Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Common Question

4 posters

Go down

Common Question Empty Common Question

Post by Wind-Dancer December 31st 2009, 8:28 pm

At one time or another, and in one way or another, we have all asked ourselves these questions. "Why am I here? What, if anything, am I supposed to be doing? Is there a purpose I am suppose to fulfill?"

Until we arrive at answers to such questions, our life seems to hold little, or no meaning. Once we ask, we often wonder why we didn't pursue the answer much sooner.

Life without meaning, or purpose, is somewhat like the analogy my high school history teacher used when encouraging our class to set goals. I can still picture him standing in front of the room holding a piece of white chalk, saying, "Without a goal, you're like a boat without a rudder or an anchor, just being bounced around any which way at the mercy of the wind. We laughed and mimicked him outside of class, but that pathetic boat he had drawn on the blackboard depicted most of us back then. Unfortunately, that boat at the mercy of the wind represented a number of us years later. Fortunately, most of us grew tired of being bounced around, and asked.

What do I want life to be?

Finally, you listen to your heart. You realize that it is your passion and love that directs you to your purpose in life. Interestingly, it has nothing to do with making the most money, what others expect from you, or what is fashionable and popular. It has nothing to do with the majority of what was written on our walls by otherwise well-meaning parents, teachers, ministers, counselors, et al. Long forgotten writings deeply buried in our unconscious mind that now and again break loose just often enough to sabotage our happiness and success. That can, if allowed, prevent us from fulfilling our life purpose.

The good in finding your purpose is that once you begin doing, begin living, begin fulfilling it--everything you need begins to appear in your life.

Purpose makes your life easier. It flows. You are in control. You no longer get caught up in life. One that tugs and pulls you this way, then another.

It is by following your heart, your passion and love, that allows the ills of life--the worries, fears--to disappear and be replaced with joy, happiness, and satisfaction.

Yes, making changes can be a scaring experience. It is far easier to stay within your comfort zone, no matter how badly you dislike where you are. However, it is never too late to find your purpose and begin taking the steps to live it. Begin by incorporating pieces of your passion into your life. Take little steps and add to them. Listen to the voice within. Soon, you will be fulfilling your life's purpose.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Common Question Empty Re: Common Question

Post by Spirit-Being December 31st 2009, 8:40 pm

That piece was me in a nut shell. going back about 3 weeks ago i went through this exact thing, i could not see a purpose for my life. Life without a purpose makes it hard to live for anything but selfish reasons. I know now once again that my life is full of purpose, i am grateful to be alive today to achieve a goal i set out for myself which is to be more Positive, Compassionate, Humble, & Loving each and every day of my life.

Have a Great New Year

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 January 1st 2010, 5:04 am

I'm 58 and still ask myself this same question time and time again, and still I have not found my purpose in life, I say to myself after all these years, what have I done, why so much of my life wasted, do we wait for our life to change, is God the one who causes our life to change, so that we take a completely different path to anything that we would ever have thought of, or do we change our own life to incorporate something good from it, ie: charity work, doing something worthwhile for the community, anything that you could be proud of, or other people could be proud of you.

Guess what I'm trying to say is, how many times do we hear of an upcoming ballerina, ice-skater, football player who is involved in a tragic car accident, who goes on to losing a leg or worse becomes paralysed, putting an end to there forthcoming career, only to find God had other plans for them, they then land up doing something that otherwise they would never have dreamed of, like sailing, climbing a mountain, walking the London marathon even if it takes them a week to finish, all in aid of raising money for charity. Is this what we are waiting for, guidance from God, or do we go out and find it ourselves.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots January 5th 2010, 8:55 pm

it's the little gestures that accumulate