Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do we drag karma from life to life?

+10
Aussiepom
bhagavandas
Arbel
sunmystic
mia
Taurus20
HypnoDude
parrotlover100
Spirit-Being
elfwisdom
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do we drag karma from life to life? Empty Do we drag karma from life to life?

Post by elfwisdom August 16th 2009, 5:56 am

Many of us believe in karma, the law of cause and effect, usually related to the negative actions that one makes, this is accurate, also there are some that do not believe in other lives, they believe that we only have one life and that is it, so they feel we have karma for this life only... others believe in reincarnation so they believe that karma is dragged from one life to another, this is a common belief in India and many other places, they actually believe that if they are poor, if they are sick, that it is a past life karma that they have to pay, and they do not want to stop their suffering because they feel they are going to interrupt the paying of their karma... So is this true?

Not for me, I read in the best book of all "Wisdom of the Heart" by Flora Rocha, by the way if you do not have it you are missing the best book you can have with a deep interesting revealing information, she says that we only pay karma from our current life, we pay all our debts in this life, would it be fair to pay for something that we do not even remember, from a life and a personality that we do not even know how it developed? Of course not, at least not from my perspective, she explains which and how are the exceptions to this, only with very few cases, she also explains how wrong the theory that when someone is born with a physical discapacity it is not because of karma, and she explains in her book why is this... well I can write a whole lot more but well if you are interested in these kind of topics I recommend the book "Wisdom of the Heart" by Flora Rocha, my favorite writer by the way, I know it is easy to infer…

Thanx for your time...
elfwisdom

Number of posts : 11
Appreciation Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Do we drag karma from life to life? Empty Re: Do we drag karma from life to life?

Post by Spirit-Being August 17th 2009, 12:53 pm

I am not so sure if we drag karma from life to life, because i do not fully have the eyes to see a previous life. With that said i do feel like this is not my first time here on this earth and that i have lived many lifetimes but to know what they are i cannot say. i do feel there are natural laws which refer to karma, i feel Flora Rocha is on to something, i see that we must pay the debts here and now, to be in the now. Dwelling on the past or past lifetimes karma is this helpful or hurtful? I feel it would be very interesting to know of a past lifetime i may have lived. But if i was meant to know i am sure it will be shown to me. We are here on this earth we must change negative actions here and now, getting off the wheel of karma is it not what we are all here for?

Thank You elfwisdom very thought provoking :thnk:

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Do we drag karma from life to life? Empty Re: Do we drag karma from life to life?

Post by parrotlover100 August 17th 2009, 2:55 pm

In my opinion only i think karma is paid back in the life time you are living.So you will get what you deserve good or bad depending on the seeds you sow. Very Happy
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by HypnoDude August 25th 2009, 6:38 pm

HHMMM Interesting topic.

I do of course believe in Reincarnation. Karma as well. Cant say I have contemplated the two together though. Although I do believe that if you say are horribly prejudice, for example against an African American, you may return as an African American next time around. Is that Karma?? OR is it because once you go to The Other Side and review the life you just completed, you may choose to come back??

I also believe in whats called "Cell Memory". The concept of Cell Memory is this: Everything you experience / feel in your life is engrained in the 'cells' of your Spirit. Of course it is the Spirit which trancends 'death' and goes on to TOS. That same Spirit is who comes back into another 'shell' or body, if it decides to incarnate again. Those 'cells' also carry over. It is believed that many phobias (a fear not based in reality or from a real life event of this life) have roots in Cell Memory. Because the Cell Memory can remember the trauma of say drowning in a past life, and hence return in the next life (or 5 lifes thereafter) as an extreme fear of water. Not always, but many times these have the possibility of being easily pointed out. For example I will use myself. I am petrified of water /swimming / boats / water that I cannot see the bottom of. Basically I am 'phobic' when it comes to water right? Most will say something had to have happened in my life for that to happen, say I almost drown, or something like that. Well to my knowledge, nothing of the sort EVER happened in this life in relation to water, I just plain out ALWAYS have been petrified of water. Just ask my Mother. She put me in swimming lessons when I was about 9 or 10 for two full weeks. During the test to say I passed, I told the swim instructor to screw off when he wanted me to jump off the raft in the deep water of the lake. I can float and thats about it. I never learned how to swim those two weeks because I was petrified of the water. The fear was there before that. My Mother was trying to do a good thing, have us learn to swim to at least be able to swim enough to save yourself. Nothing wrong with that. I just couldnt get over my fear enough to be able to do it.

Whoops got off track.... is my fear of water cell memory? I honestly dont know. I do believe it is though.

After thinking it through with all that jumble....lol.... no I dont believe that Karma follows into future lives. The cycle of Karma is completed during the life the Karma was 'earned' in. (I know 'earned' isnt exactly right, but I cant find the word lol)
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 136
Appreciation Points : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 29th 2009, 12:10 pm

I do feel we bring the Love with us when we leave this earth, what comes to mind is the movie "Ghost" i am not sure on any other strong emotions but Love seems to be the likely one. Would this be considered cell memory?

Reincarnation has many roots one may feel they choose to reincarnate to a family line that they choose, others may feel they Reincarnate into the same family line, some feel they Reincarnate into another form of life (animal kingdom, fish, extraterrestrial life, etc...) Whatever the case may be or whatever we believe to be true, that is what is important.

Karma to me is ever present in human life, i see it at work all the time in my life. I am almost certain that we have this one Soul one Spirit, to evolve and grow, to harness something Beautiful.... What are we here for? this question has been my glass, each and everyday i am here on earth the glass becomes more full and the answer to that one question becomes clearer.

HypnoDude i also have a prominent fear in my life it is knives, i dread holding them or seeing them in peoples hands. Funny thing is the sword does nothing for me, when i watch movies of old battles sword to sword combat i do not fear this, only knives around me. My niece & nephew were cutting playdough with butter knives, sami my nephew picked both the butter knives up and started clinging them together, this was upsetting the noise was horrifying i hoped he would stop soon. I felt he should not have those knives in his hands. I do understand what you are going through HypnoDude i wonder is their a way to over come these Fears?

Also i do not recall experiencing anything to do with knives in my years growing up, so i still do not have an answer other than a possible past life.

Would anyone else like to share a Fear that you have grown up with, and still have not overcome, maybe we could all help each other to understand why we have these fears and how we could over come them.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurus20 March 22nd 2013, 12:02 pm

Bringing this back because it is a very interesting subject to me! Smile

I will be reading the book mentioned above but I can tell you already I believe that when we decide to come to earth or wherever it is because we want to change our ways and learn a different acceptable action. Sometimes we get it right during our earth lives but if we don't then we can choose to come back again in another lifetime and try again. God does not condemn us for our mistakes and he even gives us a chance to make it better. He does reward us when we have succeeded and that is why it is so worth the learning process.
Before we reincarnate a lot of planning is done and many other souls are involved. They are our soul group and we spend many lifetimes with some of the same souls but in different relationships. One life you could be a woman and another a man. Or one life you could be a mother and another a daughter etc. We are all working on different personality flaws and we all know what they are when the planning is done but when we are back on earth our memories are erased and we are all just together trying to find our way in the right direction. We could be faced with the same problem we had in another life and if this time we can overcome it then the next lifetime we might work on something else if we choose.
There are two great books that I feel describe reincarnation why it happens much better than I can. "Our Souls Plan" and "Our Souls Gift". Once you understand the reason why we are here you might even be able to find out yourself what your earth mission is and try to accomplish what you need to.
Taurus20
Taurus20

Female
Number of posts : 356
Hobbies : Meditation,reading, swimming,dancing and having fun .
Tell us about yourself : Looking for like minded people to connect with while on this spiritual journey.
Appreciation Points : 469
Registration date : 2013-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by mia March 22nd 2013, 12:28 pm

Before we reincarnate a lot of planning is done and many other souls are involved. They are our soul group and we spend many lifetimes with some of the same souls but in different relationships. One life you could be a woman and another a man. Or one life you could be a mother and another a daughter etc. We are all working on different personality flaws and we all know what they are when the planning is done but when we are back on earth our memories are erased and we are all just together trying to find our way in the right direction. We could be faced with the same problem we had in another life and if this time we can overcome it then the next lifetime we might work on something else if we choose.

This is my belief too!
mia
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 983
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1363
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic March 22nd 2013, 12:29 pm

Your right Taurus, this is a cool topic! I have always been told that it is our desires that shape the what we step into when we reincarnate. And that if one knows their desires that they can then change them, if they wish, before they pass on so that they can step into something different when they reincarnate the next time. sun
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbel March 22nd 2013, 1:09 pm

We do not always reincarnate to change aspects of previous lifetime; at time we come back to finish work left undone from a previous life. There are times when we come for a single purpose and as for karma in this lifetime we are paying all karma back in this lifetime

Bill
Arbel
Arbel

Number of posts : 241
Appreciation Points : 316
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mia March 22nd 2013, 1:16 pm

This rings true to me too Bill xx
mia
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 983
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1363
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic March 22nd 2013, 2:01 pm

Arbel wrote:We do not always reincarnate to change aspects of previous lifetime; at time we come back to finish work left undone from a previous life. There are times when we come for a single purpose and as for karma in this lifetime we are paying all karma back in this lifetime

Bill

Some of us that are followers of Christ Jesus believe that He died for our sins and that with baptism and with confession of our sins that we become reborn karma free and have not any karma to pay back because Christ Jesus died for our sins and our sins are what creates negative karma. And that if one confesses their sins and they ask for forgiveness and are serious about not sinning, they then stay karma free. From there it is just a matter of understanding that the decisions that you make will create your present future and that if you involve Christ Jesus with those decisions that your present future will improve in a most significant way. sun
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas March 22nd 2013, 8:15 pm

I personally think that we do drag karma from life to life.
It doesn't bother me that we don't remember our past lives (while we are incarnate). The reason for not remembering is that it would be too painful to remember all of the bad things we've done, and all of the bad things that have been done to us. We forget for a reason; we wouldn't be able to bear the pain if we remembered everything.
Also, once we are out of the flesh, and back in the spirit world, we are given a revue of our life, and we can then clearly see why things happened in our life. Once we are out of the flesh we will be able to see things clearly.
I personally think that it is karma that dictates whether we are born rich or poor; healthy or unhealthy; whole or lame, ect. But, just because we are born poor doesn't mean we can't work hard and pull ourselves out of poverty. Just because we are born lame doesn't mean we shouldn't go to a doctor and seek to walk.
God doesn't expect us to bask in our karma. He wants us to have akarma (no karma at all). And that is possible to achieve very quickly.
bhagavandas
bhagavandas

Male
Number of posts : 104
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom March 23rd 2013, 7:18 am

Taurus20 wrote:Bringing this back because it is a very interesting subject to me! Smile

I will be reading the book mentioned above but I can tell you already I believe that when we decide to come to earth or wherever it is because we want to change our ways and learn a different acceptable action. Sometimes we get it right during our earth lives but if we don't then we can choose to come back again in another lifetime and try again. God does not condemn us for our mistakes and he even gives us a chance to make it better. He does reward us when we have succeeded and that is why it is so worth the learning process.
There are two great books that I feel describe reincarnation why it happens much better than I can. "Our Souls Plan" and "Our Souls Gift". Once you understand the reason why we are here you might even be able to find out yourself what your earth mission is and try to accomplish what you need to.

An very interesting account of Reincarnation,Katt.
The best I have read for a long time.
And so accurate in my opinion. Yes,Kharma is very involved in our future lives. I am a strong believer in that fact.
We live extra lives to learn from our mistakes from previous lives but we are not aware of that each time we accept another life.

We may also accept that we can reincarnate once more in our previous family from the last life we lived.
We can be our grandparents,our parents and even our own children if they leave before us.

I have a grand daughter named Sarah. I strongly believe she is an incarnation of one of my aunts who passed over three years before Sarah was born. Sarah not only looks like her but also has this aunt's character in being ambitious in her career.
My aunt never married and Sarah is showing no interest in marriage though she does have male friends.
very strange.

Joan x

Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurus20 March 23rd 2013, 9:05 am

Thanks Joan, yes it is very possible that your granddaughter was your aunt. I had a medium tell me that my daughter was my mother in a previous life and I believe it because we are so close and so much alike as far as spiritual abilities go. In fact more than one medium has told me this. Before I even became spiritual many years ago someone told me that and about 2 years ago another told me. I have asked my grandmother (passed) if my mother is my daughters guide and she said yes she was and I asked if my father was my sons and he is too. I was my grandmothers first granddaughter and she is my guide. My daughter was my mothers first granddaughter and my son was my father's so now I am wondering if there is a pattern on how our guides are chosen. Do you know anything about that? I will have to read up more on guides. I do know who 5 of my guides are but 2 are around me more than others, at least there are 2 I see all the time. My grandmother and my mothers best girlfriend who knew me since my birth are the 2.
The last time I had a reading by a medium I was told I also have a female indian and a joy guide name Lara who is a little girl. I knew I had a male indian so the female was something new to me and the joy guide too

There is just so much for learning to do isn't there Smile ?. The more you learn the more things change in your mind also about what you have already believed to be! lol! I do have to say I am enjoying this spiritual journey and can't wait to see what is next! Hug
Taurus20
Taurus20

Female
Tell us about yourself : Looking for like minded people to connect with while on this spiritual journey.

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic March 23rd 2013, 12:13 pm

I do have to say I am enjoying this spiritual journey and can't wait to see what is next! Do we drag karma from life to life? 783154

That is the key to everything. Do we drag karma from life to life? 783154
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom March 23rd 2013, 12:15 pm

It is like the soul is keeping to the same physical bodies as before. I wonder if that is more comfortable for the soul from the physical aspect of it. Like returning to the same home and keeping memories of the family together.
You must be a very close family,Katt. I remember a photo of my great grand mother resting on the mantell piece of the upstairs bedroom in my grandmother's house. I never knew her but remember how the eyes seem to look every time I walked past that photo. it was eerie but for all I never knew her,she seemed familiar to me.

Always have a felt a link to her. She migrated to the USA,came back home to the UK for a holiday.
On the return journey she died on the boat.
I would say your family are very much soul mates,Katt. They keep very close together.

Joan Heart Pump
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurus20 March 23rd 2013, 6:29 pm

Joan, I'm not sure if it is the same physical bodies I think probably just relationships. I'm not sure if we can keep the same body, something else to learn. lol! Good thing I enjoy reading. Finger-Dance
I was 18 months old when my grandma passed (paternal) I didn't know that until I found her death certificate a couple of years ago. I thought I was a lot older because I can remember seeing her and going to her house and her having the girl downstairs come up to play with me. I can even remember the inside layout of her house.
Strange thing is most of my family are on the other side. I only have 2 sisters and few cousins and my 2 children and grandchildren here. All families are soul groups. We choose prior reincarnation who our family will be and usually it is because we are working on something related to happening in another lifetime. (All explained in "Our Souls Path". Group Hug
Taurus20
Taurus20

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom March 24th 2013, 7:18 am

Trying to think what I meant about the same physical body. My fault. I meant that like my grand daughter,they look alike.
Too many things familiar about them that makes us wonder just who they are or could have been in a previous life.

Now this actually happened a while ago. I met another member on another site. We became good friends and used to chat.
He actually told me that we had connected in a previous life....I thought...oh yeah,pull the other leg.... Rolling Eyes

But a friend of mine acknowledged this. She is a medium.
She informed me that...yes..we had been cousins in a previous life.
But had never got on with each other.

I studied a photo of this other friend and thought how much we looked like each other. Same colour hair,same colour eyes and similiar nose.
The likeness is astounding. I have now lost contact with him through an argument but I see him often on other sites.
I still am not sure about another life with this person but will be interesting to see what will happen in my next life.
But of course I will not remember my present life.... Confussing

Joan xxx
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcrow April 9th 2013, 9:14 am

Do we drag karma from life to life? 769130 I dont believe that Karma is from past lifes i know from my own experiences that if anyone does any wrong to myself. they get it back ten fold in just a few weeks.ppl who hurt me the same i dont have to do anything ,but something always goes back to them some have had heart attacks,some broken bones. its always happened since i was a child

Namaste
Blackcrow
Blackcrow

Number of posts : 41
Appreciation Points : 49
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann April 9th 2013, 9:53 am

I agree... what you send out comes back ten fold to the sender.
I also think we may bring some karmic energy from a previous life if we have not cleared it prior to dying in that life. it still will exist and need balanced and cleared.
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic April 9th 2013, 11:17 am

Do we drag karma from life to life? 541454 to the Spiritsjourney forums Blackcrow! sunmystic
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom April 9th 2013, 3:04 pm

Our Blackcrow is a Welsh medium,John..... Wave

Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic April 10th 2013, 10:41 am

Aussiepom wrote:Our Blackcrow is a Welsh medium,John..... Do we drag karma from life to life? 63239

Really! too cool! My spirit bird is the "Raven". My genetic stock is Scot and German with a Cherokee great grand mother in there on my dad's mother's side. The Welsh are some very gifted people. Love, sun/John
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom April 10th 2013, 10:55 am

They are very much so,gaelic at heart like the Scots and Irish.

I have bit of Scots and Welsh in me. My father came from Scottish stock and my great grandmother from Wales.

Nice old mixture.

Wink

Joan
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic April 10th 2013, 11:17 am

Aussiepom wrote:They are very much so,gaelic at heart like the Scots and Irish.

I have bit of Scots and Welsh in me. My father came from Scottish stock and my great grandmother from Wales.

Nice old mixture.

Wink

Joan

There is a lot of "Fae" genetics in the Gaelic Smile . John
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next