those individuals whose time units are short; true maturity transcends patience by a forbearance born of real understanding.

To become mature is to live more intensely in the present, at the same time escaping from the limitations of the present. The plans of maturity, founded on past experience, are coming into being in the present in such a manner as to enhance the values of the future.

The time unit of immaturity concentrates meaning-value into the present moment in such a way as to divorce the present of its true relationship to the not-present - the past-future. The time unit of maturity is proportioned so to reveal the co-ordinate relationship of the past-present-future that the self begins to gain insight into the wholeness of events, begins to view the landscape of time from the panoramic perspective of broadened horizons, begins perhaps to suspect the nonbeginning, nonending eternal continuum, the fragments of which are called time.

So time is rationalized as the stream of flowing events perceived by creature consciousness. Time is a name given to the succession-arrangements whereby events are recognized and segregated. The universe of space is a time-related phenomenon as it is viewed from any interior position outside of the fixed centre of the universe. The human personality is the only physically related reality which can transcend the material sequence of temporal events.

Because of his sectional and circumscribed view, to man time appears as a succession of events; but as man ascends, as he progresses inward, the enlarging view of this event procession is such that it is discerned more and more in its wholeness. That which formerly appeared as a succession of events then will be viewed as a whole and perfectly related cycle; in this way will circular simultaneity increasingly displace the onetime consciousness of the linear sequence of events.

Be Well
Elrick
Elrick
Elrick
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 120
Appreciation Points : 197
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being April 16th 2010, 10:50 am

Enjoyed reading your view on Time Elrick, Very Interesting & Thought Provoking Very Happy i will need some time for my brain to organize what i read in hopes of a greater understanding of Time itself & how it affects daily Life for all.

As i read your post Elrick, i felt strongly that i needed to share a experience i went through yesterday regarding Time.

I was in the kitchen, it was between 11 am - 12 pm, i opened up the refrigerator & the Light was off, so immediately i looked over at the digital clock on the stove, it was also off. The power had gone out in our neighborhood. I was happy no clock to look at, i hoped the power would stay off for a while, i felt much more free. I did think about the food spoiling in the refrigerator, but if it came down to it i would do the best i could to preserve it, But either way i was not worried, i enjoyed the quietness that electricity does not provide, the fridge was not humming anymore, and the electrical lines were quiet, nothing going through them. This was truly enjoyable, i then thought about the day all power would cease to exist, no clocks anymore other than the sun, stars, & moon to guide us.

That day i worked in the garden, hoping that one day the quiet sound of everything would be heard once again. There is a sound in quietness that is not heard often for me, but when i can hear the quietness i relish in it. Time ceases to exist in these moments.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic December 22nd 2011, 11:58 am

Elrick wrote:Because of his sectional and circumscribed view, to man time appears as a
succession of events; but as man ascends, as he progresses inward, the
enlarging view of this event procession is such that it is discerned
more and more in its wholeness. That which formerly appeared as a
succession of events then will be viewed as a whole and perfectly
related cycle; in this way will circular simultaneity increasingly
displace the onetime consciousness of the linear sequence of events.

Well said Elrick.
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic April 11th 2012, 2:54 pm

Elrick wrote:I share your views on non-linear time concept and more of a circular event.

I conceive time as the everlasting now. The concept of time detailed below reflects many of my perceptions and resonates with me at different levels.

The Everlasting Now

There is a direct relationship between maturity and the unit of time consciousness in any given intellect. The time unit may be a day, a year, or a longer period, but inevitably it is the criterion by which the conscious self evaluates the circumstances of life, and by which the conceiving intellect measures and evaluates the facts of temporal existence.

Experience, wisdom, and judgement are the concomitants of the lengthening of the time unit in human experience. As the human mind reckons backward into the past, it is evaluating past experience for the purpose of bringing it to bear on a present situation. As mind reaches out into the future, it is attempting to evaluate the future significance of possible action. And having thus reckoned with both experience and wisdom, the human will exercises judgement-decision in the present, and the plan of action thus born of the past and the future becomes existent.

In the maturity of the developing self, the past and future are brought together to illuminate the true meaning of the present. As the self matures, it reaches further and further back into the past for experience, while its wisdom forecasts seek to penetrate deeper and deeper into the unknown future. And as the conceiving self extends this reach ever further into both past and future, so does judgement become less and less dependent on the momentary present. In this way does decision-action begin to escape from the fetters of the moving present, while it begins to take on the aspects of past-future significance.

Patience is exercised by those individuals whose time units are short; true maturity transcends patience by a forbearance born of real understanding.

To become mature is to live more intensely in the present, at the same time escaping from the limitations of the present. The plans of maturity, founded on past experience, are coming into being in the present in such a manner as to enhance the values of the future.

The time unit of immaturity concentrates meaning-value into the present moment in such a way as to divorce the present of its true relationship to the not-present - the past-future. The time unit of maturity is proportioned so to reveal the co-ordinate relationship of the past-present-future that the self begins to gain insight into the wholeness of events, begins to view the landscape of time from the panoramic perspective of broadened horizons, begins perhaps to suspect the nonbeginning, nonending eternal continuum, the fragments of which are called time.

So time is rationalized as the stream of flowing events perceived by creature consciousness. Time is a name given to the succession-arrangements whereby events are recognized and segregated. The universe of space is a time-related phenomenon as it is viewed from any interior position outside of the fixed centre of the universe. The human personality is the only physically related reality which can transcend the material sequence of temporal events.

Because of his sectional and circumscribed view, to man time appears as a succession of events; but as man ascends, as he progresses inward, the enlarging view of this event procession is such that it is discerned more and more in its wholeness. That which formerly appeared as a succession of events then will be viewed as a whole and perfectly related cycle; in this way will circular simultaneity increasingly displace the onetime consciousness of the linear sequence of events.

Be Well
Elrick

And again i have to comment: "No one in the history of humankind, who has ever attempted to put into words what you have put into words, has ever done it more profoundly. In the language of a physicist comes the perfect understanding of the relationship between Self and time. Nobody is in your weight class Elrick Smile .
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down