Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy Texts, Religion, & The Spiritual Path

+2
23luda23
Spirit-Being
6 posters

Go down

Holy Texts,  Religion, & The Spiritual Path Empty Holy Texts, Religion, & The Spiritual Path

Post by Spirit-Being September 28th 2009, 11:50 pm

I hope this post does not make anyone feel uncomfortable please understand that i only add this because it is what i have come to realize through my Souls Growth. I was speaking with my girlfriend tonight and what came out of my mouth amazed me. Never saw this coming, i spoke of the the Holy books as being our school books, they are to teach and guide us. When a child goes to school he/she needs the books to learn from, well i think the same goes for Holy Books. Once the child graduates from school he/she no longer needs to rely on the information in the books because the teachings that the book provided was already learned by the student. I have always felt that the earth was our school we are the students and the Holy Books and all the books on earth provide teachings. Once we learn the teachings then we graduate and rely more on our Intuition / Inner Guidance. Some seek wisdom through written material, Inner Guidance / Intuition, while others seek wisdom through Intuition / Inner Guidance & Experience. We are all students of this place we call earth learning from one another, the journey is so Beautiful and i embrace Journeying it with all of you.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Holy Texts,  Religion, & The Spiritual Path Empty Re: Holy Texts, Religion, & The Spiritual Path

Post by 23luda23 September 29th 2009, 6:17 am

Spirit-Being wrote:I hope this post does not make anyone feel uncomfortable please understand that i only add this because it is what i have come to realize through my Souls Growth. I was speaking with my girlfriend tonight and what came out of my mouth amazed me. Never saw this coming, i spoke of the the Holy books as being our school books, they are to teach and guide us. When a child goes to school he/she needs the books to learn from, well i think the same goes for Holy Books. Once the child graduates from school he/she no longer needs to rely on the information in the books because the teachings that the book provided was already learned by the student. I have always felt that the earth was our school we are the students and the Holy Books and all the books on earth provide teachings. Once we learn the teachings then we graduate and rely more on our Intuition / Inner Guidance. Some seek wisdom through written material, Inner Guidance / Intuition, while others seek wisdom through Intuition / Inner Guidance & Experience. We are all students of this place we call earth learning from one another, the journey is so Beautiful and i embrace Journeying it with all of you.

Many Blessings

I believe the same thing too however some of the Holy Texts from the Holy books when practiced suppress peoples individuality and cause them to become a follower of someone else’s individuality. I personally don’t believe any longer everything that is written in the books because the devil come to steel kill and destroy and he also working true an ego driven man edited the texts for their own benefit. I came from non religious family and country and when I came to the US hungry for God I fall like a pray to such a man but tried as hard as I could to maintain my person. In the beginning I knew that God loved me but little by little I started to doubt. I know now I became influenced by some of man made doctrines which they profess was God's doctrines. These same kind of man tortured and killed millions of people in the name of God only couple hundred years ago and today their doctrines causes people to be afraid, abused and controlled and made some to denounce God altogether. I am sorry if I made anyone feel uncomfortable but I am to this day reap the rewords of practicing some of these doctrines. Today I chose Spiritual way where I am guided from within and also from without as long as True Love is the foundation of every spiritual teaching.
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Holy Texts,  Religion, & The Spiritual Path Empty Re: Holy Texts, Religion, & The Spiritual Path

Post by Vanilla2 September 29th 2009, 10:10 am

I think with schooling we never dare challenge our teachers on what we were taught by them, we were always in a position to just accept, now we are mature adults and hopefully wiser, we can seek out our own questions and answers.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind September 29th 2009, 11:03 am

You all have some very good points. It is a very good analogy to think of this as school. It makes it a bit simpler lol. If you take away all the influence and mans own interpretation, all religios texts really all do say the same thing in the end ( live, ;ove, respect eachother and the planet, and youll asend, reach enlightenment etc)

Vanilla does make a good point though, schools are based on repitition. Repeating the information, so that you can state any information on command ( im sorry if this disrespects people, I mean no disrespect by any means). You teach a dog to sit for a treat, and everytime he sees a treat he automaticaly sits down. I speak from ecperience. I challeneged my teachers daily, and they truely didnt like it. But I think i can speak for us all, and say that if we truely feel that your right, and your are justified to speak of it, can it really be wrong??
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male
Number of posts : 272
Hobbies : Playing guitar, reading, self discovery,music, hiking, fishing, martial arts lots more
Tell us about yourself : Seeking to know more about myself, ourselves, and our connection to eatchother and the universe
Appreciation Points : 342
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer September 29th 2009, 11:52 am

If you read a holy book every day of your life, do you think you know the exact meaning of every phrase and every word?? I can read holy books, and then go back and reread the same book and get a new teaching from it. Our understanding grows with each repetitive reading .Maybe we take a part from each spiritual book and put the words phrases and parables together and create a better understanding of the whole. This combined with our experiences in life and the teachings that we are given by our higher power creates our faith or beliefs.

Last edited by Wind-Dancer on September 29th 2009, 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being September 29th 2009, 11:54 am

You all have wonderful Insights and i am very grateful to have read them. I would just like to say that by no means was i saying in the post above to stop reading any Holy Texts, i hope it wasn't taken that way. I do go alot on what i feel and what i experience, each person must follow their path at their own pace. I am not quite sure what i expected to read, but you all have taught me a valuable lesson to be more open and understanding to others Beliefs & Truths. Sometimes for me it can get quite complicated and i tend to get confused, but a very important concept i have said many times that has helped me become more open was to just Let Go & Let God.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind September 29th 2009, 12:02 pm

wind, thats what I was trying to get at, you seem to have a habit of making my more confusing comments a bit more understandable lol. THanks. I guess it goes hand and hand with living in the NOW. One statement or saying can mean many different things, its how you interpret it in the moment.

SB, if you got that from what I am saying im truely sorry, I also never meant that any holy books are wrong or we shouldnt read them, on the contrary, I meant, as you stated , that we should habe an open mind with them, and come to our own conclusions. Holy texts exsist for a reason. But even words in the wrong hands, or greatly misenterpreted can be more dangerous then a gun.
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male
Hobbies : Playing guitar, reading, self discovery,music, hiking, fishing, martial arts lots more
Tell us about yourself : Seeking to know more about myself, ourselves, and our connection to eatchother and the universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being September 29th 2009, 12:21 pm

canadianmind wrote:SB, if you got that from what I am saying im truely sorry, I also never meant that any holy books are wrong or we shouldnt read them, on the contrary, I meant, as you stated , that we should habe an open mind with them, and come to our own conclusions. Holy texts exsist for a reason. But even words in the wrong hands, or greatly misenterpreted can be more dangerous then a gun.

No need to apologize it is not what anyone has said here, i spoke to mygirlfriend this morning and me and her had a discussion on this post. So i went back and reread my post this morning and felt i needed to clarify some things, what you stated was wonderful canadianmind and i have gained a lot from reading what you wrote as well as everyone else's posts, i am just doing my best to be as respectful as i possibly can while sharing some things that i have come to understand.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman September 29th 2009, 12:24 pm

Great post! Great dialog!

I’ve often wondered if we were born on a deserted island, what we would believe then.

In Buddhism, they used the lesson of the raft. They say we are building a raft made out of all the books and teachings and life’s lessons we feel attracted to. Once built, we use it to cross the river of which the beginning of enlightenment is on the other side.
We don’t carry this heavy raft around with us once on that other side because it no longer serves us.

I like this analogy because it respects everyone’s right to build their raft out of any books or teachings or thoughts that they like.
But I also feel it is necessary at some point to put the raft down.
This brings to mind another quote: “When I was a child, I thought like a child”

Peace and Blessings,
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind September 29th 2009, 12:51 pm

Now thats a good analogy. I do like boats Razz
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer September 29th 2009, 1:10 pm

Your right the boat has its use but it gets left behind. However the journey will be remembered.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being September 29th 2009, 1:17 pm

WhiteShaman wrote:I’ve often wondered if we were born on a deserted island, what we would believe then.

Wonderful statement WhiteShaman

I have thought this exact same thing, a few times during the past 4 years. What would we understand? what Truths would we come to know? Would we hear our Guidance? What would we say this Guidance is? Without any influence how would we live our lives?

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind September 29th 2009, 1:21 pm

Spirit-Being wrote:
WhiteShaman wrote:I’ve often wondered if we were born on a deserted island, what we would believe then.

Wonderful statement WhiteShaman

I have thought this exact same thing, a few times during the past 4 years. What would we understand? what Truths would we come to know? Would we hear our Guidance? What would we say this Guidance is? Without any influence how would we live our lives?

Many Blessings

It would go back to what we had at the beginning, our surroundings, earth air fire water and spirit, and of course, the sky.
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman September 29th 2009, 1:24 pm

I actually was given the answer to this question not too long ago.
The answer to.....what if I was born on a deserted island is………..
I wasn’t!
I am right where I am suppose to be.
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind September 29th 2009, 1:27 pm

affraid awsome! nuff said...
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being September 29th 2009, 1:38 pm

canadianmind wrote:I guess it goes hand and hand with living in the NOW.

WhiteShaman wrote:I am right where I am suppose to be.

I am silenced Praise good stuff guys Thumb

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down