Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabindranth Tagore

2 posters

Go down

Rabindranth Tagore Empty Rabindranth Tagore

Post by Manchester June 22nd 2011, 10:42 am

I find the words of Rabindranth Tagore to be full of wisdom and beauty. So I'm going to post a few of his quotes here.

"Facts are many, but the truth is one."

"He who wants to do good knocks at the gate; he who loves finds the gate open."

"Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom."

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation."

"The newer people, of this modern age, are more eager to amass than to realize."

"To be outspoken is easy when you do not wait to speak the complete truth."

"Beauty is in the ideal of perfect harmony which is in the universal being; truth the perfect comprehension of the universal mind."

"Children are living beings - more living than grown-up people who have built shells of habit around themselves. Therefore it is absolutely necessary for their mental health and development that they should not have mere schools for their lessons, but a world whose guiding spirit is personal love."

"Gross utility kills beauty. We now have all over the world huge production of things, huge organizations, huge administrations of empire - all obstructing the path of life. Civilization is waiting for a great consummation, for an expression of its soul in beauty. This must be your contribution to the world."

"In love all the contradiction of existence merge themselves and are lost. Only in love are unity and duality not at variance. Love must be one and two at the same time. Only love is motion and rest in one. Our heart ever changes its place till it finds love, and then it has its rest."

"Religion, like poetry, is not a mere idea, it is expression. The self-expression of God is in the endless variety of creation; and our attitude toward the Infinite Being must also in its expression have a variety of individuality ceaseless and unending. Those sects which jealously build their boundaries with too rigid creeds excluding all spontaneous movement of the living spirit may hoard their theology but they kill religion."

That's all I have for now. I will have to continue my admiration another time. Peace and love to you.
Manchester
Manchester

Number of posts : 29
Hobbies : reading, traveling and yoga
Tell us about yourself : i'm on a mission to ascend, not religiously but spiritually. i want my body to be fuller of light, my mind to be open to all wisdom of this earth and beyond, and my soul to travel up dimensions to bring me enlightened knowledge.
Appreciation Points : 48
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Rabindranth Tagore Empty Re: Rabindranth Tagore

Post by Spirit-Being July 19th 2011, 4:39 pm

Wonderful Quotes Manchester Loves

This one stood out to me.

Manchester wrote:"Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom."

~Rabindranth Tagore~

Thanks for sharing

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum