Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photos all gone...

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Photos all gone... Empty Photos all gone...

Post by ATouchofHeart July 18th 2013, 11:59 pm

May I ask why photos in the posts are all coming up with text of:

Media is not available.
TO SHARE YOUR OWN IMAGES TRY IMAGESHACK.
ImageShack
click on this image to try.

Is this the new and only way to share photos?
Did I ruin it for everyone?
I am a visual person and love visuals.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Number of posts : 808
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Photos all gone... Empty Re: Photos all gone...

Post by sunmystic July 19th 2013, 10:38 am

Deb, this advertisement is coming up in my posts also and I did not post any photos. My guess is that we have a "spammer". Because I am actually only a "global moderator" and I am not actually an administrator even though it says I am, there is nothing that I can do about, "We are spammed". Spirit Being is the only true administrator that I know of and he seems to have wandered off. I guess we are stuck with it, and it is not your fault. You are loved! sunmystic
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom July 19th 2013, 2:55 pm

Yes,I noticed that as well,John.

Thought it was some new system that the site had taken over.

Must admit I prefer photos coming in from my own computer.
I know it is safe...
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 19th 2013, 3:35 pm

Aussiepom wrote:Yes,I noticed that as well,John.

Thought it was some new system that the site had taken over.

Must admit I prefer photos coming in from my own computer.
I know it is safe...

It might be Joan, I don't know. Wikipedia says that Imageshack is real and the fourth fastest growing on the internet. In my opinion a hacker did it and if they did that, then what else is there that they might have done? There was a hacker group that does not like Imageshack and they have caused Imageshack some inconvenience. And if there was a change in policy, then there would have been some kind of notice, and the advertisement does not say that it will work. It just says try it. I think that Vanilla2 was right, a message board with a disinterested owner is doomed, so why bother. I was hoping that she was wrong, even though in my heart I knew that she was right. If the truth be known I owe her an apology. Darn. But then she is a very smart person Smile  . Guys, I think that this might be good bye. If it is, it has been nice to get to know you guys.  sunmystic
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcrow July 19th 2013, 6:00 pm

Shocked I Too noticed that sign its pretty hard not to  but i dont post photos i wont even have my photo taken, my grandmother used to say if someone takes your photograph they take a piece of your soul:gst:
Blackcrow
Blackcrow

Number of posts : 41
Appreciation Points : 49
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann July 19th 2013, 7:26 pm

this is a free phpp forum.. It will not shut down unless the owner deletes it or  it goes about 6 months without any activity.

as far as the photo issue. Even a free forum requires someone to pay for extra storage space to hold photos and videos.
it must be paid  or no storage to host  photos , this includes uploading out of personal computors..

I would say storage is out...

you should try an outside storage and copy and paste .. let me try something
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann July 19th 2013, 7:30 pm

Photos all gone... B8pkb4

I used tinypic.com

then copy and pasted the IMG code

now someone needs to go to phpp and report owner missing in action but forum still active seems to be a hack by image shack and ask them to  enter and delete...
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 19th 2013, 8:45 pm

Oh no, we are not disappearing are we?

Trying tinypic.com

[url=Photos all gone... 2lt3tas][/url]

What is a global moderator?
I wonder why the administrator  left?
Do you think we should continue on somewhere else together?
Is Spirit-Being the one with the candle's at the bottom of her posts?

Last edited by ATouchofHeart on July 20th 2013, 1:52 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : removing too many pic - tried removing that black box - did not work.)
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 19th 2013, 8:46 pm

Opps I guess it worked 3x Wink
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 19th 2013, 8:47 pm

I really enjoy the posts here....we shouldn't lose our connections.
In my personal opinion....
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 20th 2013, 1:01 am

I have no intention of leaving

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 20th 2013, 1:43 am

skfarblum wrote:I have no intention of leaving

YEAH!!! Me neither.........Circle of Friends
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom July 20th 2013, 10:39 am

I'm still here,down at my daughter's at the moment.....

Very Happy 

Joan xx
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 20th 2013, 11:01 am

Thank you Laura Ann for the input, it is much appreciated! I don't know much about computers so it is nice to have someone around that does Smile  . Spirit Being is a male and thirty seven or so years old. I think that this message board was passed on to him by somebody that didn't want it anymore. He lost interest a long time back and made everybody that was active "Administrators", which is how Mia and I got to be "Administrators". But we are not true administrators, all we can do is move around, delete, and edit things. We can not ban, make folks members, or any of the other abilities that a true administrator can do. And to my knowledge Spirit Being is the owner and the only true administrator.

So Laura Ann, do you want a message board, you have had a message board, you have computer savvy, and you know how this stuff works?  If you guys are going to stay, then I will stay as long as you want me to, staff or not. And Laura Ann gave us a solve if we as active members wish to or can implement it. What does the group mind have to say about this Smile  ? You are loved! john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 20th 2013, 11:14 am

I like it very much here.Not only because I enjoy and respect the people but
also for what is for me very interesting and stimulating subjects.
I went to the phBB site and I think it is possible to ask them to do
something about the advert.
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 20th 2013, 11:21 am

Who to contact concerning Spam or Illegal Content on phpBB.com forums #
If you encounter spam, illegal content or links to sites containing illegal content on the phpBB.com or area51.phpbb.com forums, please use the Report Post report icon button on the post containing the spam content or link.
This I found at the phpBB site.
However if there is no admin,then we maybe stuck,unless someone can be admin.
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 20th 2013, 11:33 am

Stephen, going to have a look at things at the phpBB site seems to be a very good idea Smile  ! Humm? If Laura Ann is correct and I very much suspect that she is, then the advertisement is not spam. It is just someone not paying the bills anymore. john off to study the phpBB website. I had a phpBB message board back in the day but it has been so long ago that I had forgotten about the information that Laura Ann so kindly presented. If I was to be a voting member of this group mind, I would vote that Stephen and Deb be the co-owners of this message board. But that is just my opinion.
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann July 20th 2013, 11:40 am

here is where you need to go

http://help.forumotion.com/

then join

then go to appropriate forum slot and type in issue including missing admin owner., ask how to  proceed or how to change ownership etc
they also will need  you to copy paste  url to  the forum so they can click to  go there without it they will not answer anyone.

it is  a slow process with them to answer and resolve issues  I found during my forum days

often takes up to a day or two to get response.
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann July 20th 2013, 11:54 am

okay I went to my old sign in there and posted on your behalf.. now need to wait  on answers.

here is what I posted
=======================
I am a member of this forum.

am here to represent several of its members

http://www.spiritsjourney.net/t2124-photos-all-gone

Problem one.........the owner has not been to forum for a very very long time and it has some serious issues going on.
It wont take pics and all pics that were on the forum have now disappeared  ..not sure if a image shack hack or  no paid space left..... can  admin here take a look please?It does look a if a hacker spammed with image shack.

problem two... is it possible  for you to change owner hands since the owner apparently has lost interest? Can you contact them and see if they would change it  over to someone who is actually interested in maintaining the site? No member has the ability to contact the  actual Owner of said site  .

At this time there are only moderators under the guise of admin who have no actual ability to go to control room  so to speak to check things, buy credits,  ban etc.back room control .

can you help ????? can you advise? Is there a solution to this problem...

await your response eagerly.
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 20th 2013, 11:59 am

laura ann wrote:here is where you need to go

http://help.forumotion.com/

then join

then go to appropriate forum slot and type in issue including missing admin owner., ask how to  proceed or how to change ownership etc
they also will need  you to copy paste  url to  the forum so they can click to  go there without it they will not answer anyone.

it is  a slow process with them to answer and resolve issues  I found during my forum days

often takes up to a day or two to get response.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Laura Ann. I joined their forum and membership again so that I can explore them as a member, but your gift of the address and advice sure shortened things down a bit because so far all I have found is help for folks that have message boards, not the part for help to message board members Smile  . Thank you! Thank you! Laura Ann. Love, john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 20th 2013, 12:01 pm

Thanks Laura Ann

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 20th 2013, 12:13 pm

Well Smile  :

You are part of the administration of a forum and the [b class="coloradmin" style="color:#aa0000"]founder is absent[/b]
There is a solution to recover the main administration:

Above all, it must meet the following conditions:

The [b class="coloradmin" style="color:#aa0000"]founder[/b] must be absent for at least six months and one day.
    That is her last connection should go back to that date.
    (Any application with an absence of less than six months & one day will not be processed.)

If there are other administrators or moderators you must provide written agreement stating that they accept that you take the status of the [b class="coloradmin" style="color:#aa0000"]founder[/b].
    (This agreement should be written as a message on the forum by each member concerned, otherwise it will not be valid.)

From there, if all the above conditions are met, you must provide:

The URL forum concerned with the recovery.

Screen printing Profile of the [b class="coloradmin" style="color:#aa0000"]founder[/b](public profile, visible to all members and if the Advanced Profile is activated, screen printing is desired that the tab "Statistics") showing the last visit of the [b class="coloradmin" style="color:#aa0000"]founder[/b](with the format of the date indicating the year: Profile ==] Preferences ==] Date Format).

Printing screen list of special users (in the admin panel, tab "User & Groups" then left, "special users").

Printing screen or a link to a story accessible to guests gathering the various written agreements obtained beforehand.

Email address never registered on any forum to be able to make the changes for the [b class="coloradmin" style="color:#aa0000"]founder[/b] account.

Send it to one staff members at the following list: Administrators (Sanket), Managers or Support Moderators

*Note* This process will take some time as it needs to be forward to a pro admin.

After a review of your case, if it appears that the case is valid, the account recovery [b class="coloradmin" style="color:#aa0000"]founder[/b] will be done!
(You will receive new names on the mailbox that allow you to login as the [b class="coloradmin" style="color:#aa0000"]founder[/b].)
------------
That is the rules if one is a part of administration.  Will be back with the rules if we do it as a group. john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 20th 2013, 12:24 pm

3 - You're not part of the administration of a forum and the [b class="coloradmin" style="color:#aa0000"]founder is absent[/b]
There is always a way to recover the account [b class="coloradmin" style="color:#aa0000"]founder[/b]. Simply fill in the same conditions as above, plus this one:

If there is another admin. He/She must also provide their written agreement stating that they authorize you to become a [b class="coloradmin" style="color:#aa0000"]founder[/b]. Then provide screen printing or the link to the topic in the same manner explained above.
    (Must not have been connected for at least six months & one day.)

Photos all gone... WarningThe original founder has a period of two months from the date the change was made to get his/her forum.

If there is no claim within two months, the forum will become the property of the new [b class="coloradmin" style="color:#aa0000"]founder[/b], without possible appeal!
------------------

That is the rules for us as non administration people. And spirit Being hasn't been gone "six" months. So I guess everybody continues on as we were doing before and Laura and I will see if we can pay the picture hosting bill if that is the problem. Major "hugs" guys!Thanks to Laura Ann things are not quite as grey as they seemed to be Smile  ! Love, john

Last edited by sunmystic on July 20th 2013, 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann July 20th 2013, 12:30 pm

I actually did second post there as well.. The one who answered my first post  is just  a member same as John or I  are there.
I again repeated need help with image issue and if  they would look to see if a a hack by omage shack and a solution. this problem requires a non member there. I requires a  admin or moderator there on the help board.

if it is  money to pay for storage ....it usually requires access to control panels in the control back room of this forum which no one has so paying for it may not be  an option.... we will see what they say on this issue......
stay tuned

P.S. John youu are welcome... no biggy
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 20th 2013, 12:34 pm

laura ann wrote:I actually did second post there as well.. The one who answered my first post  is just  a member same as John or I  are there.
I again repeated need help with image issue and if  they would look to see if a a hack by omage shack and a solution. this problem requires a non member there. I requires a  admin or moderator there on the help board.

if it is  money to pay for storage ....it usually requires access to control panels in the control back room of this forum which no one has so paying for it may not be  an option.... we will see what they say on this issue......
stay tuned

Ok Laura Smile  I will go check in as a member of staff and see how that goes. This is way too much fun! john

Opps! It requires their staff to solve. Thanks again Laura!
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next