Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Throw Away Your Buttons

3 posters

Go down

Throw Away Your Buttons Empty Throw Away Your Buttons

Post by tiger May 2nd 2009, 5:19 pm

Throw Away Your Buttons
Have you ever encountered someone who just pushes your buttons? Maybe they are arrogant or loud or obnoxious. They are just so aggravating, aren't they?

They are also wonderful teachers.

I recently encountered someone who was just relentless in pushing my ego button. His behavior was judgmental and arrogant. My ego immediately started putting thoughts into my head...I started thinking about what I could say that would take him down a notch or ten. I thought about how badly I could embarrass him.

And then I thought, "Wait a second, here's an opportunity."

So I smiled at him and said, "I want to thank you. You've pointed out a button that I need to throw away. May you be blessed." And I turned and walked away. I didn't notice the look on his face, but I could imagine it.

Of course, then my ego started patting me on the back and telling me what a wonderful and spiritual guy I am. It never lets up.

How do we love people whose behavior is so ugly? The only way I know is to let go of the ego and allow love to flow through us. When we see people through eyes that make no distinctions, we see them as God sees them. And we recognize that they are loved.

I am truly thankful for this man. He pointed out something that I needed to address. Was it fun being on the receiving end of his behavior? Nope. But hey, when I first learned to walk, I had to fall down a few times. I'm sure that wasn't fun, but walking beats crawling any day.
tiger
tiger

Male
Number of posts : 8
Tell us about yourself : I'm learning
Appreciation Points : 18
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Throw Away Your Buttons Empty Re: Throw Away Your Buttons

Post by Wind-Dancer May 2nd 2009, 9:08 pm

wow i know what you mean, i have met many people that did that to me in my lifetime. i have learned something from your post . usually i have to bite my tongue and try not to give into temptation and say something i regret anyway. thank you for the wonderful post i will be prepared the next time it happens to me.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being May 3rd 2009, 9:52 am

I tend to be arrogant, loud or obnoxious at times, as i was reading i saw a lot of this inside me i have met people out in the world that i did not feel comfortable to be around maybe it was their attitude or maybe it was me, but when i met these people i did not contemplate myself having many attitudes in the past. at that moment i would say to myself God i can't stand being around this person, but what i didn't realize is that someone may have said to themselves the exact same thing about me.

One of my friends used to love pushing my buttons and testing my faith, he said many things that i thought was trying to pull down my faith he even said one time "this is a test" this really upset me greatly, i thought who is he to test me. But what i realized is that when he tested my faith it was actually strengthening my faith in the long run. So i see that he was teaching me to be strong in my faith.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum