Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does Spiritualism mean to You?

+6
shortangel
bhagavandas
Arbel
ATouchofHeart
Taurus20
Aussiepom
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What does Spiritualism mean to You? Empty What does Spiritualism mean to You?

Post by Aussiepom February 19th 2013, 12:03 pm

Contact with spirit?
Life after physical death?
Mediumship?
Physical mediumship?
Trance mediumship?
Any other form of Mediumship?

Aussiepom.
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

What does Spiritualism mean to You? Empty Re: What does Spiritualism mean to You?

Post by Taurus20 February 19th 2013, 12:51 pm

Aussiepom wrote:Contact with spirit?
Life after physical death?
Mediumship?
Physical mediumship?
Trance mediumship?
Any other form of Mediumship?

Aussiepom.
Thanks Aussiepom for an interesting post, I'm interested in seeing what others think it is too! Good Post
This is my opinion:
Spiritualism to me is believing I am a soul first and I am living in a physical body for this lifetime and many others. We incarnate to earth and other planets as physical beings to learn lessons and by doing this we earn a higher place in the thereafter. I believe in God as our one source but I know that my God can be a called by another name by others. Spiritualism is not religion but you can be religious and be spiritual too. Religion is man made laws taken by different interpretation of the bible. By being spiritual I feel closer to God and my higher self. Connection to the other side does not necessarily mean you are spiritual. I believe spiritualism is in all of us, we just have to let ourselves find it. To me it means not having to be afraid of my leaving or other loved ones passing because we know we will be together again.
In this incarnation I have lived on this earth many years before I discovered spiritualism, some discover it earlier than others but when you do you find peace. Smile
I don't like the word death because our soul never dies we just choose not to live in this physical body any longer. We do have our choice no one plans it for us, we make all our choices before incarnating but it can change if we decide to change it if we decide we want to stay in this physical body longer.

It will be interesting to hear how others interpret spiritualism
Love Peace Light Heart Pump
Taurus20
Taurus20

Female
Number of posts : 356
Hobbies : Meditation,reading, swimming,dancing and having fun .
Tell us about yourself : Looking for like minded people to connect with while on this spiritual journey.
Appreciation Points : 469
Registration date : 2013-02-16

Back to top Go down

What does Spiritualism mean to You? Empty Re: What does Spiritualism mean to You?

Post by Aussiepom February 19th 2013, 2:31 pm

Exactly,Taurus.

We are soul first,the physical shell is there to protect us from the rigors of the earth.
God,the Great Spirit or whatever we wish to call him/her is the summit of what we call spirit or soul.

Our individual spirits are offered other lives to progress in spirituality. We are not forced to reincarnate but the aim is climb through each plane learning as we go.

Something like our school days,we progress through each class or year as we learn.
Reaching the highest plane of all to meld with the Great Spirit.

Incidently have you ever read any of the books about Silver Birch?
He answers many questions about spirit and life in the spirit world.
The books are written by a very well known medium,his name escapes at the moment.
My favourite book is about Leslie Flint,one the greatest mediums known. A very unassuming man.

Written in the days when spiritualism meant something.
Smile

Aussiepom.

Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurus20 February 19th 2013, 8:21 pm

I haven't read about Silver Birch, but I will look it up and also Leslie Flint, I am always looking for new spiritual books to learn from. Thank you!

I love Our Souls Gift, I have learned so much from this book, I keep it on my Kindle so I can go back to read it over and over. It is the only book that I have every read that I purposely took a long time to read because I really wanted to absorb everything he said. If you have read his other book Our Souls Plan this one is even better, if not you should read both!

Heart Pump
Taurus20
Taurus20

Female
Number of posts : 356
Hobbies : Meditation,reading, swimming,dancing and having fun .
Tell us about yourself : Looking for like minded people to connect with while on this spiritual journey.
Appreciation Points : 469
Registration date : 2013-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart February 20th 2013, 12:38 am

Do you mean Maurice Barbanell - Aussiepom
I have still to read those.
Thanks, I should look that up again.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Number of posts : 808
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom February 20th 2013, 7:30 am

Taurus20 wrote:I haven't read about Silver Birch, but I will look it up and also Leslie Flint, I am always looking for new spiritual books to learn from. Thank you!

I love Our Souls Gift, I have learned so much from this book, I keep it on my Kindle so I can go back to read it over and over. It is the only book that I have every read that I purposely took a long time to read because I really wanted to absorb everything he said. If you have read his other book Our Souls Plan this one is even better, if not you should read both!

Heart Pump

'Our Souls Gift'. That sounds interesting,have never heard of that title before.
Would you mind giving me the author's name,please?
There are many books on spiritualism and many authors who write about it.
Good luck.

Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom February 20th 2013, 7:34 am

ATouchofHeart wrote:Do you mean Maurice Barbanell - Aussiepom
I have still to read those.
Thanks, I should look that up again.

Maurice Barbanell? That's him. Silver Birch gave his account of what life is like in spirit.
There are also accounts where Silver Birch through Maurice Barbanell,answered questions about various aspects to do with spirit.
These are on recorded tapes,ATouchofHeart. Smile

Aussiepom.

Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart February 20th 2013, 9:16 am

Thank you Aussiepom.
I listened to all six video/audio's last night. Was good.

Deb
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbel February 21st 2013, 11:57 am

Speaking for myself only I enjoyed my time in spiritualism even though I was only involved with it for four years until spirit removed me to a different path but I have always regarded spiritualism as a stepping stone in my journey

Arbel
Arbel
Arbel

Number of posts : 241
Appreciation Points : 316
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom February 21st 2013, 12:12 pm

ATouchofHeart wrote:Thank you Aussiepom.
I listened to all six video/audio's last night. Was good.

Deb

I'm pleased about that,Deb. Did you know that Silver Birch was approx so many thousand years old?
After Maurice Barbanell passed over,Silver Birch refused to come through any other mediums. Why we never have ever received any more teachings from SB.
Such a shame....

Aussiepom
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart February 21st 2013, 10:26 pm

Arbel wrote:Speaking for myself only I enjoyed my time in spiritualism even though I was only involved with it for four years until spirit removed me to a different path but I have always regarded spiritualism as a stepping stone in my journey

Arbel

If I may ask? Was that your choice or do you believe it was spirit driven?

Deb
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbel February 22nd 2013, 4:21 am

Hi Deb

It was spirit that removed me from the spiritualist church I served in away I did not expect as my path was not in spiritualism which I now understand the reason of why it happened. Spirit work in way we do not understand and at times they throw you into the deep end as the saying goes and it is sink or swim until we do understand

Arbel
Arbel
Arbel

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom February 22nd 2013, 5:08 am

Spiritualism to me can be a rather mysterious subject.
So many paths lead from it to other avenues. Too many to understand at times.
Pyschism,mediumship,Life after death,the spirit world etc.

Makes one wonder where the subject ends.

Joan
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbel February 22nd 2013, 5:51 am

The subject never ends Joan it just continues in different contexts as every thing is connected to the higher good of all and things are only mysterious if one does not understand them. A time is coming when we will all understand the bigger picture of truth that must come to pass and then we will all know

Arbel
Arbel
Arbel

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart February 22nd 2013, 9:15 am

Arbel wrote:Hi Deb

It was spirit that removed me from the spiritualist church I served in away I did not expect as my path was not in spiritualism which I now understand the reason of why it happened. Spirit work in way we do not understand and at times they throw you into the deep end as the saying goes and it is sink or swim until we do understand

Got it, thank you. That happens to me too.

Arbel
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart February 22nd 2013, 9:16 am

Arbel wrote:Hi Deb

Arbel

I did not reply right to you...

Got it, thank you. That happens to me too.

Deb
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart February 22nd 2013, 9:17 am

I don't thing there is ever an end Joan.
We continue to learn after we pass over; from what I have experienced.

ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart February 22nd 2013, 9:18 am

I'll post something on this topic later; it's deep.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom February 22nd 2013, 12:35 pm

ATouchofHeart wrote:I don't thing there is ever an end Joan.
We continue to learn after we pass over; from what I have experienced.

Too true. We go on learning until we reach the Great Spirit. Through progression in spirituality.
To learn all there is to learn and more if possible. I wonder if it ever ends,Debs.
Just how much does the soul hold in learning? Is there ever an end to it?

Your quote at the bottom of your page. 3000 years! Such a shame that SB would not consent to communicating with another medium. How much more would we have learned?

Joan
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom February 22nd 2013, 12:44 pm

Arbel wrote:The subject never ends Joan it just continues in different contexts as every thing is connected to the higher good of all and things are only mysterious if one does not understand them. A time is coming when we will all understand the bigger picture of truth that must come to pass and then we will all know

Arbel

Just what I was saying to Debs,Bill.

Have you ever read any of Silver Birch's books? If you haven't,try one,Bill.
I think you have many of your questions answered in those books.
Joan Thumb
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbel February 22nd 2013, 1:33 pm

I read some of the books of Silver Birch a long time ago and that guide cannot answer my questions; when my awakening came Joan I gave all my spiritual books away and I had some I can tell you but my path changed and I have never been able to read a spiritual book ever since. My awakening was also the reason why spirit removed me from spiritualism to a much higher spiritual vibration I never even knew existed and this is one path I can never get off even though I have tried

Arbel
Arbel
Arbel

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom February 22nd 2013, 5:15 pm

Arbel wrote:I read some of the books of Silver Birch a long time ago and that guide cannot answer my questions; when my awakening came Joan I gave all my spiritual books away and I had some I can tell you but my path changed and I have never been able to read a spiritual book ever since. My awakening was also the reason why spirit removed me from spiritualism to a much higher spiritual vibration I never even knew existed and this is one path I can never get off even though I have tried

Arbel

Never give up,Bill.....Just wait and let spirit do the work.... Praying

Joan
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas March 17th 2013, 1:13 am

I think that Spiritualism means different things to different people. Spiritualism is a very BIG belief system. What I mean by that is this: there are a LOT of different types of Spiritualists... Christian Spiritualists, Hindu Spiritualists, Secular Spiritualists. I think that the main thing they have in common is this: the belief that the human body is only a vessel to house the immortal soul. The immortal soul is the real 'you.' The immortal soul never dies, but continues forever.
That is what Spiritualism is to me.
bhagavandas
bhagavandas

Male
Number of posts : 104
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom March 17th 2013, 7:48 am

A belief that is held by everyone,Mike.

We just know inside that there is something more than Physical death.

Joan
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by shortangel March 17th 2013, 10:12 am

Spiritualism to me means we never die and the contact from spirit is an added bonus.

June
shortangel
shortangel

Number of posts : 38
Appreciation Points : 47
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next