Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rune Oracle

3 posters

Go down

Rune Oracle Empty Rune Oracle

Post by d-knots November 11th 2009, 1:14 pm

here is that link that was originally
from SpiritBeing's Tarot link
only for

ORACLES

Runes
Runes are a method of divination similar to the Tarot or the I Ching. The difference is that Runes are a set of 24 (or 25) stones instead of 78 cards or a set of sticks with patterns. As with the Tarot, most of the Runes may be right side up, or up side down, the meaning differing with the case. There are also some Runes that can not appear up side down. (This text courtesy of sacred-texts.com)

The earliest runic inscriptions were certainly not coherent texts of any length, but simple markings on artifacts (e.g. coins, combs, etc.), giving the name of either the craftsman or the proprietor, or, sometimes, remaining a linguistic mystery. Because of this, it is possible that the early runes were not so much used as a simple writing system, but rather as magical signs to be used for charms, or for divination. The name rune itself, taken to mean "secret, something hidden", seems to indicate that knowledge of the runes was originally considered esoteric, or restricted to an elite

To me Runes are an expression of Art
as is lettering/Calligraphy today...
Runes also draw me in a mystical and sincere way

My results for Runes Reading is....

New situation that will evolve

Rune Oracle Rune3

Perthro: Secret
Briefly: Self reflection

Full Meaning: A veil of secrecy is at work. Expect the unexpected (improvements and surprises).

Course of action to be taken

Rune Oracle Rune2

Othala: Retreat
Briefly: Inner Reflection

Full Meaning: A journey of release will assist you in growth. Time to discard deep-rooted anchors – what has been holding you back? Let it go.

Situation as it is

Rune Oracle Rune1

Ansuz: Signals, Messenger, Signs
Briefly: Transformation

Full Meaning: You are being sent a message. You need to have your heart and eyes wide open. You will be inspired, uplifted and blessed. Your vision will restore and confirm your chosen path.

I have to say I picked out some runes that meant protection, knowledge, triumph, ..etc... for
a charm for my daughter and she said when she carried it with her she felt all went her way
so it means it's powerful and sincere... When she handed it to me and said make me some more
I didn't get a chance because of work and resting she said her triumph turned to sour grapes...

I asked why did she ever give it back to me.... Duh ... I believe she should have kept it
since it worked so well.... It just shows how negativity can be powerful too and fight what
one has won so the moral here is....LOL... Keep Your Lucky Charms! .....LOL... Notes

this is basically what I picked from: They just have sincere meaning they are not Bad as proven by my
daughters experiences. I believe they are strong, for sure.

RUNE LETTERS and MEANING
added to
CHARM SYMBOLS

you can draw it on you temporarily
or place the ones you want on a
piece of paper and carry it with you
whatever is comfortable for you
if you believe.... Christmas Tree
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Rune Oracle Empty Re: Rune Oracle

Post by Spirit-Being November 11th 2009, 5:05 pm

Ive never done much research on runes nor have i been inspired to until now.

I went to the link you added d-knots and saw a list of runes and meanings behind each one from this table i choose one.

Rune Oracle Elder

I closed my eyes and allowed the mouse to rollover one of these runes, what was chosen was this rune.

Rune Oracle LaguzLaguz: (L: Water, or a leek.) Flow, water, sea, a fertility source, the healing power of renewal. Life energy and organic growth. Imagination and psychic matters. Dreams, fantasies, mysteries, the unknown, the hidden, the deep, the underworld. Success in travel or acquisition, but with the possibility of loss. Laguz Reversed or Merkstave: An indication of a period of confusion in your life. You may be making wrong decisions and poor judgements. Lack of creativity and feelings of being in a rut. Fear, circular motion, avoidance, withering. Madness, obsession, despair, perversity, sickness, suicide.

I love how intuition guides and this reflects me very well especially in the negativity department where i am slowly feeling it shift towards the positive. Thanks for sharing this i found it very inspiring Rainbow

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots November 11th 2009, 7:21 pm

you're ok....LOL

I questioned the meaning of ....

First the rune name is given, then its phonetic value, its symbolic image, and finally the esoteric meaning used in divination.

Rune users disagree on whether or not to place a different meaning on a rune that falls in an inverted or reversed position.

Some runes look the same upside down and right side up. These cannot be "reversed".

Nevertheless, any of the runes may appear as a "merkstave" (which literally means "dark stick" and implies a "dark" meaning), depending on how the runes are cast.

Note that a "reversed" or "merkstave" meaning is not the opposite of its primary meaning, but usually has a more negative connotation

Rune Oracle LaguzNormal Laguz

Rune Oracle Laguz-1Reversed "dark" Laguz

Examples of those that are not reversable are....
Rune Oracle Isa Isa
Rune Oracle Jera Jera
Rune Oracle Hagalaz Hagalaz

I question the Hagalaz because the middle line comes down on an angle but
when i rotated it in the edit program of photobucket the result is an identical
symbol...

and yet, the saga continues, they may not have a "dark" meaning but they have an
oppositional meaning...LOL

for example, Isa:

Its normal meaning.
(I: Ice.) A challenge or frustration. Psychological blocks to thought or activity, including grievances.
Standstill, or a time to turn inward and wait for what is to come, or to seek clarity.

This rune reinforces runes around it.

So you never know when it might be oppositional or depending on what?
Isa Merkstave (Isa cannot be reversed, but may lie in opposition): Ego-mania, dullness, blindness, dissipation. Treachery, illusion, deceit, betrayal, guile, stealth, ambush, plots.

Oh, yes, depending on how the runes are cast....long story this divination...LOL Flamed

Quote Source
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ItaliaRose May 18th 2010, 12:48 pm

Runes, like any other psychic tool work easier if one is drawn to use them.

Being drawn can be shown in different ways. For example with my amethyst set, I couldn't look away from the photo of them.

Their energies were strong and beautifully gentle just from the photo. I knew they were for me. If you are drawn to a particular rune set, then that set is for you.

If they are crystal runes you can place them in a velvet bag or wooden box - whatever you feel is right for you to keep them in - and place them beneath your pillow so that when you fall asleep, the connection between you and the runes strengthen.

like tarots you can hold them and allow them to trickle through your fingertips from time to time, this will help you to get to know their energies and allow their energies to get to know you. Similarly to crystals, they're in your life for a reason....so use them well.

Runes can be challenging to read, but often if you are drawn to the tool then it is meant to be. Cleansing runes can be done similarly to crystals especially if they are crystal runes. For example visualizing white light surrounding them, the angel's purifying flame- place them in a flame of light for just over a minute, cleansing them. Reiki if one is attuned, moonlight or starlight energies e.g. placing them on a landing windowsill, water depending on the set of runes, if persay amethyst crystal rune set - try asking the crystal or the rune itself if wood (the energy of the tree) what it would most prefer. Etc.

(these are my own notes about runes so if it helps anyone then I am glad!)
ItaliaRose

Number of posts : 4
Appreciation Points : 6
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being May 18th 2010, 2:20 pm

I think Runes are Amazing tools, unfortunately i have yet to work with Runes. I do like Tarot and feel very comfortable with the cards. I was drawn to a deck some time ago, its been sitting on a desk for quite a while, i didn't realize that this deck might be the one, i usually use the Rider Waite deck, but maybe i should try switching to the Gilded Tarot and see how it feels in my hands. I may try this White Light on the Tarot Cards before each reading Thanks ItaliaRose.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down