Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Spirituality and Its Affect on Others

4 posters

Go down

Your Spirituality and Its Affect on Others Empty Your Spirituality and Its Affect on Others

Post by sunmystic March 22nd 2013, 12:07 pm

The are two ways for your spirituality to affect others. One way is to dictate spirituality to others and the other way is to be a living example of your spirituality. Cults are formed by a person or a group of persons that wish to dictate their spirituality to others. And this is usually done in the name of helping these others. Folks that are a living example of spirituality do not form cults or tell others, for these others own good, how they should be. Folks that are a living example of spirituality share with others by their example that there is a possibility of there being another way for these others to be. sunmystic
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Your Spirituality and Its Affect on Others Empty Re: Your Spirituality and Its Affect on Others

Post by mia March 22nd 2013, 12:24 pm

Yup!
mia
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 983
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1363
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Your Spirituality and Its Affect on Others Empty Re: Your Spirituality and Its Affect on Others

Post by Arbel March 22nd 2013, 12:58 pm

I agree

Bill
Arbel
Arbel

Number of posts : 241
Appreciation Points : 316
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrick March 22nd 2013, 1:16 pm

Well stated, John.

Your post topic brought to mind the notion of spiritual vanity. To my mind, spiritual vanity or spiritual pride is like any other form of vanity or inflated pride. Vanity or inflated pride are overcompensations for a negative self-view or a lack of self-acceptance. In spiritual vanity or pride the self-view is inflated to compensate for feelings of inadequacy. We are expressing spiritual vanity or pride when we are attempting to put yourself above others because of our alleged spiritual accomplishments.Telling others that our spiritual processes are superior to theirs or that we have put many hours into our development .Letting others know that we are operating from higher levels of consciousness or awareness than they are. Announcing that our source of spiritual development is above all others.

In my view, vanity or inflated pride is a sign that much work needs to be done. One upping others is rude and inconsistant with someone being in touch with their deeper nature.
A well balanced human being recognizes that others are a part of their larger self and promotes the growth of others.

If vanity or inflated pride are a challenge, then locate the feelings and beliefs beneath them. Perhaps some anxieties or insecurities about ourselves exist? Maybe a strong neediness to be accepted, appreciated, or even admired lives beneath the inflation due to feelings coming from self-denigration. These feelings are grist for integration or processing.

~*~

Be well
Elrick

Elrick
Elrick
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 120
Appreciation Points : 197
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic March 22nd 2013, 3:06 pm

Elrick wrote:Well stated, John.

Your post topic brought to mind the notion of spiritual vanity. To my mind, spiritual vanity or spiritual pride is like any other form of vanity or inflated pride. Vanity or inflated pride are overcompensations for a negative self-view or a lack of self-acceptance. In spiritual vanity or pride the self-view is inflated to compensate for feelings of inadequacy. We are expressing spiritual vanity or pride when we are attempting to put yourself above others because of our alleged spiritual accomplishments.Telling others that our spiritual processes are superior to theirs or that we have put many hours into our development .Letting others know that we are operating from higher levels of consciousness or awareness than they are. Announcing that our source of spiritual development is above all others.

In my view, vanity or inflated pride is a sign that much work needs to be done. One upping others is rude and inconsistant with someone being in touch with their deeper nature.
A well balanced human being recognizes that others are a part of their larger self and promotes the growth of others.

If vanity or inflated pride are a challenge, then locate the feelings and beliefs beneath them. Perhaps some anxieties or insecurities about ourselves exist? Maybe a strong neediness to be accepted, appreciated, or even admired lives beneath the inflation due to feelings coming from self-denigration. These feelings are grist for integration or processing.

~*~

Be well
Elrick

Elrick, I wish that the world was as advanced as you are, it would then be a "way" more fun place to live in Smile ! Love, John
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down