Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Butterfly vs. Dragonfly

2 posters

Go down

Butterfly vs. Dragonfly Empty Butterfly vs. Dragonfly

Post by 23luda23 September 16th 2009, 1:54 pm

I was sitting on the back porch the other day and notice a butterfly chasing after the large dragonfly. Then the butterfly turned and came over one of the many young pomegranate trees and was flying in circles over it. Then the dragonfly come back to where butterfly was and the butterfly started to chase dragonfly again and then returned to the tree (it happened over and over again as long as I set there). I thought that was kind of odd. The dragonfly is bigger and seemed stronger yet it was afraid of the butterfly. I don’t know much about their behavior but I found this to be interesting. What is also interesting is that we never had dragonflies around here but now there are thousands of them. One time I saw a large number of them flying over particular patch of my front yard near bamboo trees. Are butterflies territorial and why would they behave that way?

Butterfly vs. Dragonfly REV-0066
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Butterfly vs. Dragonfly Empty Re: Butterfly vs. Dragonfly

Post by WhiteShaman September 16th 2009, 3:33 pm

Hi Luda,
When things like that happen in my life, I always know that it was not by coincidence.
I usually, if compelled, search out the spiritual “totem” qualities of the animals/insects involved and then apply what I read to the event and to my life. It’s kind of like interpreting a dream. And just as in dreams, you are the best to interpret the symbols and their meanings as they relate to your life and consciousness.
I attached some totem qualities of each for your review in hopes it will make sense to you why the butterfly was chasing the dragonfly and the significance of the dragonfly being around like never before. I also added what I found about the spiritual significance of the pomegranate and bamboo. There are no coincidences!

This is my read on all of these symbols below but again, you are best to decipher them:

The dragonfly symbolizes transformation and change and it was being chased back to the bamboo which symbolizes a safe and relaxed place by the butterfly who also symbolizes change and transformation but in a way that reminds us that it doesn’t have to be traumatic and that it can happen gently and joyfully. The pomegranate symbolizes your faith and the goodness of life amongst many things and while being protected, the butterfly was fighting off the rushed changes of wisdom and enlightenment of the dragonfly.
This all may be saying that you may be going thru great changes and transformations spiritually and you should relax with it and enjoy the ride.
Peace and Blessings
WhiteShaman Praise

BUTTERFLY
Transmutation, Dance of Joy
The butterfly is the symbol of change, joy and color.
It is the symbol of the soul.
They remind us that life is a dance,
not to take things quite so seriously.
They also remind us to get up and move.
Dance brings the sweetness of life.
Butterflies bring color and joy to your life.
Look at them and remember what joy is in your life,
if its a lot or a little, it is still joy.
They teach us that growth and transformation does not have to traumatic;
it can occur gently, sweetly, joyfully.
If a butterfly totem has shown up in your life,
make note of the most important issues in your life,
and see what needs to be changed.

DRAGONFLY
Illusion, the Power of Light
Dragonfly is the power of light.
The dragonfly inhabits two realms: air and water
and the influence of both these elements will be felt by Dragonfly people.
They will be emotional and passionate
during their early years (the influence of water)
and more balanced with greater mental clarity
and control in as they mature (the influence of air).
Dragonfly is the essence of the winds of change,
the messages of wisdom and enlightenment; and the communication from the elemental world.
Dragonfly medicine beckons you to seek out the parts of your habits which need changing.
Call on Dragonfly to guide you through the mists of illusion to the pathway of transformation.
The number 2 is important to Dragonfly,
so think in terms of two year periods when you begin a change.
Dragonfly brings the light and color of transformation into your life.

Pomegranate
The signification of pomegranates, is the memory-knowledges of good. There are memory-knowledges of good and memory-knowledges of truth; the former are signified by the pomegranates, and the latter by the flowers, with which the lampstand was encompassed and adorned. That memory-knowledges of good are signified by pomegranates, is evident from other passages where these are mentioned; as in these passages:--
A land of wheat and barley, and of the vine, and the fig-tree, and of the pomegranate (Deut. 8:8).
The seed is not yet in the barn, yea, even to the vine, and the fig-tree, and the pomegranate (Hag. 2:19).
Wheat, barley, and the seed in the barn signify celestial things internal and external; the vine, the fig-tree, and the pomegranate signify spiritual and natural things in their order, the last of which are the memory-knowledges that belong to the natural and sensuous man; wherefore the pomegranate is' mentioned last.
[2] In Zephaniah:--
Jehovah will destroy Asshur. Flocks shall lie down in the midst of her, every wild animal of the nation, also the pelican and the bittern shall pass the night in the pomegranates thereof (Zeph. 2:13, 14);
where the pelican and the bittern in the pomegranates denote falsities of evil in the memory-knowledges of good. In Amos:--
I saw the Lord standing upon the altar, who said, Smite the pomegranate that the posts may shake; that is, divide them in the head, all of thee; I will slay the last of them with the sword (Amos 9:1);
where to smite the pomegranate denotes to destroy the memory-knowledges of good by means of the falsities of evil; the posts are then said to shake, because posts denote the truths of the natural
POMEGRANATE2
The Pomegranate was often used as a herbal remedy to lengthen life and restore vigor, these qualities often made it a symbolic link between the living and the dead.

To the Romans, the pomegranate signified marriage, and brides decked themselves in pomegranate wreaths.

Pomegranate seeds appear in the famous Greek myth of Demeter, goddess of the harvest, and her daughter, Persephone...

"One day, Persephone was picking flowers in a field, when Hades, the King of the Underworld, seized her and carried her to his dark underworld to be his wife. Grief-stricken, her mother, Demeter, killed every living plant on earth and refused to let new crops grow. To prevent man-kind from starving, Zeus ordered Hades to release Persephone. However, before she was released, Hades tricked her into eating seven pomegranate seeds, "The Fruit of the Underworld", this condemned her to life in the underworld for four months out of every year. For those months (winter), the world is plunged into a dark cold emptiness, but when Persephone returns to her mother each year, the earth again begets flowers, fruit, and grains."

"A single fruit grew on that tree, a bright pomegranate fruit. Persephone stood up in the chariot and plucked the fruit from the tree. Then did "he" prevail upon her to divide the fruit, and, having divided it, Persephone ate seven of the pomegranate seeds." - The Golden Fleece by Padraic Colum (1881-1972)

In Greek myth, Orion's wife was very beautiful, even rivaling the beauty of Zeus's wife, Hera. For her daring to compete with Hera, her children were killed and she was persuaded to believe herself the culprit. In agony, she threw herself from a cliff. The location of her blood was where the first pomegranate tree grew.

In the modern-day traditions of many Greeks, it is customary to adorn the holiday table with pomegranates. The Greeks consider the pomegranate to be a symbol of abundance; a fruit that spills over in plenitude and good luck. They are set out in honor of the fertile land and its bounty. Pomegranates also make an appearance during weddings, funerals, and New Year celebrations.

Pomegranates in China are associated with fertility. One of these fruits, shown half-opened, is often a wedding gift, it means a hundred seeds, or more completely, a hundred sons. The word for seed and sons in Chinese is "zi", it is also the word for "sons."

Religious Symbolism
To the early Jews, pomegranate seeds were an affirmation of their faith. Each pomegranate was believed to contain exactly 613 seeds, a number that corresponds with the number of commandments in the Torah. This belief was once so strong that the Old Testament calls for the pomegranate's image to be woven into priestly robes.

The pomegranate may also be the original fruit from the Garden of Eden, making it the representation of all that is forbidden. One taste of its ripe seeds and all knowledge of death, sex, and sin are suddenly clear. However, this didn't stop early Christians from idolizing the fruit.

Christian art, often depicts the Virgin Mary with a pomegranate, either in her hand, or nearby. This was to symbolized the Virgin Mary's power over life and death, as well as the seed that bore the Son of God.

Ancient Arab women used pomegranate seeds to predict their own fertility. The pomegranate was dropped on the ground, in the center of a circle. When it broke open, the number of seeds that landed outside the circle, was the number of children she would have.

Lucky Bamboo Spiritual Meanings :
Career Advancement - Climb up the ladder
Business Prosperity - Success in business venture
Longevity Health - Harmony and Peaceful life
Religious (Zen) - Gracious, Honorable and virtuous
Relationship (Love) - Energize your love life
Fengshui (Chi) - Creation of positive energy in your environement
Lucky Bamboo is on of the plants recommended by Feng Shui Masters for improve Feng Shui of your place. And also create space that make you feel relax and safe.
Some Feng Shui Masters recommend put Lucky Bamboo on the east and should plant in on Tuesday. Since there is believe that leaves plants is best planted on Tuesday.
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 September 17th 2009, 1:51 am

WhiteShaman, this is incredible! It makes perfect sense, if it was a dream I would seek interpretation so why not seek it while I am awake. I woke up this morning and read something which prompted me to write this experience down and post it in the forum. Little did I know what I was going to get. When I read your response this afternoon I felt joy inside and I smiled. I wanted to respond but I had no words as of yet, I had to really think about it. Later I find out that some of my library books had come in, so I got up and went to the library to pick them up. There were 5 books in all and I had to choose which one I am going to read first. They were all looked and sound very good but there was only one there related to Shamanism. I had strong desire to read that one, which was titled The Medicine Way A Shamanic Path to Self-Mastery. I must say so far this is one of the best books I ever read, my top 5. I was in it and did not miss a thing, very powerful. And here is the shocker- I was going to finish and check my email then return to the reading but decided to read one more page. Page 56 Element of Air The Elemental Clan of the BUTTERFLY. My Birth day January 23 falls into Clan of the Butterfly. How cool is that! Your interpretation fits very well with my current situation so I want to thank you for that and for all the wonderful information you provided. It helped me understand better. I am truly amazed how everything works. Its mind blowing I love it. :lovesigh: Jump in Love
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman September 17th 2009, 7:44 am

23luda23 wrote:WhiteShaman, this is incredible! It makes perfect sense, if it was a dream I would seek interpretation so why not seek it while I am awake. I woke up this morning and read something which prompted me to write this experience down and post it in the forum. Little did I know what I was going to get. When I read your response this afternoon I felt joy inside and I smiled. I wanted to respond but I had no words as of yet, I had to really think about it. Later I find out that some of my library books had come in, so I got up and went to the library to pick them up. There were 5 books in all and I had to choose which one I am going to read first. They were all looked and sound very good but there was only one there related to Shamanism. I had strong desire to read that one, which was titled The Medicine Way A Shamanic Path to Self-Mastery. I must say so far this is one of the best books I ever read, my top 5. I was in it and did not miss a thing, very powerful. And here is the shocker- I was going to finish and check my email then return to the reading but decided to read one more page. Page 56 Element of Air The Elemental Clan of the BUTTERFLY. My Birth day January 23 falls into Clan of the Butterfly. How cool is that! Your interpretation fits very well with my current situation so I want to thank you for that and for all the wonderful information you provided. It helped me understand better. I am truly amazed how everything works. Its mind blowing I love it. :lovesigh: Jump in Love

Awesome! The universe is so alive and talking to us all the time!
I so happy for the excitement you are experiencing. Very Happy
Peace and Blessings, Praise
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down