Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curried Cabbage and Potatoes

Go down

Curried Cabbage and Potatoes Empty Curried Cabbage and Potatoes

Post by bhagavandas March 22nd 2013, 8:04 pm

CURRIED CABBAGE & POTATOES
*1 lb. 4 oz of WORTHINGTON brand CHOPLETS, drained and cubed.(choplets are a vegetarian meat, and can be found in most grocery stores. You may need to ask where they are located. They are much cheaper to buy at the Adventist Book Centers, aka ABC Stores).
*1/2 medium cabbage, sliced thin.
*4 medium potatoes (I use russets) peeled & cubed.
* 1 cup hot water.
... *2 TB curry powder.
*1 TB salt.
*Vegetable oil.
*1/2 cup of Reserve water.
*White rice (four cups).
Drain and cube the choplets, and set aside.
Slice the cabbage (set aside).
Peel and cube the potatoes (set aside).
Mix the 2 TB of curry powder with the 1 cup of hot water (set aside).
Heat approx. 4 TB vegetable in a large skillet (preferably a copper bottomed fry pan).
Place the cubed CHOPLETS in the hot oil, and on MODERATE heat, brown the choplets.
Add the curry mixture to the choplets and hot oil.
Add the salt.
Add the cabbage to the hot oil and curry paste and mix well. Let the cabbage cook on moderate heat until the cabbage is wilted. At this point you also want to add the 1/2 cup of reserve water, as the mixture might be getting too dry. If you add water at this point, you shouldn't have to add anymore hereafter.
Add the cubed potatoes and mix well. Lower the heat to simmer, and cover the curried vegetables. Cook on simmer for 20 minutes, stirring well a few times during the cooking process.
Serve the curried vegetable over rice.

Last edited by bhagavandas on March 22nd 2013, 11:56 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot some ingredients!)
bhagavandas
bhagavandas

Male
Number of posts : 104
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum