Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE GHOST HUNTERS CODE!

5 posters

Go down

THE GHOST HUNTERS CODE! Empty THE GHOST HUNTERS CODE!

Post by Spirit-Being December 17th 2008, 8:01 pm

THE GHOST HUNTERS CODE

Jim Eaton

Find out what you really need to know in order to be a true ghost hunter. The list consists of 25 statements that all ghost hunters should take to heart. The CODE will protect you from harm and guide you on your quest. Commit it to memory and it will serve you well.

What you really need to know...

1. Let them (ghosts & spirits) know they are not forgotten
    Let your journey in this field of study be a labor of love. Remember to be respectful of ghosts & sprits, as they were once people, and still are for that matter.

2. Never tease, threaten or dare an unseen entity
    First of all, we want to be taken seriously. Secondly, we are ghost hunters, not bullies. Lastly, we sure don't want any vindictive entities following us home or worse yet, attacking and hurting us.

3. Conduct yourself as a professional at all times
    We always want to present ourselves as one in control. And that of course means around other investigators, victims of a haunting, and even to the ghosts themselves. Self-confidence and control will radiate like a beacon of light and thus serve as a shield of protection.

4. Never seek out entities on your own
    A team of two works well and three is the ideal number. Larger groups will need to break up into smaller groups.

5. Addicting habits can be contradictory to your ghostly pursuits
    Examples would be heavy addictions to drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, an abnormal sex drive, etc. These things in excess make you vulnerable and susceptible to attack. The attack stems from the entities attraction to your addictions and also because of your weakness. Mind altering substances are particularly enticing to them.

6. Pay attention to your dreams
    Entities will use this relaxed state of mind & body to try and influence or torment it's targeted victim. Use whatever wording is necessary (according to your own spiritual beliefs) to command such an intrusion to cease. Command it in the holy name of your God or higher power.

7. Use religious relics & symbols as a protection
    But only use these if you believe in what they can do. It's not the item itself that has the power, it's what it symbolizes according to your faith. That's what actually gives it its power.

8. Listen to your instincts and your intuition
    Draw from the power within. You will find this to be your greatest resource.

9. Never leave a team member behind, not ever
    Commit yourself to the task at hand until it's done. A combined effort makes the team a whole intricate working structure.

10. Always consider all aspects of a haunting
    Go into an investigation with a kind heart and gracious attitude. But know that most hauntings can be explained. i.e. house settling, furnace noises etc. And as sad as it is, you must also consider the mental & emotional state of the victim as well. Paranoia, delusional aspects and mental illness in general may be a consideration. As a final note; it should also be stated however, that in some cases, an unstable person can actually be open to these types of visitors and or attacks.

11. Always remember, you are the one in control
    You have the body and thus you have the power. It's really simple, you are in your element. This is your dimension and your reality. Unseen entities are intruders into your space. That is, unless they are invited in or find a way in through your weaknesses. Be strong by curving appetites and living a productive & wholesome life.

12. Be familiar with all aspects of the supernatural
    Know well the entities you pursue. Understand them and the things of their world. Knowledge is power. The more you know, the more confident you become. Be careful though, not all knowledge is good. Acquire it with a scientific standpoint.

13. Your best protection is in the life you lead
    If you are active in ghostly pursuits then evil will cross your path, so be armed. If you are religious, then live your religion. But whether you are or not, you best protection is to live so as to put others first. Good deeds and a love for all life is your greatest protection.

14. Don't be afraid to experiment
    Not everything you try will work. If one attempt or theory fails, keep trying. Simply move on to the next thing on your list. And by all means, have a list.

15. Do your homework
    Consider all aspects of an investigation before you go. A preliminary walk through ahead of time is advised. Doing a history check is helpful as well. Anything you can find out ahead of time will be to your advantage.

16. Never be without outside contact
    Make sure others outside your team are aware of where you are when on an assignment or investigation. A cell phone is a must.

17. Demonic Possession
    It's extremely rare that you will ever hear of a full-fledged demonic possession. But it is something that all ghost hunters need to be aware of and briefed on. Full-possession requires an "invitation" in order to gain a foothold. However, there are activities that can be construed as an invitation. i.e. Ouija boards, séances, etc. A person with heavy addictions, sins, depression or someone who is desperately lonely are more apt to be targets. When any type of invitation is construed, whether implied or direct, it may very well be acted upon by such evil entities. Even with all that, it's still rare that evil will triumph successfully, but it is possible in some cases. Ghost hunters are somewhat susceptible because of the nature of their work.

18. Lower Level Entities
    There are other less severe life forms that we need to be aware of as well. They are evil and are here to weaken the population through their influence. Their ultimate goal is to distract us from our life duties and make us as unproductive as possible. These creatures are subtle but very much determined. People that allow themselves to be heavily influenced in this direction are also more prone to demonic possession. This type of entity uses distraction through such things as computers, video games, unwholesome activities, etc. If you miss out on important family outings or you lose your job because you want to stay home and play video games, etc, then they have gained some control. It's called, lower level possession. Ghost hunters need to avoid this trap at all cost. Refer to codes 5, 6, 11 & 13. And for a good resource, buy a book on Psychic Self-Defense.

19. Be scientifically minded
    Strive to prove the existence of ghosts and the afterlife. We as Ghost Hunters cannot simply rely on the word of someone with a particular gift. We need to know for ourselves and we need to document it in our studies.

20. Rely on your senses
    Be ever mindful of your own awareness. We are all born with the gift of inspiration. We also have a bell (so to speak) that sounds off when we are in danger. It's a gift that needs to be focused on. Constantly pay attention to this special ability that we all have. Especially when on an investigation. As you become more aware and in tune, you will be able to better sense ghosts & other types of entities.
    Evidence is everything
    All we really have to show for our hard word is the evidence we collect. So take notes, write up reports, snap pictures, collect EVPs. Keep a log.

21. Be aware that theories change
    What is believed to be true today may not be tomorrow. If there's anything we can depend on, it's change. What we may know about ghosts today may change tomorrow. We need to embrace credible evidence and use that knowledge to our advantage. So be willing to let go of old theories when need be. If we don't, we will be left behind.

22. Expect Results
    Go into every assignment with an attitude of well defined purpose. Go knowing you have your preliminary research accomplished beforehand and then have a plan to make it all come together. A good investigator is organized and thorough. The right attitude yields results!

23. It's okay to be afraid
    That is, as long as it doesn't seriously effect the investigation or make you especially vulnerable.
    Excessive fear will make you ineffective as a contributing team member and will make you a target for entities. Excessive fear or anger feeds and empowers curtain types of entities. Enjoy the thrill of the chase and scream if you must. But everything in moderation.

24. LIVE THE CODE !
    It will protect you on your journey and guide you on your quest. Ghost hunting will be one of the most exciting experiences of your life... enjoy!

The code will eventually be re-written for a book with each statement fully elaborated on in detail. But for now, we are sharing the initial code here for viewers to benefit from. The book is already in the works. If you would like to share a gem or relevant story pertaining to the code, please do so. It may very well be presented in the book. Send it to: jim.webmaster@gmail.com

Last edited by Spirit-Being on August 23rd 2009, 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

THE GHOST HUNTERS CODE! Empty Re: THE GHOST HUNTERS CODE!

Post by HypnoDude December 18th 2008, 4:07 pm

I find this very interesting.

Now I must preface this post by saying that I fully respect all points of view and belief systems.

I have never been specifically a "Ghost Hunter". However I have lived in places which could be given the title of "Haunted". Being an Empath to a certain degree, I have had interesting experiences with Spirits/Ghosts, but I havnt had one that involved an Evil Energy of sorts as sort of described here as possibilities. I, myself do not believe in the possibility of "possession". However I respect others beliefs on the subject. 8)

Im also curious what the author of this code believes in or practices in regards to what is told to the Spirit. Do they tell them they are dead and they can move on??

Now to add a bit of a spin to it, if I may. What are the thoughts out there as to be able to tell the difference between a "Ghost" and a "Spirit"??
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 136
Appreciation Points : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being December 19th 2008, 12:56 pm

There have been many reports of possesion throughout history. I think experience plays a big part on our Belief System. As i also respect your beliefs as well as everyones, i have to say that spirits/ghosts have been documented and recorded for quite some time. There have been reports of inhuman entities, just as there is good and bad here on earth, this also transcends into the spirit world as well.

I need to go into astral experiences for a second, there have been reports of evil entities scaring people in the astral while astral traveling, as to scare a person back into their body. It is said that the astral is just one plane of many, and the Negative Enitities can not go into the higher planes, as these planes are of a pure and positive nature. Negative cannot merge with Positive, they are opposites and each want its own space so to speak.

I am not here to convince anyone of anything, just that we all hold pieces of the truth within us. I think it is up to each one of us to learn from our own experiences.

However I have lived in places which could be given the title of "Haunted". Being an Empath to a certain degree, I have had interesting experiences with Spirits/Ghosts, but I havnt had one that involved an Evil Energy of sorts as sort of described here as possibilities.

If i am not being to forward would you please share with us some of your experiences, with some of the haunted places you have lived in.

I cannot speak on the authors behalf as i found this Code on the web you could find it HERE i thought it was very informative, if any of you have any questions reguarding this article please feel free to email jim.webmaster@gmail.com

As for me i believe that some Spirits can become trapped, and some need our help.

I have had a few instances where i sensed spirits in my house. I felt they needed help and they were trapped here. I began telepathically speaking to them and letting them know that they could move on. I pictured a white light and one by one they moved on, there were a total of 3 or 4 spirits i believe i only helped 3 as i could not make contact with the 4th spirit, maybe this spirit was not ready to move on.

Now to add a bit of a spin to it, if I may. What are the thoughts out there as to be able to tell the difference between a "Ghost" and a "Spirit"??

Very good question i was intrigued to look this up as i am not 100% sure on this one, but i will provide my take on it up till now, without researching it. I think a ghost could very well be the personality of a person. A spirit could possibly be the essence (soul) of a person.

With this said please take this with a grain of salt, remember through your experiences you will find your truths.

Please share your "spirit or ghostly encounters" with us, we would Love to hear them. Together we may all find missing pieces of the puzzle together.

Thank You HypnoDude Very Happy

What a thought provoking topic.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

THE GHOST HUNTERS CODE! Empty Ghosts and Spirits

Post by Wind-Dancer December 19th 2008, 2:47 pm

My opinion of the difference between Ghosts & Spirits.

:

A ghost is someone who has passed on and is "stuck" between the physical world and the Afterlife. They do not cross through The Light to go on to the Afterlife, but stick around in this "netherworld" for one reason or another.

A spirit is a person who has passed on, but has actually gone through The Light and into the Afterlife. There they go through a life review learning process, and after that, are able to come and go between the Afterlife and our physical world.

Well, I suppose to a certain degree you could suggest that they are one and the same, they are both essentially made of the same thing, energy.
However, a ghost is normally depicted as something that haunts people or places and therefore gives off a feeling of fear. The dictionary defines a ghost as "The Spirit or semblance of a dead person, believed to visit or haunt living people". Not very pleasant sounding, we know, but don't you remember as a child you would have been afraid of ghosts because it was always 'ghost stories' you heard, never 'spirit stories'!
That's not say that there can't be bad 'spirits', because occasionally there can. However, our perception of this is that ghosts are the energy or soul of someone that has died either unexpectedly or perhaps unpleasantly and so can be frustrated or somewhat lost whilst trying to pass into the spirit realm. So, they are more forceful, angry and even aggressive sometimes in an attempt to get our attention.
Unhappy ghosts such as these are often called Poltergeists. They feed off of our fear. This means that to get our attention they will do things to make us feel uncomfortable, or frightened, if you like. For example, banging doors, things dropping off walls etc.. It's all to get themselves noticed, and, once we acknowledge them without fear, and try to understand why they're about, things will calm down.
Spirit on the other hand, in general, are much more subtle in their approach. You may get the shivers or feel very hot as one draws near. You may feel tingles, as if someone is touching your arm, hand or shoulders for example. They can be mischievous, but never harmful. They too will try different ways of getting our attention, but not normally anything that makes us feel uneasy. Things will go missing and miraculously reappear again a few days later. Usually a very good sign that spirit are around!
Spirit are usually here to guide us, whether it be the spirit of a physical person that we once knew or a learned guide from ancient times and so they may bring messages of comfort or advice.Ghosts on the other hand don't have anything much to contribute (except making us jump!) until they have accepted what's going on and have perhaps been helped to happily pass into the next realm!

namaste
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer December 19th 2008, 3:45 pm

Wind-Dancer wrote:My opinion of the difference between Ghosts & Spirits.

:

A ghost is someone who has passed on and is "stuck" between the physical world and the Afterlife. They do not cross through The Light to go on to the Afterlife, but stick around in this "netherworld" for one reason or another.

A spirit is a person who has passed on, but has actually gone through The Light and into the Afterlife. There they go through a life review learning process, and after that, are able to come and go between the Afterlife and our physical world.

That is pretty much what I believe as well.
Simple: spirit=someone who has passed to the otherside, comes back to 'visit'
Ghost/earthbound is entity who hasn't made transition to the other side.

Now i do think some ghosts/earthbounds could have bad personalities just as they would in life. and sometimes the perceived behavior seems negative because we don't fully understand how they are operating. the ghost/earthbound may just be PO'd that someone is in their house and acts that way. now wouldn't you? if someone just moved into your house without your permission?

Now this is some of my Gnostic Christian beliefs on Ghosts:

I don't believe that what we call Dark Entities will be ghosts and terrorize people. and this is the reason:
Dark Entities do not get to write a chart(blue print) when they die they immediately go through the "left door" straight back into utero to do the same miserable type of life over again. IF for some reason they don't go straight through "left door" there is a phylum of Angels called Carrions whose only purpose is to MAKE SURE the Dark Entities go where they are supposed to go. Being Angels they are perfect in every way and would never 'slack' or mess up their duties to grab these Dark Entities, therefore I don't think they could be ghosts.
I also don't believe in demonic possession, but I suppose that is another discussion.

Just my 2 cents on this Wink
Dreamer
Dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 117
Appreciation Points : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

THE GHOST HUNTERS CODE! Empty Dark Enities

Post by Wind-Dancer December 20th 2008, 1:01 pm

They have no conscience, no genuine remorse and no sense of responsibility for their actions. They take all the credit and none of the blame for everything that happens around them, and self-justification is their first and only response to criticism.
Description of entities from the Dark Side in Sylvia Brown's book "Phenomenon."

In psychiatric terms, they're true sociopaths. They mimic human behavior brilliantly without ever really feeling it. They can simulate extraordinary charm, sensitivity, empathy, love, regret, even devout piety if they can use it to their advantage to gain our trust. Once the act has worked, as it often does, they promptly drop it, having no further use for it and frankly finding it to be too much work. We white entities, because our emotions and faith are genuine, have trouble imagining that we've been witnessing a performance.

As far as the Dark Side is concerned, we white entities are nothing but a collection of walking mirrors. If their reflections through our eyes are flattering, we're valuable to them. But the minute we catch on that we've been looking at a mask, and they no longer like the way they look in our mirror, they'll react in one of two ways - they'll get as far away from us as possible, or they'll repeat the performance that won our approval in the first place in the hope of winning it again.

Dark entities live by their own self-serving rules, which change at their convenience and don't necessarily apply to anyone else around them. In their minds, their behavior is always acceptable, but they might become outraged or deeply wounded if someone else aims that same behavior at them. The result is that the white entities close to them are kept constantly off balance, which gives the dark entity that much more power.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by HypnoDude December 22nd 2008, 6:34 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked I didnt think my question would fuel such a response! My apologies for not returning sooner!

In the interests of keeping down repitition, my thoughts on the differences between a Spirit and a Ghost have pretty much been posted already with Wind-Dancer and Dreamer.

Spirit Being, I am not ignoring your invite to share my experiences, I will do so I promise, but first I want to point out the following.

Its great to see everyones thoughts as to what they personally believe the difference is between a Spirit/Ghost. However, that wasnt exactly my question. I will quote my question but add a word for clarification.

HypnoDude wrote:What are the thoughts out there as how to be able to tell the difference between a "Ghost" and a "Spirit"??

As far as my personal beliefs regarding possession/evil energy/dark entities Im with Dreamer on this one. 8)
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being December 23rd 2008, 4:34 pm

My appologies for misinterpreting the question THE GHOST HUNTERS CODE! Tumble This question is extremely deep, and a very good question. I need some time to think about this.

I love questions that intrigue the mind Very Happy

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sxylitlrebel December 23rd 2008, 5:34 pm

I think the way to tell the difference is the energy or action or interaction of the spirit or ghost. I believe a spirit is a messenger. It comes to warn you of impending danger or to maybe help an ailing person prepare for whatever is going to happen. They try to comfort. I believe we can communicate with spirits.I feel that once they have taken care of whatever they were there for they return to their home. Ghost i believe are confused as to their real status, because they can see everybody and no body seems to be able to see them. That's what a ghost is...somebody who's gotten stuck in the physical world but is not part of the physical world. And they become panic stricken for attention and eventually they do strange things to get attention, like moving objects, creating noises. This is not to frighten people, they're just attention getters. Their physical body isn't there--but there's a body and they see it as themselves, so they stay put. So if you have an enity that remains with you then i believe it to be a ghost.

namaste
sxylitlrebel
sxylitlrebel

Female
Number of posts : 15
Tell us about yourself : if life gives you lemons, make lemonade
Appreciation Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being December 26th 2008, 9:34 pm

HypnoDude wrote:What are the thoughts out there as how to be able to tell the difference between a "Ghost" and a "Spirit"??

I had some time to think about this question and i never fully came up with a true explanation, only an explanation that i believe through my experiences and studies. To answer your question according to my knowledge, i have never came face to face with a ghost or a spirit, there for i can only guess on this one. I dont think its possible to distinguish the difference between a ghost or a spirit in appearance. As for sensing their energy, there could be a difference in the energy field, as to what a person might feel when they encounter a ghost or a spirit. I have never witnessed a ghost or a spirit with my eyes, but i have felt their pressence many times and seen them in my minds eye. As i stated in a previous post, i have even helped some of them move on. I am not really sure but whenever i have experiences with "Spirits" as i like to call them, i learn a little more each time. Will i ever truly understand the difference between a Ghost and a Spirit? Maybe one day or maybe it is just something that is difficult for me to grasp.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HypnoDude December 29th 2008, 11:31 am

Just like everything else we discuss here, it is all subject to ones own interpretation/beliefs really. We may agree/disagree/ or just agree to disagree even Laughing

Its not about who is right, its about what is right for us, what resonates within our own Spirit. 8)

What distinguishes a "Spirit" from a "Ghost" for me is this:

A Spirit: Resides on The Other Side (Heaven etc), may appear to one on the physical plain in a dream, may manifest into being visable, can/will speak to one on the physical plain, but most likely will actually speak telepathically. After an experience with a Spirit, a person on the physical plain might not notice that the visit from the spirit who spoke with them actually never moved their mouth when they spoke. Will be of nearly "Perfect" appearance, meaning no scars, physical deformities etc. May wear flowing gowns/robes, has a definate completely positive and peaceful feeling about them.

A Ghost: Resides on a plain in between our physical plain and that of The Other Side (Heaven etc), doesnt realize/understand they are dead, refuses to leave / go to The Other Side either because of fear of damnation for something they have done, or because of something the still believe they have to complete / watch over of on the physical plaine, shows emotion not accustomed to The Other Side, being anger, resentment, jealousy, hatred, can be vindictive etc. Those emotions are man made, not "God made" Wink A Ghost will not have a "Perfect" appearance, meaning they will have scars, physical deformities, wounds that may have caused thier death. A ghost will not speak telepathically for the most part I believe. Not saying it isnt possible, but for the most part, a ghost will speak 'through their mouth.' A ghost may also have a positive feeling about them, however they also may have a negative feeling, or one that would fall under many of the "Man Made Emotions."

Personally, I do not beleive a Ghost should be considered a "pet". If one is able to communicate with that entity then all attempts to assist them to cross over to The Other Side should be dilligently be sought.

Admin/Mods:

If I may, can we start a new thread to share our Spirit/Ghost experiences instead cluttering up this thread, which sort of seems to not so much be about experiences, but rather our personal beliefs regarding them?? Just a thought, im cool either way! 8)
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum