Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uploading photos

4 posters

Go down

Uploading photos Empty Uploading photos

Post by ATouchofHeart April 2nd 2013, 9:35 pm

What does this mean please......

Could not upload file : exceeded total storage space. (Free space : 16)

I made it the right size it asked (in photoshop) and 72 dpi for screen.

Still would not load.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Number of posts : 808
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Uploading photos Empty Re: Uploading photos

Post by Vanilla2 April 3rd 2013, 11:07 am

Hm I am wondering if maybe this forums band width needs expanding, guess that would be done by our admin moderator, owner. I'm sure I have come across that message before, some years ago elseware. Of course I may be totally wrong.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann April 3rd 2013, 1:22 pm

the only method I have ever gotten pictures here is by uploading first to photobucket or tinypic.com
then copy and paste the IMG code into post area.

or right click a pic and post the url code with
[img] in front of it and
at again at end of it but add a / mark after [ on the end
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart April 3rd 2013, 6:33 pm

Thank you Mia

Thank you Laura Ann. I will try that.

I have been able to upload photos before, not sure why it's saying what it is now.

I've even seen a photo by one of the men here (can't remember which one) maybe Bill inside a post.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie53 April 3rd 2013, 8:08 pm

Hi Deb,

I found this in the FAQ section, I hope it helps Very Happy:

Can I post Images?Images
can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at
present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must
link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g.
http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to
pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible
server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as
Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display
the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if
allowed)
Julie53
Julie53

Number of posts : 79
Appreciation Points : 92
Registration date : 2013-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart April 3rd 2013, 8:59 pm

Thank you Julie53

I don't know about
BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (over my head)

I've done it before when I first came here so that confuses me.
But I will try your suggestion also.

Thanks
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie53 April 4th 2013, 6:33 pm

Uploading photos Desert11

Hi Deb,

That information above I sent you was from the FAQ section of this web site, it doesn't make sense to me either .

I experimented and found as you are posting you can:

1. click on the icon above that says "host an image".

2. browse your image on your computer

3. click on the "Host It" button below your image location you located.

4. At Image url: manually copy the link (highlight it then either right click it and choose copy or try the "copy" button--whichever one works.

5. Choose the other top icon "image"

6. paste in the link you copied and your image should show up on your post....

I hope that makes sense Very Happy
Julie53
Julie53

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart April 4th 2013, 9:43 pm

Thank you I'll check it out.
Nice photo by the way.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart April 4th 2013, 9:49 pm

To post something I always go to "post a reply" and I try "Attach file" which is not working for me.

Seems you are talking about posting in this small box
and I see where it says host an image.

Ok, I'll try it.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f74/12/66/67/58/311.jpg
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart April 4th 2013, 9:49 pm

It works for me if you click on the link but now in the post. LOL figures.
LOL
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart April 4th 2013, 9:53 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f74/12/66/67/58/311.jpg
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart April 4th 2013, 9:55 pm

3rd time's a charm - right?
How difficult can this be. I've followed your notes to a T

Uploading photos 311

I didn't' follow your #5 properly....I was still on the same pop up box I grabbed the photo from. Uploading photos 399384

THANK YOU JULIE Uploading photos 220146
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie53 April 5th 2013, 6:40 pm

Great work Deb!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The Photo was just a sample picture that is in windows, it is beautiful.
Happy picture posting Deb Uploading photos 2824243647
Julie53
Julie53

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart April 5th 2013, 6:46 pm

Uploading photos 220146
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down