Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some good news to share!

+2
Linda
WhiteShaman
6 posters

Go down

Some good news to share! Empty Some good news to share!

Post by WhiteShaman November 24th 2009, 4:54 pm

Here’s some good news I thought I’d share. I support the animal rights group that sent me the following list of “good news’ that show how we can make a difference.
Peace and Blessings, Very Happy
WhiteShaman

October 30, 2009
Contact(s) Cat Lazaroff, 202-772-3270

EPA sticks to its guns on plan to bar use of deadly pesticide
Agency moving forward to revoke registration of highly toxic carbofuran
ยท • The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has decided to move forward with their decision to revoke tolerances of carbofuran, which was sold under the brand name “Furadan”
• EPA warns growers that carbofuran should not be applied to any food crops after December 31, 2009
• Announcement will not affect international uses that are killing African lions
“This toxic pesticide has killed millions of birds and other wildlife in the U.S. alone. EPA analysis has confirmed that carbofuran is a threat to human health through contaminated food, drinking water and occupational exposure. And in its 2005 ecological risk assessment for carbofuran, EPA stated that there were no legal uses of carbofuran that did not kill wild birds. The December 31 end-date for U.S. applications of carbofuran cannot come too soon for America’s environment and wildlife.
“Unfortunately, today’s announcement will not affect the international use of carbofuran. International use has resulted in the deaths of lions in Africa and is threatening the very existence of the species. Defenders of Wildlife is committed to working with our conservation partners in addressing that issue as well.”

Endangered Mexican gray wolves get a boost on road to recovery
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service retakes helm of Mexican wolf management
TUCSON, Ariz. (Nov. 13, 2009) — The Mexican gray wolf recovery effort took a pivotal turn in the right direction today as the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service reclaimed its decision-making authority over management of this highly endangered animal that roams Arizona and New Mexico’s backcountry. Settling a lawsuit brought by conservation organizations, the Fish and Wildlife Service reasserted its authority over a multiagency management team and scrapped a controversial wolf “control” rule that required permanently removing a wolf from the wild, either lethally or through capture, after killing three livestock in a year. Conservationists had criticized the rigid policy, known as Standard Operating Procedure 13 or SOP 13, for forcing wolves to be killed or sent to captivity regardless of an individual wolf’s genetic importance, dependent pups or the critically low numbers of wolves in the wild.

October 22, 2009
Contact(s) Cat Lazaroff, Defenders of Wildlife, (202) 772-3270

Polar bears to benefit from proposal to safeguard critical habitat
Proposed rule would help polar bears survive impacts of global warming, protect the Arctic Refuge
Summary:
• The Interior Department today announced its proposal to designate more than 200,000 square miles of critical habitat to protect struggling polar bears in the Arctic.
• The critical habitat proposal includes both Arctic sea ice and terrestrial habitat for polar bears.
• The inclusion of denning habitat for polar bears in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge should help safeguard this important habitat from oil and gas drilling.
WASHINGTON (Oct. 22, 2009) – The following is a statement by Rodger Schlickeisen, president for Defenders of Wildlife:
“The polar bear is on the front lines of the battle against the mounting impacts of climate change, with its habitat melting away and its food becoming scarce.
“The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is the nation’s most important onshore polar bear nursery, and Interior’s decision to include the coastal plain in their proposed critical habitat designation validates the region’s biological importance to polar bears and other wildlife. Today’s announcement reinforces the argument that Congress should not permit oil and gas drilling in the Arctic Refuge.
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Some good news to share! Empty Re: Some good news to share!

Post by Linda November 24th 2009, 5:08 pm

Yeaaaaaah! Thanks for your help in this wonderful cause WhiteShaman. BlueFish
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 November 25th 2009, 5:04 am

Is this IFAW (International Fund for Animal Welfare) they do a fantastic job, or is the Animal Rights Group you support a different charity.
Which ever charity it is, welldone WhiteShamen for your contribution Smile
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman November 25th 2009, 7:39 am

While I appreciate the kind thank you's...I really was just trying to show how all of us, no matter how seemingly insignificant, can make a difference and that we should always know that we can change that which we are passionate about.
This group is called "Defenders of Wildlife" and they deserve all the credit for all the hard work.
My contributions were in the form of signing petitions and calling congressman.
In any case..good news for our world and the animals in it.
"Be the Change". Have a great day and a great Thankgiving holiday!
Peace and Blessings,
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity - Dawn November 25th 2009, 10:08 am

That is great news!! Good Post
Serenity - Dawn
Serenity - Dawn

Female
Number of posts : 284
Hobbies : I love astral travelling...
Tell us about yourself : I love animals, and nature. I believe we all come from the same Divine Sacred Source, and we are all entwined as one, with the universe.
Appreciation Points : 307
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman November 25th 2009, 10:17 am

Here is some more positive news or information I would like to share that again shows how we can make a difference (and at no personal financial cost)................

I am a devote non-meat eater for no other reason than an immense compassion for all life.
I completely understand meat-eating when done in a thankful and respectful way, but for me, It bothers me too much.
With that being said, please consider picking your turkeys clean this Thanksgiving and be sure to include leftovers from family members plates and toss this feast outside in an open area or industrial park for the crows and coyotes and foxes and……. to feast on. No bones…cooked bones can splinter in an animals throat.
Thanks and I wish you all a great holiday,
James (WhiteShaman)
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind November 27th 2009, 9:27 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

You were all gave great wished during my thanksgiving up here, I should do the same for you guys!

I wish you all the best, and Im thankful that we can all have the freedom to eat and be with family today. And to the people on here that dont live in the states, there is nothing wrong with just giving a quick thanks for the food and company today..

And white shaman: I am definetly the opposite. I eat way more meat then veggies lol. The way i was brought up. But, you definetly have a good point about not wasting anything. Especially today. In this world today being a vegitarian is getting easier, but I thikn its still hard to do. Grats!!
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male
Number of posts : 272
Hobbies : Playing guitar, reading, self discovery,music, hiking, fishing, martial arts lots more
Tell us about yourself : Seeking to know more about myself, ourselves, and our connection to eatchother and the universe
Appreciation Points : 342
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind November 27th 2009, 9:29 am

I didnt see the original post :S lol. Up here, alberta and ontario, as well as BC have banned all non plant dirived pesticides. THe great thing is, there is no backlash about it. It was put in place, an dpeople adapted. Now i dont have to worry about my cat getting sick from eating the grass outside...
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male
Hobbies : Playing guitar, reading, self discovery,music, hiking, fishing, martial arts lots more
Tell us about yourself : Seeking to know more about myself, ourselves, and our connection to eatchother and the universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity - Dawn November 28th 2009, 9:01 am

CanadianMind wrote:
I wish you all the best, and Im thankful that we can all have the freedom to eat and be with family today.

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving as well.
Serenity - Dawn
Serenity - Dawn

Female
Number of posts : 284
Hobbies : I love astral travelling...
Tell us about yourself : I love animals, and nature. I believe we all come from the same Divine Sacred Source, and we are all entwined as one, with the universe.
Appreciation Points : 307
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 November 28th 2009, 11:11 am

I may be late but I wish both Canadians and Americans an enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday. I apologise that I do not fully understand what this time of year means to you, as we in the UK do not have this celebratory holiday, on the other hand we do have Harvest Festival that occurs September, whereby we contribute unwanted foods to make up gift boxes that go out to the needy, these are run by our churches which also incorporates a church service of our appreciation that we have an abundance of fruit and vegetables.

Quoting: When is Harvest Festival in the UK?

Harvest festivals are traditionally held on or near the Sunday of the Harvest Moon. This is the full Moon that occurs closest to the autumn equinox (about Sept. 23). In two years out of three, the Harvest Moon comes in September, but in some years it occurs in October.

Unlike the USA and Canada, the UK does not have a national holiday for Harvest Festival.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind November 30th 2009, 9:17 am

Glad to see you back here vanilla, I havnt seen you here in a while..
Basicaly, if you go way back, thanksgiving was dirived from the harvest festival in europe. We over here associated it with meeting and shring goods with the locals, and it became thanksgiving! Another time of year to see family, share food and just be thankful for what we have. Lots of people here give out food donations or go work in the soup kitchen as well.

Just a little fact too. Did you know the europian festival you speak of came from the wiccan/pagan " the last havest festival"? It was to celebrate the last harvest of food before the dark cold winter months kicked in. They thanked the earth and all the plants an animals for being alive, and being able to reap the benifits that mother earth has givin them. Involved, food, fire, and lots of booze. Lol. Sounds fairly untouched over the last thousand years...
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots December 1st 2009, 7:14 pm

awesome history
hope you all are well
good sharing....LOL Time to Eat
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down