Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auras

+4
laura ann
Galatea
Dreamer
Spirit-Being
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Auras Empty Auras

Post by Spirit-Being March 9th 2009, 7:46 pm

Auras AAuras UAuras RAuras A
How to see auras and subtle energy movement

What is an aura?
The atmosphere is charged with positive and negative ions, and everything gives off life energy, ie electricity, in some amount. Your body, being alive, is particularly charged with this life energy. The aura is the electromagnetic field which surrounds your entire body. The aura is constantly changing colour and pattern, as you change your thoughts, emotions and actions.

Can I see it?
Everyone sees auras all the time, the only difficulty is in accepting that this is actually happening. Auras can be felt physically, and have a measurable electromagnetic existence. It has been described as halo of light, an energy movement similar to millions of ants on an ant heap or the rippling of water on a lake, a band of light... The more books and texts you read on auras, the more interpretations and ideas you will find. Everybody sees auras differently and there is no "right" or "wrong" way to see an aura.
How can I see it?
To practice seeing auras, get a friend or family member who is open-minded and willing to help to stand against a pale coloured plain wall - cream colour is often said to work best. Alternatively, you could use a large mirror and stand in front of it yourself. The lighting should be medium, preferably fluorescent light if possible, but normal electric bulbs will work fine too. Direct sunlight is too bright and total darkness will not work either, although when you are expereinced you will be able to see auras under any conditions. Half a dozen candles spaced around the room work well. Stand or sit comfortably six to fifteen feet away from the person, or the mirror.

Look beside the head - 2-6 inches to the left or the right and defocus your eyes. Move the point of focus a few inches further away sideways and then back and forth, slowly. Experiment. Because everybody is different, nobody will be able to explain to you exactly how to do it. You are looking for a change in the light level around the person's head. There is a band of mostly white light 2 to 4 inches around people as the first layer of the aura, the etheric body. This is the easiest to see and the other layers extend out like layers of an onion. It is important to remain detached and objective. The trick is to be able to accept what you are seeing and not dismiss it as something you are making up.

You can also place a heater in front of the wall and try to see the heat waves, or try to see the wind (not the effect of the wind) blowing outside.

Don't get anxious if what you see is different, as everyone's experiences differ somewhat. Likewise, it is probable that it will take you quite a few times of practice before you begin to gain any results. If you are dedicated, determined and patient, you will see auras.

Seeing auras works best with high energy focused people, as they have the brightest energy radiation and are crisper in the arrangement of their patterns. The aura is a more complete description of a person. It contains information concerning the entirety of that being. Understanding this information can be difficult as it is not necesarily in a format which we understand. I think that it is best to combine an instinctive approach with empirical methods when interpreting energy forms viewed. The colours of the aura correspond in meaning the the colours of the chakras, but this is not a complete interpretation.

Experience is the best teacher.

Since there was no topic here i thought i would add something i read on the web that i find very interesting. Remember you can explore this subject and find many intersting articles about auras. Each one of us can gain knowledge when we decide to seek it.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Auras Empty Re: Auras

Post by Dreamer March 9th 2009, 8:14 pm

Maybe I will post this here as well :
from
http://www.reiki-for-holistic-health.com/auracolormeanings.html

AURA COLOR MEANINGS
RED AURA COLOR: Relates to the physical body, heart or circulation. The densest color, it creates the most friction. Friction attracts or repels; money worries or obsessions; anger or unforgiveness; anxiety or nervousness

Deep Red: Grounded, realistic, active, strong will-power, survival-oriented.

Muddied red: Anger (repelling)

Clear red: Powerful, energetic, competitive, sexual, passionate

Pink-bright and light: Loving, tender, sensitive, sensual, artistic, affection, purity, compassion; new or revieved romantic relationship. Can indicate clairaudience.

Dark and murky pink: Immature and/or dishonest nature

Orange Red: Confidence, creative power

In a good, bright and pure state, red energy can serve as a healthy ego.

ORANGE AURA COLOR: Relates to reproductive organs and emotions. The color of vitality, vigor, good health and excitement. Lots of energy and stamina, creative, productive, adventurous, courageous, outgoing social nature; currently experiencing stress related to apetites and addictions;

Orange-Yellow: Creative, intelligent, detail oriented, perfectionist, scientific.

YELLOW AURA COLOR: Relates to the spleen and life energy. It is the color of awakening, inspiration, intelligence and action shared, creative, playful, optimistic, easy-going.

Light or pale yellow: Emerging psychic and spiritual awareness; optimism and hopefulness; positive excitement about new ideas.

Bright lemon-yellow: Struggling to maintain power and control in a personal or business relationship; fear of losing control, prestige, respect, and/or power.

Clear gold metallic, shiny and bright: Spiritual energy and power activated and awakened; an inspired person.

Dark brownish yellow or gold: A student, or one who is straining at studying; overly analitical to the point of feeling fatigued or stressed; trying to make up for "lost time" by learning everything all at once.

GREEN AURA COLOR: Relates to heart and lungs. It is a very comfortable, healthy color of nature. When seen in the aura this usually represents growth and balance, and most of all, something that leads to change. Love of people, animals, nature; teacher; social

Bright emerald green: A healer, also a love-centered person

Yellow-Green: Creative with heart, communicative

Dark or muddy forest green: Jealousy, resentment, feeling like a victim of the world; blaming self or others; insecurity and low self-esteem; lack of understanding personal responsibility; sensitive to perceived criticism

Turquoise: Relates to the immune system. Sensitive, compassionate, healer, therapist.

BLUE AURA COLOR: Relates to the throat, thyroid. Cool, calm, and collected. Caring, loving, love to help others, sensitive, intuitive.

Soft blue: Peacefulness, clarity and communication; truthful; intuitive

Bright royal blue: Clairvoyant; highly spiritual nature; generous; on the right path; new opportunities are coming

Dark or muddy blue: Fear of the future; fear of self-expression; fear of facing or speaking the truth

INDIGO AURA COLOR: Relates to the third eye, visual and pituitary gland. Intuitive, sensitive, deep feeling.

VIOLET AURA COLOR: Relates to crown, pineal gland and nervous system. The most sensitive and wisest of colors. This is the intuitive color in the aura, and reveals psychic power of attunement with self. Intuitive, visionary, futuristic, idealistic, artistic, magical.

LAVENDER AURA COLOR: Imagination, visionary, daydreamer, etheric.

SILVER AURA COLOR: This is the color of abundance, both spiritual and physical. Lots of bright silver can reflect to plenty of money, and/or awakening of the cosmic mind.

Bright metallic silver: Receptive to new ideas; intuitive; nurturing

Dark and muddy gray: Residue of fear is accumulating in the body, with a potential for health problems, especially if gray clusters seen in specific areas of the body

GOLD AURA COLOR: The color of enlightenment and divine protection. When seen within the aura, it says that the person is being guided by their highest good. It is divine guidance. Protection, wisdom, inner knowledge, spiritual mind, intuitive thinker.

BLACK AURA COLOR: Draws or pulls energy to it and in so doing, transforms it. It captures light and consumes it. Usually indicates long-term unforgiveness (toward others or another) collected in a specific area of the body, which can lead to health problems; also, entitities within a person's aura, chakras, or body; past life hurts; unreleased grief from abortions if it appears in the ovaries

WHITE AURA COLOR: Reflects other energy. A pure state of light. Often represents a new, not yet designated energy in the aura. Spiritual, etheric and non-physical qualities, transcendent, higher dimensions. Purity and truth; angelic qualities.

White sparkles or flashes of white light: angels are nearby; can indicate that the person is pregnant or will be soon

EARTH AURA COLORS: Soil, wood, mineral, plant. These colors display a love of the Earth, of being grounded and is seen in those who live and work on the outdoors....construction, farming, etc. These colors are important and are a good sign.

RAINBOWS: Rainbow-colored stripes, sticking out like sunbeams from the hand, head or body: A Reiki healer, or a starperson (someone who is in the first incarnation on Earth)

PASTELS: A sensitive blend of light and color, more so than basic colors. Shows sensitivity and a need for serenity.

DIRTY BROWN OVERLAY: Holding on to energies. Insecurity.

DIRTY GRAY OVERLY: Blocking energies. Guardedness.
Dreamer
Dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 117
Appreciation Points : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Galatea March 12th 2009, 4:54 am

Nice! Just what I was looking for!

From the exercises I did with my spiritual group, one of the teachers pointed out that the other teacher (we were trying to see his aura but it was very hard) was in a state of being where he was vibrating high and that even she couldn't make out a lot of colors. She explained when someone is vibrating high, their aura is on a higher plane thus it is more clear than anything.

Compared to my friend, I'm not as visually inclined as she is in "seeing" the colors even though I want to be. One of the teachers explained that there are many ways to being aware of auras. There is actually seeing colors and patterns, then there is intuitively knowing (which is more up my ally), and one of the other students felt the patterns.

Felt like adding this!
Galatea

Female
Number of posts : 13
Hobbies : Reading, art, friends, Martial arts, swimming, roleplaying...
Tell us about yourself : Hello :) I'm currently in college and continuing my spiritual learning.
Appreciation Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being March 12th 2009, 6:42 pm

Wonderful Galatea

Galatea wrote:She explained when someone is vibrating high, their aura is on a higher plane thus it is more clear than anything.

I was fascinated by this and your teacher seems very knowledgeable, and being in a spiritual group is a Blessing. One night while i was searching things on the computer i came across a web site that explained how one could see their own aura. I have tried some exercises for seeing my own aura many times. I would stare in the mirror above my shoulder about a few inches away from my shoulder. I began seeing a whitish blue light wrapped around my shoulders and my head area. I found it amazing that i was actually able to see some form of energy. I too am not visually inclined in seeing the colors just as you are i go more on intuition as well.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 12th 2011, 7:59 pm

Wanted to share a Video i Found Inspiring.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann April 1st 2012, 5:19 pm

Try a simple method first

lay down a piece of white paper or use a white wall or door etc.

place your two index figers pointed together at each other with the white behind them as a background

Focus on the point where they meet.

Count to ten ..15...even 20 if you cant stay focused

now

slowly pull the two fingers apart

you should see your auric color or maybe even two colors one on top of the other very easily

keep practicing that and eventually you will see larger auras
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being April 1st 2012, 8:23 pm

Great advice Laura i may try this when i have some extra time, it's very simple and easy to follow, the best part is you can do this anywhere. The method i have used in the past was looking into the mirror. But i like this method and look forward to trying it. right now time to meditate....

~Love, Light, Blessings~
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Locus12 June 4th 2012, 8:53 am

Thanks everyone, I look forward to trying these methods.
Locus12
Locus12

Female
Number of posts : 3
Appreciation Points : 5
Registration date : 2012-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots June 6th 2012, 10:36 am

Sounds practical
Good advice.
: )
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart June 2nd 2013, 12:28 pm

That's a great video Spirit-Being...thanks for sharing
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Number of posts : 808
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 2nd 2013, 12:45 pm

I have never been into auras.I do feel people's emotions.
Is that the aura on a different level?
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart June 4th 2013, 2:01 am

Stephen: In Spirit-Being's post.............

The aura is constantly changing colour and pattern, as you change your thoughts, emotions and actions.

ORANGE AURA COLOR: Relates to reproductive organs and emotions.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 4th 2013, 2:14 am

Thanks Deb.

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart June 4th 2013, 2:19 am

You're welcome Stephen.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 9th 2013, 10:54 am

skfarblum wrote:I have never been into auras.I do feel people's emotions.
Is that the aura on a different level?
Stephen

Our body and mind give off electrical energies as a part of the physical and mental activity of life and also uses these energies to communicate within itself as a part of neural activity. Auras are the seeing of these energies as colors (and individuals can see different colors than other individuals), empathy is the feeling of these energies as feelings, and telepathy is the experiencing of these energies as mental thoughts. john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 9th 2013, 11:23 am

Thanks John.How reliable do you think all this is?
Although empathic I would not like to make this my
only judge of a persons character.
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 9th 2013, 11:41 am

skfarblum wrote:Thanks John.How reliable do you think all this is?
Although empathic I would not like to make this my
only judge of a persons character.
Stephen

Ah yes Smile  the ultimate question, "Reliability?" Based on my experience with this stuff, your are capturing a moment in time. And because one's minds state can change from moment to moment through time, one really needs to experience the other person over time a bit before they begin to judge the other person as to their normal mind state of being. Snap judgements are ok to start out with because sometimes you have to do that. But, one should always be aware that first judgements can be wrong and may have to be changed later. One does need to trust their gut feelings, but they also need to understand that over time these gut feelings may change as one gets to know the other person. Good question Stephen Smile. Love, john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 9th 2013, 11:57 am

Stephen I love your avatar picture Smile  it reeks of physical immortality and extended lifetimes. It is a complete meditation that activates everything Smile  physical! Love, john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 9th 2013, 12:25 pm

Nice sensible reply.I agree with you entirely.Be slow to judge anybody's behaviour.
That is a very interesting insight into my avatar.When I look at your tree avatar I see
the Tree of Life,Yggdrasil.Also I picture a great cavern beneath it's roots.
Funny though I see Isis there in the cavern.The Fae love Her.Is that a truth?.
I wonder.
Cheers
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 9th 2013, 9:41 pm

I enjoyed reading your replies John and Stephen.
Seems to me you both have a lot of experience.
Have you had it all your life?
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 10th 2013, 1:11 am

Dear Deb,
For myself ,yes all my life I have been called
to this inner world.It is what I call my soulscape.
It is populated with all sorts of beings living in
different geographies.Sometimes I dream myself
consciously there.Other times I am called to it.
In it I battle my deepest fears and anxieties .Also
I embrace my loves and joys.
Here I have met gods and goddesses.Devils and dragons
and just ordinary people.
I cannot say I understand all this but I have become a kinder
more caring person because of this ability.
Regards
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 10th 2013, 1:28 am

That's amazing Stephen. You and John are so full of wisdom; experience and just a delight to read you posts. When I read your possts I feel like I'm reading the text of a highly evolved spiritual beings. Sent here for the purpose of sharing the wisdom. But you are.....that is the purpose here.

You really have a connection.
Do you think you just remember your dreams of being in spirit better than the average bear? (human)

Glad I saw this before hitting the sack. I will contemplate on this amazing post.

Thanks for sharing Stephen.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 10th 2013, 1:47 am

Dear Deb,
I am just a very simple ordinary person.
A bit to introverted sometimes,but really
nothing special.
I am happy to share and I am happy that you can
take something from what I write.
Yes I do remember a fair amount of my dreams and
meditations.It does not mean I always understand but
usually overtime the "penny does drop" and I get some
understanding.
Dear Deb I deeply appreciate your kind words and this in my
opinion reflects your own kindness and the beautiful soul you
truly are.
Thanks
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 10th 2013, 12:00 pm

skfarblum wrote:Nice sensible reply.I agree with you entirely.Be slow to judge anybody's behaviour.
That is a very interesting insight into my avatar.When I look at your tree avatar I see
the Tree of Life,Yggdrasil.Also I picture a great cavern beneath it's roots.
Funny though I see Isis there in the cavern.The Fae love Her.Is that a truth?.
I wonder.
Cheers
Stephen

Well, based on my information originally Isis was Gaea (Greek) or Gaia (Celtic) and that over the centuries they changed the concept of her basically for political reasons. The original folks that moved into Egypt and eventually ruled it brought the "Fae" science and religion with them. Over the centuries the religion was changed and most of the science was lost. The origional Earth goddess in the "Fae" religion was also the "Tree of Life" and in the "Fae" religion there were no "snakes". Somewhere along the line the "snakes" came into the picture, but I do not really know where they came from. They seem to have come with the "Fae" knowledge as an offshoot of the "Crooked Staff" tradition/knowledge. The later Egyptians seemed to have dumped the tree and went over to the "snake" (the true male and female Kundalini tradition). Which is interesting Stephen because there seems to be a correlation between this and Genesis Smile  . And when St. Patric kicked the snakes out of Ireland what he did was kick the druids that practiced the male kundalini tradition (raising and controlling the snake) out of Ireland. My experience with the snake is that it results in "living power", but has not any heart. There is not any love in that tradition because the raising of the snake results in the same emotions that a snake has. Historically speaking they were not nice people and should have been hunted to extinction. In today's world the "snake" is still a part of the Raja yoga and Kriya yoga traditions.

In the "Fae" tradition, which is represented by the legend of the Unicorn, two crooked staffs (a crooked staff is a straight staff that has movement) were entwined and occupied the same place as the "center pillar" in the Kaballa tradition (that tradition uses a single straight staff for the center pillar). These two entwined crooked staffs were then brought forward from the center of the brain and out through the forehead to connect with the "Source" (the area that Sat Mat yoga attempts to wake up) which the Egyptians called "Ra". The snake folk bring the crooked staff in the form of a snake up through the "death zone", the area that is directly in front of the spinal column. It is called the death zone because when one dies their spirit becomes unattached to the root chakra and travels up through the area in front of the spinal column and then exits out through the pineal gland becoming a disembodied spirit. Which is also how true "out of body" (not astral traveling) experiences are done and why they can be dangerous if not done right.

Guys please forgive me for rambling on, but I have been working on sorting this stuff out for years and now I think that I have a finger on it Smile! Love you! john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 10th 2013, 12:49 pm

Dear John,
I have no problem with your "rambling".I find what you have written very interesting.
When I wrote what I did ,I had no knowledge of the history of Isis,Gaia and the Tree of Life.
I see a line or a path  running from the Tree of Life through to Sat Mat yoga.
It confirms very nicely for me that I fit the path I tread.If one does not fit the path
it will throw one off it.The path of course being one's own soul's image which is in growth,somewhat
like how the acorn grows to be oak tree.
So I am very grateful for this information.
Thanks ever so much
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum