Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feelings & the thinking mind.

2 posters

Go down

Feelings & the thinking mind. Empty Feelings & the thinking mind.

Post by Spirit-Being August 9th 2009, 2:55 pm

Samael Aun Weor wrote:In practice we have been able to prove that people who are very intellectual, full of

bookish culture (the library book worms), do not manage to go out at will in the astral body.

On the other hand, people who are very simple, humble peasants, poor servants of families can do so perfectly.

This has made us think a great deal about the matter and we have carefully investigated the problem.

The fact is that travel in the astral body is not something intellectual.

Rather, astral travel is more aligned to the feeling, and to the superior emotion.

These qualities are related to the heart and not to the brain.

The intellectual polarises him or herself exaggeratedly in the brain and abandons, in fact, the world of the heart.

The result of his/her lack of equilibrium is the loss of the psychic powers of the Soul.

Unfortunately, a faculty cannot be acquired without the loss of another.

Whoever wants to develop the intellect does so at the expense of the psychic faculties.

This problem is serious because we can in no way approve ignorance and illiteracy.

It is logical that an intellectual culture is necessary.

Ignorance leads to very serious errors.

Now the interesting thing is to know how to reconquer the lost psychic faculties.

A man/woman with a brilliant, illuminated intellect and with all his/her psychic faculties in full activity really is in fact and right fully, a true illuminate.

Found this very interesting as i was doing some reading required from the Astral course. I usually try to go on what i feel rather than think, it has been rough because the thinking mind gets in the way all the time. This is something i have been practicing more of, as i continue with this i hope to gain some knowledge of the way my body, mind, emotions and feelings work. How can i allow my higher self to guide me without my thinking mind telling me to do the opposite. It seems to be a battle inside me the higher self is trying to guide me but the battle is with my mind.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Feelings & the thinking mind. Empty Re: Feelings & the thinking mind.

Post by parrotlover100 August 9th 2009, 4:59 pm

isn't it always better to go with your gut feelings than trying to think things through all the time.because when we have to think about something were always going to argue with ourselves should i or shouldn't i?But if we go with our feelings they are usually very strong,almost like intuition. Very Happy
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 11th 2009, 12:57 pm

Well Said Parrotlover Very Happy

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down