Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Matrix

4 posters

Go down

The Matrix Empty The Matrix

Post by 23luda23 June 20th 2009, 12:43 pm

Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work… when you go to church… when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.
Morpheus: I’m trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You’re the one that has to walk through it.
Morpheus: Free your mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neo: I know you’re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you’re afraid… you’re afraid of us. You’re afraid of change. I don’t know the future. I didn’t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it’s going to begin. I’m going to hang up this phone, and then I’m going to show these people what you don’t want them to see. I’m going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

The Matrix Empty Re: The Matrix

Post by Spirit-Being June 20th 2009, 4:42 pm

Very interesting Luda

luda wrote:Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work… when you go to church… when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.
Morpheus: I’m trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You’re the one that has to walk through it.
Morpheus: Free your mind.

This scene in the movie holds so much meaning,

freeing your mind.

Could he be talking about Non-Attachment to the physical realm?

Here is something i found that almost mirrors what Morpheus said

Yoga Sutras 1.12-1.16:

Two core principles: Practice (abhyasa, 1.13) and non-attachment (vairagya, 1.15) are the two core principles on which the entire system of Yoga rests (1.12). It is through the cultivation of these two that the other practices evolve, by which mastery over the mind field occurs (1.2), and allows the realization of the true Self (1.3).

1. Abhyasa/Practice: Abhyasa means having an attitude of persistent effort to attain and maintain a state of stable tranquility (1.13). To become well established, this needs to be done for a long time, without a break (1.14). From this stance the deeper practice continues to unfold, going ever deeper towards the direct experience of the eternal core of our being.

2. Vairagya/Non-attachment: The essential companion is non-attachment (1.15), learning to let go of the many attachments, aversions, fears, and false identities that are clouding the true Self.

I have seen the matrix a while back but at the time i was not open enough to understand the teachings the movie gave. Thanks for sharing this luda it is an eye opener. The next time i get a chance to watch this movie i will pay closer attention to details Shocked

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer June 20th 2009, 6:29 pm

Sounds like a great movie. Thanks for sharing.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 June 20th 2009, 11:15 pm

This is a truly amazing movie. There are many massages in it, some of them are put in action. I too watched that movie when it first come out but did not see what I see now. I had to watch it several times and every time there was something new. You are right Spirit-Being the message is non attachments, one can not truly see until it’s achieved. Also we can be attached to the ideas, believes or habits – these should be tested to see if they are beneficial or harmful. If harmful or serve no purposes, it should have no place in our minds. I am currently working on it and determined to walk trough that door.

23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being June 21st 2009, 12:59 pm

Amazing Video Luda i have had many thoughts about who i am and why sometimes i can be so miserable here on earth. I will not state what this video has shown me because i think it is up to each of us to interpret it for ourselves if they so choose. Ideas and concepts may be really hard for some to see as possible. All i know is i am truly grateful for sharing this video with us.

One thing i have noticed everytime some limitation/wall in me breaks down more light comes into my eyes, and i can begin to see more beauty around me.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 June 21st 2009, 1:44 pm

I never saw this movie as anything but a science fiction adventure.wow i'm gonna have to go back and see if i can now see the different teachings you guys see wow!thanks for sharing and pointing out these interesting parts in the movie. Thumb
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: