Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My happy place

+2
23luda23
Wind-Dancer
6 posters

Go down

My happy place Empty My happy place

Post by Wind-Dancer July 29th 2009, 4:03 pm

When i am very tired at night and i toss and turn and cant fall asleep, i find my happy place.I visualize a grove of shade trees by a stream.I see a hammock between two tall trees. I see myself in the hammock. I feel it beneath my body. There is a gentle breeze blowing. I feel it caress my skin. I hear it blowing the leaves of the trees .I hear the water of the stream flowing softly over rocks.My body begins to relax. The birds in the trees above serenade me with their singing . My chattery mind lets go of the days stress. My body lets go of the tension in it. I am at one with my surroundings. Sleep comes .
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

My happy place Empty Re: My happy place

Post by 23luda23 July 29th 2009, 8:51 pm

Oh, I really like your happy place. I'll try that too. Thank you for sharing Thank You
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 July 30th 2009, 12:30 pm

that was an awesome happy place to visualize yes like some paradise you make your mind relax and stop the stress and chattering in our minds.beautiful ,yes this would work.thank you for sharing Wind-Dancer. Thank You Very Happy Good Post
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 30th 2009, 4:27 pm

Wind-Dancer wrote:When i am very tired at night and i toss and turn and cant fall asleep, i find my happy place.I visualize a grove of shade trees by a stream.I see a hammock between two tall trees. I see myself in the hammock. I feel it beneath my body. There is a gentle breeze blowing. I feel it caress my skin. I hear it blowing the leaves of the trees .I hear the water of the stream flowing softly over rocks.My body begins to relax. The birds in the trees above serenade me with their singing . My chattery mind lets go of the days stress. My body lets go of the tension in it. I am at one with my surroundings. Sleep comes .

What a Beautiful experience Wind-Dancer, and it is truly a place of peace. As i read this i thought this would be great during the winter months, but would be great at any time as well. This gives me some ideas for a place i would like to visualize being on top of the tallest mountain, hope to try this sometime.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

My happy place Empty Happy Place

Post by Taurus20 May 30th 2013, 7:07 pm

Wind-Dancer wrote:When i am very tired at night and i toss and turn and cant fall asleep, i find my happy place.I visualize a grove of shade trees by a stream.I see a hammock between two tall trees. I see myself in the hammock. I feel it beneath my body. There is a gentle breeze blowing. I feel it caress my skin. I hear it blowing the leaves of the trees .I hear the water of the stream flowing softly over rocks.My body begins to relax. The birds in the trees above serenade me with their singing . My chattery mind lets go of the days stress. My body lets go of the tension in it. I am at one with my surroundings. Sleep comes .

I just found this post by Wind Dancer and thought it was so soothing. Maybe we can all share our happy places.

My happy place is always by water sometimes I'm just looking at the ocean watching the waves, I think of a beautiful beach I was at in Hawaii a few years ago. The surf is really rough and I'm just standing there watching the waves toss and run up on shore, the sun in shining bright and their are people out in the water on sail boards just smoothly taking on each wave. I imagine I can hear the waves and smell the salt ocean air. It really relaxes me and off I go to sleep. Sometimes as I do that I'm relaxing all my muscles by contracting them and releasing them from my head to my toes.
Pleasant dreams! Hugs
Taurus20
Taurus20

Female
Number of posts : 356
Hobbies : Meditation,reading, swimming,dancing and having fun .
Tell us about yourself : Looking for like minded people to connect with while on this spiritual journey.
Appreciation Points : 469
Registration date : 2013-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 31st 2013, 12:18 am

I do not really have a happy place.
I enjoy just sitting quietly.
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 May 31st 2013, 6:05 am

I dont sleep for many hours and I have always been a very early riser. To me the mornings are the best part of the day, thats when I get most done. Thankfully although not many hours of sleep, I never have trouble getting off to sleep, but If I ever do, I will follow Wind-Dancer in her visual quest in finding my " happy place. " Like Skfarblum, I have yet to find mine, but I would have to be amongst the birds and the trees, wherever that may be.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 31st 2013, 6:11 am

That's nice Jackie.The early mornings are also best for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down