Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A simple exercise

5 posters

Go down

A simple exercise Empty A simple exercise

Post by Spirit-Being July 28th 2009, 3:56 pm

Concentration and Visualization

Explore these exercises that strengthen the ability to concentrate and visualize. For both of these practices, you need to select an object to concentrate on. A popular example is a lit candle (if used safely), but you could also use a piece of fruit, a glass of water, a pen, a leaf, a stone, or even a tree.

1. Examine the object you’ve chosen: observe the way it looks, the small details, the way light reflects upon it, and so forth. Observe everything you can about it.

Then close your eyes, and recreate the object in your mind, concentrating upon it as fully as you can. Try to visualize it clearly and naturally. Make sure not to force the mind. If the image fades or if you forget something, open your eyes to look at the object again, and then begin visualizing once more.

2. With imaginative concentration and visualization, you start by visualizing the surface of the object as described above.

Then, you proceed to imagine and perceive the inside of the object. Imagine the textures, the feeling, and even the smell or taste of your object. So if you’re visualizing an orange, you could imagine the inside of the orange, the different sections, the small bits of pulp, and so forth.

When doing this practice, you can investigate the object with the goal of discovering the answer to a certain question. So (for example) when visualizing the inside of a candle flame, you could try to discover: what is fire for? Why does it burn? How does it work? It may take a lot of practice and effort, but you can gain real insights into the object in this way.

Do the first practice for ten minutes a day, start with a short amount of time, and gradually increase it as you feel comfortable. Once you feel comfortable you may move on to the inner visualization of the object.

A Course in Astral Travel and Dreams

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

A simple exercise Empty Re: A simple exercise

Post by 23luda23 July 28th 2009, 5:34 pm

Thank you Spirit-Being Thank You That sounds very interesting and i will try it tonight.
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 30th 2009, 1:03 pm

First Night
I did this practice on the outer concentration and visiualization of a candle the first night i studied a pink long narrow candle in a small glass candle holder. As soon as i felt i studied the candle enough, i closed my eyes i saw the flame in my mind but i had a very hard time visualizing the whole candle, i preceded to open my eyes again and studied the candle once more. When i was finished studying it i closed my eyes and again i saw the flame but could not see the candle itself.

Second Night
The second night i practiced the same exercise as above, i studied the candle closed my eyes and this time i was able to see the flame and a light silhouette of the candle, i was very happy at this point and my excitement took me away from the concentration of the exercise.

Tonight i shall try again and see what happens i will keep you all posted.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 31st 2009, 10:23 pm

Third Night
I had some trouble concentrating i kept opening my eyes to get a quick glimpse of the candle but when i closed my eyes i did not see the candle, this was because my mind was very chattery.

Fourth Night
Tonight i moved on to the inner examination of the candle, i sat quietly in the dark with the candle lit. I looked at the candle closely noticing the color of the candle, the texture, the shape, and importantly i studied the flame i saw a colorful aura around the candle i can remember some blue, yellow and reds around the flame. I closed my eyes visualizing the candle just as i saw it with my eyes open, Tonight was the most clear of all the nights, now i decided to go into the candle and examine the wax, the wick and the flame. It almost fel as if i was a small pinpoint of energy with a consciousness to see just as i see in this world. I was near the wick examening the texture of the fibers of this white wick, next i looked around and noticed actually how small i was and i had the perception of it being a long way to reach outside the candle it would be miles if i actually had to walk it, but with consciousness all that is needed is a thought and i could leave the interior of the candle.

I now decided to precede to the flame as i got there i put myself in the flames spot as if i was the flame and i could feel how alive being a flame actually was, at this point i was amazed because i never thought how alive fire actually is, it is it's own entity so to speak, i felt as if i was a small sun just as we need oxygen so does the flame.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

A simple exercise Empty Visualization

Post by WhiteShaman September 14th 2009, 12:46 pm

I have learned something today or better said is that I now understand something I only half understood before.
I have book on Faeries, also by Ted Andrews, and he suggest visualization techniques to help you see Faeries.
When I “journey” like Shamans do, I also start by visualizing going to a special place and falling down a hole into other realms.
What is this visualization? Is it made up?
Whatever you subconscious mind believes is exactly what we each experience in waking reality!
With the power of visualization we can create our own reality!
Thoughts are energy and creation is thought made manifest.
Visualization involves using all of your senses not just your mind.
Visualize the fairies or other realms, smell them, hear them, feel them.
Our subconscious and our beliefs cause us to run on automatic pilot. We can only see what we subconsciously believe we can see.
Change you mind and let go of your beliefs and be free.
Consciously visualize your reality and it will be so.
After all what is reality? Is there reality or are there many realities?
Thoughts?

WhiteShaman Praise
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer September 15th 2009, 9:28 am

wow very interesting subject. Lots of good imformation. Thanks for sharing.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiter-rising November 27th 2011, 1:57 pm

WhiteShaman wrote:I have learned something today or better said is that I now understand something I only half understood before.
I have book on Faeries, also by Ted Andrews, and he suggest visualization techniques to help you see Faeries.
When I “journey” like Shamans do, I also start by visualizing going to a special place and falling down a hole into other realms.
What is this visualization? Is it made up?
Whatever you subconscious mind believes is exactly what we each experience in waking reality!
With the power of visualization we can create our own reality!
Thoughts are energy and creation is thought made manifest.
Visualization involves using all of your senses not just your mind.
Visualize the fairies or other realms, smell them, hear them, feel them.
Our subconscious and our beliefs cause us to run on automatic pilot. We can only see what we subconsciously believe we can see.
Change you mind and let go of your beliefs and be free.
Consciously visualize your reality and it will be so.
After all what is reality? Is there reality or are there many realities?
Thoughts?

WhiteShaman A simple exercise 864308

I absolutely love this post! A simple exercise 63239

I feel this planet is in need of a paradigm shift. We all hold the spark of life and consciousness within us. We are all creators as well. What is separating us from experiencing this life as a unified experience with All That Is? It is our minds, it is that our minds have been bought and sold into the enslaving notion that all that can be experienced only through our physical senses. Of course, not everyone is under this spell, but if one goes out and spends time in a bustling city, it is easy to note that much of our species really is on autopilot, asleep to this vast realm of the unknown.

We have the ability to change our minds. It is simply our choice. We are powerful, we are beautiful, and we have the capabilities to turn this world around, if we are willing to first journey inward and work on Self. Everyone will arrive at different conclusions as this is one of the shining traits of humanity – we are all individual – but the fundamental aspects of the Universe can be understood with great profundity so long as the inward journey is honest and intent on the growth of a microcosmic aspect of this awe-inspiring reality.

The power of imagination has been reduced to something children do in much of jaded humanity's eyes. And children are seen as somehow less than adults. Such is not the case, I believe, and it is best if we change our minds. Childlike wonderment is a perfect way, in my opinion, to reach profound experiences; we are open, we are honest, and our imaginations run wild. Visions come to us, inspire us, and help us learn of our Self and of the journey our species and Earth is currently moving through. Done using humble love, for our family, humanity may finally experience the incredible potential resting within the mind that lies outside the realm of the physical world.

I feel that every human being experiences their own reality, but we do combine our realities in an unconscious agreement, and manifest a bigger picture as a result. I think we need a change. I am willing to bring about this change, starting with myself.
jupiter-rising
jupiter-rising

Female
Number of posts : 10
Appreciation Points : 17
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down