Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helen Keller

3 posters

Go down

Helen Keller Empty Helen Keller

Post by Linda January 26th 2010, 11:57 am

Hi Friends, I was surfing Wikipedia for something new to post, here are a few Quotes by Helen Keller, I posted my favorites:

"Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose."

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it. My optimism, then, does not rest on the absence of evil, but on a glad belief in the preponderance of good and a willing effort always to cooperate with the good, that it may prevail."

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."

"I was visited by a very good friend who had just returned from a long walk in the woods, and I asked her what she had observed. “Nothing in particular,” she replied. I might have been incredulous had I not been accustomed to such responses, for long ago I became convinced that the seeing see little. How was it possible, I asked myself, to walk for an hour through the woods and see nothing worthy of note? I who cannot see find hundreds of things to interest me through mere touch. I feel the delicate symmetry of a leaf. I pass my hands lovingly about the smooth skin of a silver birch, or the rough, shaggy bark of a pine. In spring I touch the branches of trees hopefully in search of a bud, the first sign of awakening Nature after her winter’s sleep. I feel the delightful, velvety texture of a flower, and discover its remarkable convolutions; and something of the miracle of Nature is revealed to me."

~ Helen Adams Keller (1880-1968)
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Helen Keller Empty Re: Helen Keller

Post by Spirit-Being January 26th 2010, 12:55 pm

All the quotes were Wonderful Linda Very Happy

But the last paragraph was eye opening, i went through a similar experience as Bella (my pup) & I went for a walk last week i came to a tree near the sidewalk where many people tread going here & going there. I stood by this tree with awareness and looked at the branches in detail, i noticed small buds hardened by the cold waiting to burst forth with life. How many times have i walked right past moments like these, probably too many to count, this experience was Amazing. We can all have experiences like this not only in the spring, summer, & fall but also in the winter months as well.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda January 26th 2010, 2:09 pm

Spirit-Being, I am glad you enjoyed these too. mee too on the last one, there is so much beauty in nature, if we just open our eyes (-: Happy Day!
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 January 27th 2010, 2:33 pm

Something else to also notice, are the intricate weavings of a spiders cob-web.
Helen Keller Shenzhenc090900039 Helen Keller Imagesource080901859
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being January 27th 2010, 3:47 pm

Thanks Vanilla2 Very Happy

This is something i never really payed much attention too, its Amazing how many new things are out there to observe with Awareness that we just don't pay much attention too during our daily lives. Next time i see some cobwebs i will be more aware of the intricate weavings the spiders create.

A quick story i would like to share many times i will see a spider crawling on the floor or wall in the warm months i will capture the spider and let it go outside, in the winter months if i see a spider i will let them share the warm space of this home. Enlightened

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 January 28th 2010, 6:14 am

Quoting Spirit-Being......."in the winter months if i see a spider i will let them share the warm space of this home"

Ha ha Spirit-being you are braver than I am Smile
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content