Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindfulness Meditation.......

3 posters

Go down

Mindfulness Meditation....... Empty Mindfulness Meditation.......

Post by Sparrowhawk June 28th 2010, 11:40 am

Pay attention to what IS.

Whatever you are doing or not doing, simply pay attention.

Mindfulness Meditation does not need to sit in a chair and chant, though there is nothing wrong with that either.

The goal of Meditation is to bring "Stillness of Mind" into your waking activities. Conditioned thinking(memory) falls away and Presence(Pre-Sense) fils the moment of conscious Awareness.

How do I do this?

Start by walking in nature where you have few conditioned thoughts to begin with! Pay Attention, by training the mind and body to stop and pause. Do not try to think, just stop and pause. Stop every 5 minutes and look around you. Stop every half hour, close your eyes and listen.

What will this accomplish?

Bodily.......
Your heart rate will slow down, blood pressure will stabilize, digestion will improve, vision will improve, muscle tension will diminish.

Mind......the mind will become stiller and stiller, peace of mind will come, Tranquility will follow, miracles will begin to be seen, tension will dissipate.

Why should I do this?

A: Why shouldn't you do this.

I HAVE NO TIME!

A: Make time by letting go of some less beneficial activities. Let go of old demands and beliefs which are taking up so much precious time.

Try this for a month and see if you can notice a difference in you and then in those around you.

God Bless all ......
Sparrowhawk
Sparrowhawk

Male
Number of posts : 111
Hobbies : Star gazing, nature hikes, finding secret spots
Tell us about yourself : I am...............what else is there?
Appreciation Points : 167
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Mindfulness Meditation....... Empty Re: Mindfulness Meditation.......

Post by syla June 29th 2010, 6:25 pm

I love this explanation...and the beautiful thing is that when we get into the flow of 'being focused within the present moment'...time itself expands. I love the idea that the moment to moment experience of life can be a meditation in and of itself!
syla
syla

Number of posts : 5
Appreciation Points : 7
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda June 29th 2010, 8:30 pm

How peaceful the stillness is. Every night at sunset, I go outside to water the grass and flowers, I walk around barefoot and totally take in the awesomeness and tranquility of my alone time with nature. I feel blessed to be able to do that. flower
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by syla June 29th 2010, 11:08 pm

Linda wrote:How peaceful the stillness is. Every night at sunset, I go outside to water the grass and flowers, I walk around barefoot and totally take in the awesomeness and tranquility of my alone time with nature. I feel blessed to be able to do that. flower

ooooh..that sounds sooo beautiful Linda..haha..my poor little withered flower garden needs water, I'll remember these words as I drench them tonight...& yes,I'll make sure I'm barefoot! Loves
syla
syla

Number of posts : 5
Appreciation Points : 7
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrowhawk July 5th 2010, 1:37 pm

syla wrote:I love this explanation...and the beautiful thing is that when we get into the flow of 'being focused within the present moment'...time itself expands. I love the idea that the moment to moment experience of life can be a meditation in and of itself!

Meditation moves into all aspects of waking life........

The more we practice stilling the mind, the greater the presence of its stillness in all events in the waking world.

We first bring order to our own consciousness and then carry it into the world around us!

The Stillness inside grows and grows........

Then shows and shows...........

it begins to shine........

reminds me of a book tittle......

"The LampLighter", I know what is about because I can feel it in its title...........

Though I never read it!
Sparrowhawk
Sparrowhawk

Male
Number of posts : 111
Hobbies : Star gazing, nature hikes, finding secret spots
Tell us about yourself : I am...............what else is there?
Appreciation Points : 167
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down