Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Violence

3 posters

Go down

Violence Empty Violence

Post by Guest August 4th 2013, 1:28 am

Bring on the cool weather — climate change is predicted to cause extreme weather, more intense storms, more frequent floods and droughts, but could it also cause us to be more violent with one another? A new study from scientists in the US controversially draws a link between increased rates of domestic violence, assault and other violent crimes and a warming climate.

That conflict could be a major result of global warming has long been accepted. As climate change makes vulnerable parts of the world more susceptible to weather-related problems, people move from an afflicted region to neighbouring areas, bringing them into conflict with the existing populations. That pattern has been evident around the world, and experts have even posited that conflicts such as Darfur should be regarded as climate related. But the authors of the study, published in the peer review journal Science, have departed from such examples to look closely at patterns of violence in Brazil, China, Germany and the US.

The authors suggest that even a small increase in average temperatures or unusual weather can spark violent behaviour. They found an increase in reports of domestic violence in India and Australia at times of drought; land invasions in Brazil linked to poor weather; and more controversially, a rise in the number of assaults and murders in the US and Tanzania.

. . . The underlying reasons could run from increased economic hardship as harvests fail or droughts bite, to the physiological effects of hot weather.

– Fiona Harvey, “Climate change linked to violent behavior,” The Guardian,

Back to top Go down

Violence Empty Re: Violence

Post by laura ann August 4th 2013, 3:37 am

We I believe create some of this weather via our spiritual practices.

When we send healing to another... it is traveling through time and space and displacing  the energy around this.. this in turn creates the ripple effect ... the butterfly effect. Which in turn is displacing  the next thing.

If several are sending around the globe then eventually they collide the  displaced air which shatters into hurricanes or conjoins to become tornados etc.etc etc

Of course it causes emotional reactions.

Aren't you almost giddy on the first  beautiful spring morning. Doesn't your heart  and mood lighten.
Weather effects everyone into good moods, bad moods, dangerous moods.
Each reaction  causes a reaction  in us and around us.
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 4th 2013, 3:45 am

Yes indeed.The butterfly effect

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom August 4th 2013, 6:00 am

Yes,have heard of this,Stephen.    
Children become cranky with too much heat.    Even myself here in the UK,when late evening approaches I feel I have had too much heat.     I want the day to end so I can feel more comfortable.   My favourite time of the day is early morning.
Hot or cold,I open my back door and stand there for awhile enjoying the fresh air whether it is freezing or not.

Very Happy 

Joan
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mia August 4th 2013, 1:39 pm

I agree heat does make folk less tolerant and of course drought, poor crops etc cause worry and stress, leading to frayed tempers.

I would not have thought about healing energy causing havoc in the skies .....
Maybe asking it not to before sending?
mia
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 983
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1363
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down