Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reincarnation Vs. Transmigration

3 posters

Go down

Reincarnation Vs. Transmigration Empty Reincarnation Vs. Transmigration

Post by bhagavandas March 10th 2013, 11:38 pm

There's a difference between reincarnation and transmigration. Reincarnation teaches that one comes back as a human only. Transmigration teaches that you may come back as a pig, or a goat, ect.
Christian Spiritualists and Spiritists tend to believe in reincarnation. Most hindus / Vaishnavas believe in transmigration.
What do you think? I can understand the Spiritualist and Spiritist view, as I've attended Spiritualist churches and have read all of Alan Kardec's books. Reincarnation makes sense.
BUT, I think that the Vedic Scriptures have a lot of weight behind them in authenticity.
I'm curious how others look upon the two similar, but different ways of thinking.
bhagavandas
bhagavandas

Male
Number of posts : 104
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Reincarnation Vs. Transmigration Empty Re: Reincarnation Vs. Transmigration

Post by Guest March 11th 2013, 2:35 am

Dear Mike,
I accept the possibility of reincarnation,but not as a
set rule,more as a soul need.
Transmigration,I do not see that is possible or logical.
To tell people they will return as a cockroach for some
misdeed strikes me as priests trying out control tactics
on simple people.
The human soul is hugely complex and to think such a complexity could
fit in a cockroach is hard to accept.
Any way others are welcome to differ.
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom March 11th 2013, 5:29 am

Now I have heard or read about transmigration before,Mike.

Wasn't quite sure about this subject before but looked up on the net and do tend to believe that we can return as animals but not half way through our several reincarnations.

I read that at the beginning of our first reincarnation,we can be reincarnated as an animal.
In other words we start at the beginning of physical reincarnation as a lower species.

We then progress to a human physical body. Learning the lessons of humanity.

We progress until our last life not only on earth but on various other planets until we learn about the universes which abound in space.
Then we join with God.

Joan
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas March 11th 2013, 10:55 am

Hi Joan,
You have a similar understanding to me. It's my understanding that the general rule is thus: we start at the bottom and progress upwards. The human body is a special gift, as it's in the human body that we have a concept of God; it's in the human body that we have the understanding of right and wrong; it's in the human body that we create karma. So, it's in this human body that it's imperative to get out of the cycle of reincarnation.
Aussiepom wrote:Now I have heard or read about transmigration before,Mike.

Wasn't quite sure about this subject before but looked up on the net and do tend to believe that we can return as animals but not half way through our several reincarnations.

I read that at the beginning of our first reincarnation,we can be reincarnated as an animal.
In other words we start at the beginning of physical reincarnation as a lower species.

We then progress to a human physical body. Learning the lessons of humanity.

We progress until our last life not only on earth but on various other planets until we learn about the universes which abound in space.
Then we join with God.

Joan
bhagavandas
bhagavandas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas March 11th 2013, 11:04 am

Well, I've accepted transmigration most of my life. Ever since I was a young man I've tended to believe that we at least started from the bottom and moved our way up the evolutionary ladder to the human body.
I'm sure that some priests do use the doctrine of transmigration as a scare tactic. Like the Christian priests and preachers who use hell as a scare tactic! I myself have told someone before "You shouldn't eat that hamburger; you'll come back as a cow and be slaughtered yourself." However, I do seriously mean it!
Anyways, I tend to believe in the Spiritist Doctrine on reincarnation, where we move from the 'lower' forms of life to the upper forms of life. I'd think that once we reach the human form, we tend to stay in the human form.
I think that the major difference between the Spiritist Doctrine and Transmigration is this: Spiritism says that once you are in the human body, you don't go back to a lower incarnation. Transmigration teaches that once you are in the human body, you can still slip back into the lower realms of incarnation (plant, animal, ect.)
The Spiritist doctrine sounds more comforting. However, I tend to believe in transmigration.
But, both sets of belief are logical to me, personally, and neither one offends me. I think they are both similar in teaching, and that they both ring true.
The major thing to remember is this: one should live life in such a way that they don't need to worry about even incarnating; one should live life so that they go back to God, in the Spiritual Sky.
skfarblum wrote:Dear Mike,
I accept the possibility of reincarnation,but not as a
set rule,more as a soul need.
Transmigration,I do not see that is possible or logical.
To tell people they will return as a cockroach for some
misdeed strikes me as priests trying out control tactics
on simple people.
The human soul is hugely complex and to think such a complexity could
fit in a cockroach is hard to accept.
Any way others are welcome to differ.
Stephen
bhagavandas
bhagavandas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 11th 2013, 11:16 am

Dear All,
When reading the teachings of the Invisibles in the Stewart White books they do
agree with Mike and Joan.However there is another teaching that puts forward the idea
that there are souls who came to earth completely mature and it was their job to help
the evolving souls to achieve maturity.They did this by joining to the more developed
evolving souls to help them evolve.Thus rose the idea of the so called "animal and divine souls"
in one human.
I still am far from set in my ideas on the origin of souls and I am open to the idea
that souls have multiple origins.There is of course the question if God has created
only a fixed number of souls and if these are constantly recycling in different forms through out
the entire creation not just our universe.
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom March 11th 2013, 3:08 pm

You are correct in what you say,Stephen. Old souls or mature souls do not start from the bottom again. They come in to live their last lives as adults.

Shall we say to learn the final lessons before they can reach the last plane and then join God.

Joan
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurus20 March 11th 2013, 4:09 pm

Aussiepom wrote:You are correct in what you say,Stephen. Old souls or mature souls do not start from the bottom again. They come in to live their last lives as adults.

Shall we say to learn the final lessons before they can reach the last plane and then join God.

Joan

Yes I believe that, but as far as trasmigration, I really don't know much about that. Is there a specific book I can read to learn about it. This is sure a learning process since it all began. I know we are learning new things about our spiritual beings daily. I am confused when they talk about animals being a lower level. What I have learned about spiritualism and animals is they are held in high regard so much so they stay with God and do not return to earth. All our pets from many past lives are waiting everytimd we return to the other side.
When I think of levels as related to sp;iritualism I think of the levels where souls who have not progessed and learned their lessons on earth go to and stay until they have to opportunity to learn and progress higher up or return and try again. Reincarnation Vs. Transmigration 12339Reincarnation Vs. Transmigration 5738
Taurus20
Taurus20

Female
Number of posts : 356
Hobbies : Meditation,reading, swimming,dancing and having fun .
Tell us about yourself : Looking for like minded people to connect with while on this spiritual journey.
Appreciation Points : 469
Registration date : 2013-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas March 11th 2013, 8:00 pm

Hi Taurus20,
When I say that animals are on a lower level, I don't mean that their spirits are different than ours. It's just my way of saying that they are not in the human form. I should probably come up with a better way of speaking. The spirit of an animal, IMO has the same origin as the human spirit. It's just that animals are experiencing the results of their karma.
If you want, send me a message and I'll mail you a book on the subject of transmigration. I don't mind doing this. And please don't worry about the cost of the book and the shipping.
Mike'
Taurus20 wrote:
Aussiepom wrote:You are correct in what you say,Stephen. Old souls or mature souls do not start from the bottom again. They come in to live their last lives as adults.

Joan

Yes I believe that, but as far as trasmigration, I really don't know much about that. Is there a specific book I can read to learn about it. This is sure a learning process since it all began. I know we are learning new things about our spiritual beings daily. I am confused when they talk about animals being a lower level. What I have learned about spiritualism and animals is they are held in high regard so much so they stay with God and do not return to earth. All our pets from many past lives are waiting everytimd we return to the other side.
When I think of levels as related to sp;iritualism I think of the levels where souls who have not progessed and learned their lessons on earth go to and stay until they have to opportunity to learn and progress higher up or return and try again. Reincarnation Vs. Transmigration 12339Reincarnation Vs. Transmigration 5738
bhagavandas
bhagavandas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom March 12th 2013, 7:53 am

Taurus20 wrote:

Joan

I cannot think of one such book at the moment,Katt.
If you enter into the internet what you are looking for here,it should give which books to help you.
Thumb

Joan xx
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum