Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snared Butterfly...

5 posters

Go down

Snared Butterfly... Empty Snared Butterfly...

Post by Vanilla2 October 6th 2010, 8:34 am

I've just freed and saved a trapped butterfly. Been sitting at my computer for days watching a spider spinning its web outside on the bedroom window,when all of a sudden I saw a large butterfly get caught in its web, no sooner than it got entangled the spider came from nowhere and came for its catch. I panicked as I didn't think I would be able to free it quick enough as the butterfly was frantically flapping its wings trying to free itself and the spider was already attacking it. First I banged on the closed window to scare the spider, then opened the window nearest but couldnt reach it, so with speed I moved the computer table and opened the stiff other side window and flicked a large rolled up piece of print paper, to my relief I saw the butterfly fly away. I know its nature and we should leave all insects etc to sort themselves out, but I could not sit and watch the last movements of this frantic butterfly fighting for its survival, I had to come to its aid, although I have now deprived the spider of his lunch and ruined its newly spun cobweb.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Snared Butterfly... Empty Re: Snared Butterfly...

Post by Soul Searching October 6th 2010, 3:23 pm

Hi Vanilla2 Wave

From a human perspective, nature can be cruel at times, but from the spiders perspective it's just how it lives .... how it survives. That said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the compassion you showed to the butterfly. I have done very similar things myself, in fact recently I find myself thinking about all living creatures with more compassion.

I work in Mechanical Engineering, and recently I was filling a large metal pressure vessel with water, prior to a pressure test. Looking through one of the openings in the top of the vessel, I noticed a Bee floating on the water, about 10 feet below the top. It was struggling to stay afloat, but was obviously waterlogged and could not take off from the water. I haven't a clue how it got in there, but my only thought was to save it .... I just couldn't let it suffer, so I found a long wooden pole, and poked it down the opening and brought it up just under the Bee. The Bee promptly walked onto the pole, and I carefully pulled it out. Then I took it out of the side door in the building, and let it climb off onto the floor. It seemed quite unharmed after all this, and for the rest of the day, I felt an immense satisfaction at what I had done. If my workmates had seen me, they would probably think I had lost the plot !! but at the time, it seemed the right thing to do ......

In trying to follow a more spirtual life, by reading various teachings and trying to understand and absorb their messages, compassion and a respect for all life always seem to come to the fore. We can't always rescue everything that is about to be killed or eaten, after all it is the way of nature, but we sometimes can intervene, and when we do I think we feel (and are) the better for it. Rainbow
Soul Searching

Male
Number of posts : 23
Appreciation Points : 29
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda October 6th 2010, 4:50 pm

That was very kind of you Vanilla2 and Soul Searching, your shared experiences made me smile, and I bet the Butterfly and Bee smiled too (-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 October 7th 2010, 4:54 am

Thats a great story too Soul Searching, yes I could imagine your workmates secretly watching. Very Happy
Today I am feeling a little guilty as I know I also flicked the spider away on releasing the butterfly, as I haven't seen it back at the window yet. I am questioning as to my main motive, was it because I felt the butterfly more superior to the spider? are butterfly species dwindling and I felt it my duty to save one? or did it come from my heart watching a small creature squirming for its life, I guess its all down to we at Spirits Journey do have a genuine, caring heart for all living creatures, I just hope I never injured or killed that spider in that process.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Searching October 7th 2010, 4:45 pm

Hi Vanilla2 Wave

I wouldn't worry too much about the spider, as they can be very resilient creatures .... I think it would take more than a flick to inflict serious damage.

I have one living behind the glass in the door mirror of my car, and he is forever spinning a web across to the door. The web is constantly getting damaged by the rain and wind .... I even jet wash the car, but he still seems to survive and keep re-building his web. Even driving at speed on the motorway (freeway) see's him out there on the web, in the violent slipstream, hanging on, and not bothered about it one iota !!

I think your motive for saving the butterfly was out of compassion for it, but the guilt you then felt at flicking away the spider then just proves what a caring person you are. Rainbow

By the way, I like your new avatar pic .... (liked your old one too !!) Hugs

Soul Searching

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being October 7th 2010, 6:22 pm

Wonderful Experiences Vanilla2 & Soul Searching Dreaming

Feeling Compassionate towards all Life, is a very Special Gift. It's when you feel all life is Beautiful, you have become Wiser. Some people don't see this way, in fact ive know some people to kill Life, with very little Compassionate if any at all, because they wanted to, not because they needed to.

You both have Grown Spiritually, & Trust in your Path whatever it may be.

There is a saying that i try to Live by, not exactly sure who, wrote it:

If we let the Body/Mind Drive & Spirit remains in the Passengers seat, we loose a sense of who we are, and get quite caught up in Worldy Things, But when the Spirit Drives and the Mind/Body is in the Passenger seat, all Things become More Beautiful, our Lives have more Meaning, and we act Unselfishly towards other Life. Our Love Grows Giving Flowers

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Searching October 7th 2010, 6:42 pm

Hi Spirit-Being Thank You

Thats a wonderful saying you have posted there ..... words to live by indeed !!

I find my compassion towards all life, not just human, growing stronger all the time. I know this is a sign of myself growing spiritualy .... but then I was never one to take pleasure in seeing suffering of any kind. Being a realist, I know sometimes our actions cause pain and suffering to animals .... you only have to walk across a field of grass, and you are unintentionally harming some small creature or other hidden away in the undergrowth. I think the point is not to intentionally do harm. Foster a feeling of goodwill and love for all living creatures if you can .... as you say life does become more beautiful ......... Rainbow
Soul Searching

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots October 8th 2010, 7:46 pm

well.....
I belong
to you all....

I just helped rescue
two kittens (7months old)
and they are living in my kitchen
for now...LOL
Idea

they seem to be either
healing from shock (it was hard on them
trust wise becuase we didn't have traps
and lured them with food then closed them
in and they got very scarred so it may have
taken alot out of them ... and new surroundings)
cats can fly! climb walls and burrough into
deep dark places, as well have the strength
of a hundred cats when scarred.

rescuing means spay/neuter, immunizations, and
socializing them to human life etc....
and finding a good home(s) for them...

my landlady doesn't know it yet and it's against
apartment policy.....lucky me... Blessings, Please.
Namaste
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Searching October 8th 2010, 8:09 pm

You are a good and kind soul d-knots ....

God Bless Hugs
Soul Searching

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 October 9th 2010, 4:13 am

Well-done d-knots, I too done exactly the same many years ago, new born kittens were found in our tower blocks rubbish chute by my daughter around 25 years ago. She brought one to me, its eyes were not even open and just fitted into the palm of my hand, I drip fed it milk and it grew and survived, then the landlord found out through my next door neighbour( pets were not allowed above 2ct/3rd floor, I was on the 10th) so we had to let it go to a cats re-homing society along with another cat we took in which was/looked an expensive more exotic breed that the people seemed more interested in for re-homing, I stated I wanted the two to remain together.
d-knots be wary of your landlady Praying

Isn't it good that, we on this forum have so much compassion for other forms of living life, other than us humans. I think we are special flower
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down