Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dream about suicide

4 posters

Go down

Dream about suicide Empty Dream about suicide

Post by Spirit-Being August 9th 2009, 10:56 am

Dream
Me and my mother were being chased by police and many people it seemed that the whole world was after us. We ran to a house and hid in an upstairs room. These people that were after us were waiting downstairs for some reason that could not come up stairs just yet something was preventing them. I knew if they caught me i would go away for a very long time. Thoughts of suicide came to me i contemplated how i could do this because i was not going to allow them to imprison me. I took a cord went to the closet and wrapped it around my neck and picked my feet up so i would hang there, but all i felt was pressure it was as if no matter how tight the cord would be it would not kill me. The next thing that popped in my mind was a razor blade i thought this will surely do the job, so i tried cutting into my wrists but strangely enough this did not produce blood i was unable to kill myself. And then i awoke.

I am very confused about this dream if you have any interpretations as to what this could mean it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Dream about suicide Empty Re: Dream about suicide

Post by Wind-Dancer August 9th 2009, 10:58 am

When "death" appears in a dream, it is a very reliable indicator that the dreamer is growing and changing so profoundly that only the "death" of the old you(or part of you) is an adequate symbol of the psycho-spiritual process that is taking place.
This means that "murder" and "suicide" in the dream world take on a special quality of meaning. The metaphors of "murder" and "suicide" in dreams tend to come up to symbolically describe those challenges of growth and development that can only be adequately met by conscious choice. There are changes that will happen over the passage of time, whether you will them to or not - and then there are those changes that you am drawn to make in your life that will ONLY HAPPEN IF you MAKE A CLEAR CONSCIOUS EFFORT. It is precisely these kinds of changes that are most often symbolized by the metaphors of "murder" and "suicide" in dreams.

People who have these "suicidal" thoughts and feelings are experiencing the inner promptings that it is now time to CHOOSE A NEW WAY OF BEING IN THE WORLD, and if they couldn't actually accomplish this transformation, they would not even remember these "dreams" in the first place!
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 August 9th 2009, 3:23 pm

Here is what I feel about this dream. Your mother being present in your dream and running and hiding with you indicates a strong connection she has with you, she experience everything you do. You attempting to run from your problems/fears by running away from people, police and trying to hide but something was preventing them from coming up just yet, indicates a time frame that was given to you. Your attempts of suicide symbolize the crucifixion of your old/false self. The reason you did not die both times is because the death is symbolic (in the Bible Paul said he dies daily) that is what we all have to do daily until we are completely transformed.
This dream I believe sums up a portion of your life all the way up to the time you decided to change your life and beyond.

This is the best I can do but as you know I need help to interpret my own dreams. :myheart:
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 August 9th 2009, 4:36 pm

what i feel is happening in this dream is like we all have a good angel and a bad angel on our shoulders,that guide us in different directions, and you were running away from your troubles and the people that were chasing us were trying to get you to face them.Thats why they couldn't climb the stairs to get to you because it was in your power you chose to run into this house and go upstairs you didn't chose to go down into the basement you went up..And the bad angel wanted you to commit suicide and the good angel was preventing that from happening(because god said do not take a life)

well this is what i got out of your dream Spirit-Being thank you for sharing it. :.:
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 11th 2009, 11:08 am

Wind-Dancer wrote:When "death" appears in a dream, it is a very reliable indicator that the dreamer is growing and changing so profoundly that only the "death" of the old you(or part of you) is an adequate symbol of the psycho-spiritual process that is taking place.
This means that "murder" and "suicide" in the dream world take on a special quality of meaning. The metaphors of "murder" and "suicide" in dreams tend to come up to symbolically describe those challenges of growth and development that can only be adequately met by conscious choice. There are changes that will happen over the passage of time, whether you will them to or not - and then there are those changes that you am drawn to make in your life that will ONLY HAPPEN IF you MAKE A CLEAR CONSCIOUS EFFORT. It is precisely these kinds of changes that are most often symbolized by the metaphors of "murder" and "suicide" in dreams.

People who have these "suicidal" thoughts and feelings are experiencing the inner promptings that it is now time to CHOOSE A NEW WAY OF BEING IN THE WORLD, and if they couldn't actually accomplish this transformation, they would not even remember these "dreams" in the first place!

Thank You for the interpretation Wind-Dancer it has been very helpful, it has shed some light on the meaning of this dream for me.

When you said:

"When "death" appears in a dream, it is a very reliable indicator that the dreamer is growing and changing so profoundly that only the "death" of the old you(or part of you) is an adequate symbol of the psycho-spiritual process that is taking place."

Well said... Thumb
This rang true in my heart, with the work i have been doing on myself, it has begun to manifest in my dreams, showing me the changes in my life that are taking place.

I do feel that the old self/old man/ in me is dying, and for me this can only happen while i continue to search inside myself (psyche), and change many of the bad habits that have become a part of me. Thank You

Many Blessings

Last edited by Spirit-Being on August 11th 2009, 11:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 11th 2009, 11:29 am

luda wrote:Here is what I feel about this dream. Your mother being present in your dream and running and hiding with you indicates a strong connection she has with you, she experience everything you do. You attempting to run from your problems/fears by running away from people, police and trying to hide but something was preventing them from coming up just yet, indicates a time frame that was given to you. Your attempts of suicide symbolize the crucifixion of your old/false self. The reason you did not die both times is because the death is symbolic (in the Bible Paul said he dies daily) that is what we all have to do daily until we are completely transformed.
This dream I believe sums up a portion of your life all the way up to the time you decided to change your life and beyond.

This is the best I can do but as you know I need help to interpret my own dreams.

Thank You Luda, your interpretation has helped to shed some light on my dream. When i awoke the next morning from the dream i was very unsettled i was looking at it literally when i should have been looking at it symbolically. When you said:

"The reason you did not die both times is because the death is symbolic (in the Bible Paul said he dies daily) that is what we all have to do daily until we are completely transformed."

This rang true in my heart, well said Thumb i feel this part of the dream was my focus, as for the rest of the dream i think you did very well with the interpretations. Very Helpful Thank You

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 11th 2009, 11:57 am

parrotlover wrote:what i feel is happening in this dream is like we all have a good angel and a bad angel on our shoulders,that guide us in different directions, and you were running away from your troubles and the people that were chasing us were trying to get you to face them.Thats why they couldn't climb the stairs to get to you because it was in your power you chose to run into this house and go upstairs you didn't chose to go down into the basement you went up..And the bad angel wanted you to commit suicide and the good angel was preventing that from happening(because god said do not take a life) well this is what i got out of your dream Spirit-Being thank you for sharing it.

Thank you Parrotlover your interpretation has also helped to shed some light on my dream.

When you said:

"you chose to run into this house and go upstairs you didn't chose to go down into the basement you went up"

Well said: Thumb

When i read this i never saw this aspect of the dream, it has been very helpful and i feel with your help & everyone else's interpretions of this dream, i can see that this journey i am on is Amazing & Wonderful, it is telling me that i am moving in the right direction, but i still have much work to do. Your interpretations were wonderful Thank You

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down