Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loving yourself

3 posters

Go down

Loving yourself Empty Loving yourself

Post by Wind-Dancer June 14th 2010, 1:52 pm

We have all heard the saying, "Before you can love anyone else, you need to love yourself first". But what does "loving yourself first" really mean? How do you put into practice every day the art of loving yourself?
1. Loving yourself is the same as taking care of your Self. Take care of yourself the way you take care of others.
Most of us are not very good at taking care of ourselves and do a much better job at taking care of others.
When you love your Self you look out for your Self. You open to new experiences but you are also protective, and make sure the people and experiences in your life are good for you.

2. Give yourself generosity of spirit - You are not here to be perfect but to partake in the human adventure.
You cannot travel this path without making mistakes. There is nothing mistake-free about this human experience.
Mistakes show us the right way for us. Each mistake says, "Not this, not this". We learn by knowing where not to go.

3. Listen to your inner voice by quieting your mind.
You can ONLY hear your inner voice - the voice that has your best interests at heart - when your mind is quiet.
The inner voice has a direct connection with the heart; when the mind is quiet, the heart opens.

4. Accept your past - You did the best you could at the time.
Do not regret the past but learn from it. Sure, we may not do the same dumb stuff again, but now we know better.
Remember, you do not have to know why something happened for you to accept responsibility for all of your life at this moment. If it happened to you, it belongs to you.

5. Examine your thoughts, feelings and actions; they create your world.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Loving yourself Empty Re: Loving yourself

Post by Spirit-Being June 14th 2010, 7:17 pm

I feel like a broken record today, been using the word lacking quite a bit in many other posts, its just i have higher standards for myself that i struggle to acheive, but once again i do lack Loving Myself, i Like myself but have a hard time Loving Myself due to the stupid decisions i make, even so i know the decisions that were made are there to teach me, i know one day i will accept that i am a good person and just Love Myself Unconditionally. Very Eye Opening Thanks Wind-Dancer. Hugs

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda June 15th 2010, 2:50 pm

Thank you Wind-Dancer for this uplifting message. (-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down