Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayer Stones

2 posters

Go down

Prayer Stones Empty Prayer Stones

Post by laura ann April 4th 2012, 9:30 am

Prayer Stones 2uj0aix

PRAYER STONES
aka/ mani stones

Prayer stones are a way for humans to give physical expresion to the aspirations of a prayer. Texts of sacred words, phrases and symbols are frequently etched, scibed, painted, or drawn on them. Some may be elaborately done with pictures of mountains, temples, holy sites or entire scriptures. And yet some of the best are simply personal found pieces of rock that one is drawn to and has prayed over with the intent of instilling their personal prayer within it's energy vortex.

Prayer Stones 15yj71x

They may be simple local rocks with words such as peace, love, kindness, angel painted, etched or drawn on them. They may be just a rock one has picked up out of their yard or from the gravel driveway they parked on getting to a cemetary gate. But the intent is the same. To say a prayer for a loved one. A blessing asked of forgiveness or hope or rememberence.

Prayer Stones Rllvmc

Stones may range anywhere from the size of a hand held rock to the side of a mountain cliff. They may be singular or in a grouping or stacked.

Prayer Stones 5wfjx4

Tibetan prayer stones are unique in themselves as they are rarely made in neighboring countries like China or India. They predomiantely are made still by hand in the regions of Tibet. They quite often use bluestone which is imported these days from the USA.

Prayer Stones 9pmlwp

In Korea stones are believed to have unseen powers. Often stones are stacked in towers. But each and every stone has a meaning or a prayer attached. By attaching a rock to another rock's surface your prayer is being answered.

Prayer Stones File.php?avatar=56_1245895483

There are also prayer wheels and prayer flags. They are usually made of bone, metal and wood carvings. The "om mani padme hum" mantra is quite frequently the mantra chant carved in Tibetan Prayer stones. They then are placed in places of spiritual reverence and power. Like in a isolated mountaintop or a water source. Sometimes they are placed forming long walls as an offering to the spirit world of a place to stay.

Prayer Stones 358au03

Ome mani padme is a sanskrit word. It is mostly associates witht he Buddhist world where mani means jewel and patma means lotus. I find a definate chakra correlatiosn in this and the following connections to this mcuh used mantra.

SYLLABLE CHARACTER PURIFIES COLOR DEITY

ome .........generosity......pride/bliss............white............wisdom

ma...........ethics.........jealousy/lust...........green...........compassion

ni..........patience........passion/desire.........yellow...........body

pad.........diligence......ignorance/prejudice.....blue..............equaninty

me..........renunciation....poverty/possession......red.............bliss

hum..........wisdom.........aggression/ hatred.......black..........compassion

Prayer Stones 29ofofm

Prayer stones have played a role in spirituality from the moment humanity externalized its sacred visions. We humans have etched, scratched, drawn, painted, sewn, images and symbols on anything and everything from rock cliffs to a beautiful crystal glass.

Prayer Stones 25gdt8g

Any time you travel and see a small or large stack of rocks or stones that look similar to a statue or a piece of sculpture add a prayer rock of your own. Take a few minutes to walk around and look for a stone. It will call to you . As you attach your prayer to the stone and add it to the stack make sure your intentions are clear and your energies will blend with the energies already in the stack. This magnifies the prayers in the stack. It will increase all of their power as it also empowers you.

In doing this you have elevated your prayer, the prayers of others and reconnected for a short time with Mother Earth. She loves us and loves it when we come to her in prayer. And of course the person,place or thing your prayer is about also feels its powers.

Prayer Stones 24zzzt5

So never look at a small stack of rocks as simply a small stack of rocks any more. They may be very spiritually empowered.

© laura ann
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Prayer Stones Empty Re: Prayer Stones

Post by Linda April 4th 2012, 11:36 am

WOWWWWWwwww, that is fascinating, I have never known about that before. Thank you for posting this. A little something about me. I love rocks, and have lined my driveway with them, and have a birdbath filled with pebbles from around the world. When friends go out of town, they ask me what can they bring back for me, I ask them to pick up a pebble from their travels. They are all mixed, and can't tell which one is from where, but it makes me happy to know they are from all over the world. I also have some on my desk, and have some around candles that I light up daily. When I first met my husband, we were pulled over on the side of the road, he saw me pick up a couple of rocks and put in the car. He said that's when he knew that I was the one for him, his nana also collected rocks. My older sister loves and collects rocks too. I think it is cute that her grandchildren will see and pick up a rock that they think their grandma will like and give it to her. Linda
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda April 4th 2012, 12:15 pm

I have seen rocks stacked, and find it wonderful to know that I can add a rock to it, with good intentions. (-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down