Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for the future of the forum

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ideas for the future of the forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for the future of the forum

Post by mia July 23rd 2013, 11:22 am

summystic wrote: We should also keep in mind that Spirit Being has the ©️ on everything that is published on this message board and that his permission is required to transfer anything (at least legally speaking). 

as we are mods here Sunny, we can delete/moderate.
I have deleted my thread in ..... the personal forum already
One can copy whatever, then we have the info for future use Smile
It can be just reworded Smile
How can we contact to ask permission anyway.
When the new board is sorted, methinks a few should have the means to admin xxx
mia
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 983
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1363
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Ideas for the future of the forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for the future of the forum

Post by mia July 23rd 2013, 11:23 am

sunmystic wrote: Mia, you and I have been pulling the same carriage for so long that I would feel a bit lost without you. You are loved! john

aww thank you!
mia
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 23rd 2013, 12:08 pm

I agree Mia

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 23rd 2013, 12:25 pm

mia wrote:
summystic wrote: We should also keep in mind that Spirit Being has the ©️ on everything that is published on this message board and that his permission is required to transfer anything (at least legally speaking). 

as we are mods here Sunny, we can delete/moderate.
I have deleted my thread in ..... the personal forum already
One can copy whatever, then we have the info for future use Smile
It can be just reworded Smile
How can we contact to ask permission anyway.
When the new board is sorted, methinks a few should have the means to admin xxx

Well Mia, that is up to the Boss, he is the Administrator and I am the Moderator and it is my job to put the message board to bed if anything happens to him Smile  . I do feel though that there should be some sort of interplay between the members in good standing (including the moderators) and the Administrator with the head of the moderator staff as the go between. In an ideal world an Administrator would be the same as a "benevolent" monarch, and the members are as the House of Commons, and the moderator staff are as the House of Lords, with the head of the moderator staff as sort of as the Prime Minister, with the understanding that anybody and everybody can say to heck with it all and move to another kingdom if they are unhappy about just any little thing Smile  .  Just love! john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mia July 23rd 2013, 12:34 pm

lol, ok, I'll send him a message asking for permission, stating that if I receive no answer within 7 days, I take my request to be answered affirmatively ....

seriously, I have only taken that which I put in myself and some I posted with the permission of the authors and credited to them.

I wonder what's happened to SB
I hope he is ok
Anyone have any thoughts?
mia
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 23rd 2013, 1:05 pm

mia wrote:lol, ok, I'll send him a message asking for permission, stating that if I receive no answer within 7 days, I take my request to be answered affirmatively ....

seriously, I have only taken that which I put in myself and some I posted with the permission of the authors and credited to them.

I wonder what's happened to SB
I hope he is ok
Anyone have any thoughts?

As far as I know Mia you have a legal right to anything that you have posted. It is just that because he also carries the copy write on it you may have to share any money that you might make off of that which you have published in his publication, should he ever say anything about it. And with all of the natural disaster stuff that has been happening to the East Coast of the United States your concern for Spirit Being's welfare is valid. Spirit Being in his profile did seem to indicate that he lives on the East Coast of the United States and things have been very ruff for the folks that are living there. Love, john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 23rd 2013, 11:29 pm

I notice the black advert has gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 24th 2013, 4:03 am

Please see this site on owner of this forum.
http://www.spiritsjourney.net.outerstats.com/.
Thanks to Laura Ann for this info.
The owner of this site is a Theresa Stelmach.
According to the above site.

Back to top Go down

Post by mia July 24th 2013, 5:03 am

skfarblum wrote:Please see this site on owner of this forum.

Blinkin Heck!
This was a surprise!

Well done Laura!
There is a complete address and phone number and email address too!
Actually two addresses?
mia
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 24th 2013, 1:55 pm

Thanks again Laura Ann! This site's subscription runs out November this year. It will be interesting to see what happens. Well, now that Laura came through like a champ again and has found the owner, maybe some one in Britain can see if she can be contacted. The message board is worth $239 US and makes .18 cents a day income. Too cool, Laura Ann! Love, john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mia July 24th 2013, 1:59 pm

sunmystic wrote:

Thanks again Laura Ann! This site's subscription runs out November this year. It will be interesting to see what happens. Well, now that Laura came through like a champ again and has found the owner, maybe some one in Britain can see if she can be contacted. The message board is worth $239 US and makes .18 cents a day income. Too cool, Laura Ann! Love, john

I thought we would have a new one .... start again ...... no?
mia
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 24th 2013, 2:00 pm

And too cool about the Imageshack advertisement being gone. Somebody out there loves us Smile  . john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 24th 2013, 2:07 pm

mia wrote:
sunmystic wrote:

I thought we would have a new one .... start again ...... no?

That is up to you guys. It is ok with me either way. I am excited about a new one and I hope that it happens. And things settled on this one would also be nice. john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 25th 2013, 12:33 am

I am uncertain.I feel at this point I want to wait a bit
to see what happens here.
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom July 25th 2013, 10:48 am

Check if possible each member that registers.   Like for instance....'Are they safe to have on site?'

There are a few members around who are causing mischief and upsetting other members.

Joan x
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 25th 2013, 11:23 am

Aussiepom wrote:Check if possible each member that registers.   Like for instance....'Are they safe to have on site?'

There are a few members around who are causing mischief and upsetting other members.

Joan x

Joan, this is at this time an "owner absent message board" and only the owner has the ability to do what you are suggesting, no one else on this message board does. Which means that this message board is open to "Trolls" and "Hacking" and there is nothing that anybody can do about it. This message board is doomed Smile  . We are all just fiddling while we are waiting for the ship to sink. It takes four to six months for one of you guys to become the new owner and the contract between the present owners and the message board service providers is up in three months  Smile  .  john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom July 25th 2013, 11:29 am

Now I understand,John.    I wasn't quite sure what was happening.

Well,I've been on a few sites and know quite a few members by name so if I see any
known to me who are trouble makers,will let you know.

Thanks John.....
Joan x
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 25th 2013, 12:03 pm

Aussiepom wrote:Now I understand,John.    I wasn't quite sure what was happening.

Well,I've been on a few sites and know quite a few members by name so if I see any
known to me who are trouble makers,will let you know.

Thanks John.....
Joan x

Joan I would rather not know Smile  >  The fun is in the surprise. At this point this message board is a "soap opera" and we are waiting to see how the fates write the script. To be honest with you guys, this is the last message board that I am going to be a member user on. After this I am going to be the owner/founder of my own message board or a co-owner/founder of a message board. Twenty years of this stuff is enough. I do not want to play the member user game anymore. And I do not care if my message board is just a little message board that is lost in the highways and by ways of the internet. It will be mine or shared with one other person and whatever that message board becomes or does not become will be my fault and the fault of nobody else. Nope, nope, and nope! No more of this. Twenty years day in and day out is enough. If I am going to put work and effort in something, then I want some control over that something's destiny. john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 25th 2013, 2:05 pm

Guys I seem to be creating negativity, so I am going to give myself a time out. I will continue to watch things but only as an observer. Stephen I am no longer interested in a co-owner/founder relationship anymore. I have to explore things on my own which I know is ok with you and that all is well. What most administrators don't understand is that one has to know and understand the mathematics of chaos before they can run a successful message board over time. Like Jeff Goldblum said in the movie "Jurassic Park", "Life will find a way!" Which means that stuff will happen and because of this, if you do not understand the mathematics of chaos, then you are always in a "reactive" state instead of a "proactive" state. Eventually that burns you out and things slowly begin to fall a part, including your sanity. Most administrators can run the mechanical aspects of a message board, but they can not run the psycho social aspects of a message board, over time, because they are constantly being forced into a "reactive" state because they do not understand the mathematics of chaos. My problem is that I don't want to learn the mechanical of administrating a message board, for whatever reason, even though I have the aptitude. This I perceive as a limiting personality flaw that needs to be solved. So I have to do this on my own. Anyway everybody, thank you for your wonderful good wishes, they are appreciated! Love, john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mia July 25th 2013, 3:35 pm

You are probably feeling this way cos you are in transition.

Whatever you decide to do, take care xxx
mia
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 26th 2013, 12:18 am

I second what mia wrote.
Take care.
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann July 26th 2013, 10:18 am

I have sent email ot email addy
and 2 messges ot two of her facebook pages.

the expires in Oct is I believe merely the  right   of domain name ownership expires.

You have to buy the  domain name  or anyone can use it.. it is  a option for any forum to own your  name .  You buy it for however many years.

if you look a tbottom of forum you will see  acontribution  in red word
here people can contribute  money which buys credits. the name and or  picture and vieo space is  bought with credits.

BUT.. of course  a butt

it requires ability to  enter admin controls to use the credits ..
but site wont shut down in oct... not what that is about.
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mia July 27th 2013, 6:17 am

I too emailed SB today.
I asked if one of us could be given admin ability to keep the forum going.
mia
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom July 27th 2013, 7:54 am

Well,you need an Admin and at least two Moderators.
Rules and regulations about what members can say and not say.   In other words to be polite at all times.

To give warnings to naughty members.Shocked 
Every computer has a IP number as identification.
So if a member is dispatched from the site and is thought to have returned under another user name,IP's can be checked. (Of course they may own two computers....Smile )

Last but not least,to have patience with members who do not understand the workings of a site.    To give assistance when possible.

How's that?
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 27th 2013, 8:25 am

Excellent.Except nobody has password or owner ID to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next