Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resistance

2 posters

Go down

Resistance Empty Resistance

Post by cosmicobserver November 29th 2009, 5:09 pm

Those of you who have been following the blog Letters from 500 know that the material is being channeled through Robert Potter from O, a presence 500 years in our future. From time to time Robert will pose questions to O outside of the general book dialogue. Yesterday he asked O about resistance. Here is the response:

“O, please help me get that inspiration back about not resisting.”

Yes. Quickly then, here it is: Living in the Now is pure non-resisting. When you feel resistance or discomfort in yourself or around you, you are no longer identified with the Now. You are identifying with a projection you have made in your mind and emotions. You are identifying with the future, most likely. But it might also be the past. You are identifying with a mental projection of a state of mind where you no longer feel the discomfort.

If you are feeling resistance, actually feel it—right now, in the moment. Do not let it slip away into a projection. Do not let your self-identity attach to that projection and pull you away from the moment. If you stay with the Now the resistance will dissipate and its energy will return to your natural being. The projection of a future moment of ‘peace’ or ‘comfort’ will be just that, a detached thoughtform.

“Sorry, but I’m not getting it.”

To say it another way, your feeling of resistance is always directed at the moment, from your projection of a different moment, a different Now. This is an impossibility. You cannot exist there. Collapse the illusion of a ‘different Now’ back into the one and only Now. The feeling of resistance will collapse back into you, identified with the Now.

“Whew. Thank you, O. I will ponder this.
Letters from 500
cosmicobserver
cosmicobserver

Male
Number of posts : 16
Hobbies : Piercing the veil of separateness
Tell us about yourself : Photographer, Music Producer, Literary Rep.
Appreciation Points : 21
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Resistance Empty Re: Resistance

Post by canadianmind November 30th 2009, 9:27 am

Great post!

I think that one of the problems is that we are so used to thinking about our future, and past, most people dont know how to think in the "now". The mayans were great at being in the now. They used their calender, and the stars, and math to calculate what they should be doing today, in the now.

The only thing that I dont understand about "being in the now", is how can you learn from your mistakes if you dont look to the past and use that information to make "the now" a better "now"?

I can see how thinking tjoo far ahead can casue problems because wheather people are aware of it or not, people tend to worry about their future ( I know I do, and lots of people i know do as well). But worrying about it will casue thoughs problems to matirialize in your future.
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male
Number of posts : 272
Hobbies : Playing guitar, reading, self discovery,music, hiking, fishing, martial arts lots more
Tell us about yourself : Seeking to know more about myself, ourselves, and our connection to eatchother and the universe
Appreciation Points : 342
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmicobserver November 30th 2009, 12:49 pm

Thanks for the post Canadianmind. Yes it is difficult for humans to consciously live in the moment when the egoic mind needs to grope through endless thoughts of past and future. These time elements add to strengthening the false sense of security the ego has in store for us. Time is food for the ego. The present moment frees the mind from this stranglehold. The mind is forced out of the time zone and into the living flow. It is the natural way, but we have not evolved to that space of sensing rather than thinking. It is what all yogis strive for in their quest for realization. It is a state of Poise. This deep state of Knowing that brings an inner confidence and outer glow. As hard as it is to attain, in this less evolved species of ours, we are making progress. Remember it's the journey, not the destination.

The following excerpt from Letters from 500 - Letter Twenty "Appreciation" elaborates on the essence of Appreciation and the value it plays in the future species. If we can take an iota of this message and bathe our psyche in its waters we will start to be free.

Appreciation connotes presence. In this sense it is a living entity, like faith. In this presence, the truth is known; the oneness is known. It is a tool unlike any other. It not only establishes reality within the awareness, it leverages its own contribution to that reality; that is, it provides a feedback loop of enhanced attention. It generates consciousness and consciousness generates it. Out of it comes allowing, gratitude and grace. Out of these qualities comes more appreciation. But humanity was disconnected from its own presence, its own native qualities—thus the breakdown in appreciative presence.

“I see what you’re saying. We humans are our own worst enemies, because we don’t know who we really are. We don’t know our own presence. But you do. You have evolved to know your presence. This must be remarkable for you.”

It is.

“How have you used appreciation in your world? What effects does it produce that are different from the human world?”

First, it guarantees our living in the Now. The appreciative faculty lives in our conscious awareness at all times. Going inward is not something we have to practice as the human species did. We live inwardly a priori. We come out from there—the reverse of your orientation. In fact, your destined path was to go in; ours is to go out. We are manifesters of spirit; you were seekers of spirit. I spoke earlier of the human mind as always looking to the outer world for validation. This is the illusion again—counter to true human destiny. True validation, for you and for all creation, comes only from within.

Second, the appreciative faculty gives us the ability to regulate ourselves with a natural sense. The benign anarchy of our world is founded on this. We know viscerally the effects of our actions on those around us. There are no environmental crises, as you often had, because we see our actions from the perspective of the environment itself. We have no fear, envy or hatred of one another, because we are the other; we cannot escape knowing this. It is no euphemism, but a living moment-by-moment experience for us. It applies to individuals, as well as nations and the whole global population.

Third, appreciation allows us to find natural balance in all our relationships. Our children and parents, lovers and friends, are recognized as aspects of the one Self, manifesting its own appreciation into the world of form. We are outposts of the one Self, applying its universal embrace and beneficence to everything we do in the world. As I said before, this renders morality obsolete.

Copyright ©️ 2009 by Robert Potter
For more information please visit our blog Letters from 500
The book will be available soon.
cosmicobserver
cosmicobserver

Male
Number of posts : 16
Hobbies : Piercing the veil of separateness
Tell us about yourself : Photographer, Music Producer, Literary Rep.
Appreciation Points : 21
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum