Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gratitude is the key to happiness

5 posters

Go down

Gratitude is the key to happiness Empty Gratitude is the key to happiness

Post by Spirit-Being March 2nd 2012, 4:36 pm

They say that Gratitude is the key to happiness... I believe this is true. When my father passed away on Nov. 2010, I fell into a deep
state of sadness. I didn't want to see, hear, or talk to anyone. I spent a month isolated with very little interaction from the people I knew. This wasn't going anywhere good. My thoughts were leading me into a state of depression. Nothing mattered anymore... How could it? The man who reflected me was gone. I felt orphaned and alone despite the many beautiful beings around me.

One evening while screaming out my grief, I heard a gentle voice say, "Be grateful for the time you shared with your father"... A few days later, I was inspired to honor my father's memory by "tweeting" a gratitude a day for a year. My first gratitude tweets were about my father, but as time progressed so would the scope of things I found in my day to day living to be grateful for.

This gratitude journey transformed my grief into a state of bliss and appreciation as each day I noticed that I was feeling lighter and happier. I started to notice how blessed I truly am each day, from loved ones, to strangers, to the air we breathe and the bed I sleep on...

What shocked me to my core was how something so simple had such a profound effect on my life. Being grateful led to so many blessings and opportunities and eventually led me to a experience a Spiritual Awakening. My life has changed so much since then.

I am grateful.

Thank you for allowing me to share...

May light and abundance be with you.
tu hermana,
Rosangel "Angels Angel" Perez

I received this on my facebook and i really wanted to share this with everyone, i found it truly inspiring. Please feel free to share anything you are grateful for.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Gratitude is the key to happiness Empty Re: Gratitude is the key to happiness

Post by sunmystic March 3rd 2012, 10:11 am

Paths out of despair are true gifts.

Thank you Spirit Being for what you have shared.
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 March 4th 2012, 5:20 am

I am grateful for your shared post. Thank You
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda March 7th 2012, 11:46 am

Mee too! Gratitude is the key to happiness 506683
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 2nd 2013, 8:34 pm

I am grateful today for my co-office buddy acknowledging me today to the big boys.
He is younger then me and we get along perfectly. I enjoy helping him although I dont' have extra time and he acknowledges that also. He will say....I know you are extreamly busy but can you help me. I will drop what I'd doing to assist.

We have lunch each day with each other. Unless our boss is there and he skips lunch so he can chat with her.

I was going down the hall to get another cup of coffee this am before lunch. He was coming the other way and he said 'OH! I need to tell you what someone said about you' they acknowledged you". I knew who he was talking about.

That person is above all of us. He has been on vac for a week fishing in Sierra's with his buddies. He is an older man. Actually we are about the same age!!!

My office partner later said that he told the higher up that I do not get recognized for all the hard work I do. That I am never included in any incentives for attendance (and I have perfect attendance) or doing well like picking up trash on the floor (I'm on the Safety committee and I always p/u things on the floor-we don't want any slip and falls). I was humbled. Last Friday he said that things were being watched in our dept. And recognition will be given.

I just received a Merit Award a couple weeks ago; it didnt' come from my boss; it came from our Tribal Attorney complimenting me for helping him and taking control in a positive way. HR got wind of it and emailed me that I was going to have my name the monthly newsletter as getting a merit award. And they told my boss to give me an award.

I'm grateful for anything positive that comes into my life.

Praise
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Number of posts : 808
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 3rd 2013, 1:28 am

Very nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 3rd 2013, 8:45 am

Thank you Stephen. There is so much to be grateful for this time around.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 3rd 2013, 12:00 pm

"Gratitude" for the experiences that we have so that we can teach from them. Deb you are a wonderment Smile  never in my wildest dreams would I have thought to approach things from the direction that you approach them. To me the experiences of life have always been things that I would rather didn't happen, but the fact is that those experiences do give you the depths of understanding that, if there should be a need, give you the ability to be of help to others. Love, john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 3rd 2013, 7:42 pm

Can you believe it; I suggest a gift for a gal at work because she is printing for me; my 17x11 color prints out so I don't have to use Graphic (slow). I suggested to my manager at our meeting that we ask who she has to answer to and she said sure go ahead; she did not give me a $ amt. She is off for 2 days and I ask her boss for an approved $ amount. He says $50. (that amount at our SPA is not much but I will make use of it). I picked out a nice boxed gift of fragrance of spray, lotion, soap and candle; they gave me a discount and I was able to get a nice bracelet and was still over $5 under budget. 

I delivered it and she loved it. I got 3 hugs!!
I was not sure she understood that I did not purchase it out of my pocket so I emailed her and said that even though it was my idea to acknowledge her the gift is from 5 of us. She replied to all 5 and thanked me for being so kind and thoughtful and always thinking of others.

Again I am grateful.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 3rd 2013, 7:55 pm

Thumb and way too cool!
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male